WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ussa insurance this makes my blood boil.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Rant on

Found out today that if you are a window of some one that was kia you do not qualify for thier services unless they deceased set up a profile before thier death.

Now I have had my probs with them in the past, but when I found that out. I was just blown away. Even the guy I spoke too saif said he wished they would change that policy.

Ok rant off.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Rant on

Found out today that if you are a window of some one that was kia you do not qualify for thier services unless they deceased set up a profile before thier death.

Now I have had my probs with them in the past, but when I found that out. I was just blown away. Even the guy I spoke too saif said he wished they would change that policy.

Ok rant off.

I have had USAA for decades. I got in as a dependent to my father who was an officer. Today, I understand anybody can get in at USAA you just won't get the rates that I get. They are for profit now.

BajaMike

Reaction score
USAA has always been great to me. From the web site today.

68F6C69C-B45A-46F4-90C5-4CD3B06586E7.jpeg

rrrr

Reaction score
Rant on

Ok rant off.

Seems like a rational policy to me. If the service member wasn't interested enough in USAA to make the slight effort required to join as a member, how else would they determine the applicant had a valid relationship with the deceased?

I'm quite sure the policy is fully explained on their website. It's not as if they were deceitful.

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Yes, but some one that was KIA

Killed
In
Action.

Should be given a pass. Just my $.02

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
t6g9r.jpg

braindead

Reaction score
According to the information provided if they were married, they are now widowes or widowers, so usaa should honor it.

If they weren't married than they fucked

Yellowboat

Reaction score
According to the information provided if they were married, they are now widowes or widowers, so usaa should honor it.

If they weren't married than they fucked
They will not unless the person started a profile with them before thier death. Call them up and ask them. I did.

BajaMike

Reaction score
It’s a closed group, which has benefits to the members of the insurance pool. It used to be only open to officers in the military and their families. Now it includes enlisted men and women.

Having a closed group should give a better risk pool and lower rates. I have received low rates and refund (dividend) checks every year for the 40 years I’ve been a member.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
I did not read most of the posts. I have owned a collision repair shop for 35 years. They have never been nice to their insured's and are very difficult to deal with. I quite doing work for them about five years ago. If I cannot do safe repairs and make a profit, they need to go somewhere else. They are not what they claim to be, just another sales pitch. I hate to send my elderly insured's away, but will not do sub quality repairs for any company.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I had USAA for many years but dumped them because every time I talked to them, all I got was “well the computer says..” They screwed me on a minor collision, totaled my truck. Denied a car loan after pre approving me. Final straw was I sold a car and deposited the cashiers check from the buyer. They locked EVERY account I had with them for almost a week while they “investigated for fraud”

I closed all of my accounts and moved over to Navy Federal. They are fantastic to work with.

2Driver

Reaction score
I did not read most of the posts. I have owned a collision repair shop for 35 years. They have never been nice to their insured's and are very difficult to deal with. I quite doing work for them about five years ago. If I cannot do safe repairs and make a profit, they need to go somewhere else. They are not what they claim to be, just another sales pitch. I hate to send my elderly insured's away, but will not do sub quality repairs for any company.

Pretty much my experience having been a VP at Mitchell International for 15 years.

Patyacht

Reaction score
After 40 years with USAA I dumped them. They have stopped caring about their customers and I was able to get cheaper and better coverage through Devin Wozencraft, Wozencraft Insurance (714) 263-2626.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
They have never been nice to their insured's and are very difficult to deal with.

That’s unfortunate.

But my experience with them over the last 30 years has been the exact opposite.

I have no desire to go anywhere, and I feel their customer service has been excellent as far as my dealings with them (insurance, banking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro