WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Utah CCW

Your ad here

Reaction score
I still want to apply in Cali but a little discouraged at this point.

Is Chino Riverside or SB county? Ive heard SB is easy. Riverside is a little harder but you have a good chance.

As a side note, i will be going after my Nevada when i get back there in January should cover everything i will need except Cali and that will just have to be what it is when it is.

I am curious though, say your traveling and your passing through California and have your weapon with you. I'd think if you had unloaded weapon (no mag) in the center console and mag(s) in glove compartment and presented your CCW from where ever and was upfront and honest would you get in serious shit, get your stuff confiscated? I'm guessing depends on your attitude as to how nice the officer is going to be.

Dont present an out of state ccw to an officer in a state that doesnt honor it. A gun in the center consol is not very smart. If you keep your paperwork in the consol and have to open it in front of the officer to get it, oh shit. Rule of thumb is if you aren't carrying the weapon concealed then dont present a ccw card or mention firearm in the vehicle unless the officer ask. Its not always a get out of jail free card. Sometimes it can work against you. In California the best way to transport a firearm is unloaded in a locked case.

Utah is a weird ccw state. Easy to get but got some weird interpretations of the CCW laws. Peeing in public in Utah is a felony.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Is Chino Riverside or SB county? Ive heard SB is easy. Riverside is a little harder but you have a good chance.

Dont present an out of state ccw to an officer in a state that doesnt honor it. A gun in the center consol is not very smart. If you keep your paperwork in the consol and have to open it in front of the officer to get it, oh shit. Rule of thumb is if you aren't carrying the weapon concealed then dont present a ccw card or mention firearm in the vehicle unless the officer ask. Its not always a get out of jail free card. Sometimes it can work against you. In California the best way to transport a firearm is unloaded in a locked case.

Utah is a weird ccw state. Easy to get but got some weird interpretations of the CCW laws. Peeing in public in Utah is a felony.

San Bernardino [emoji106]🏽

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Do your research (for good cause reason) and go for it.

No don't. Somebody is coming to the game late. McMahon can and will deny on grounds of failing "good moral character". My advice for you in particular stands.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Sure. But yeah if you already have a Utah CCW you are definitely good. You can see me when it's time for renewal.

I have AZ and want the UT that way I am covered in more states....sign me up :)

TLAW719

Reaction score
Tons of good info here. Thanks voodoo. Please put me on the list for the Utah CCW as well. The more I can get the better. Also I would definitely be interested in doing shooting classes and training with you.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Just an update guys. I'm trying to schedule range time somewhere in January. Kind of crazy for everyone this month I'm sure. I'll update you guys hopefully this week when I can get it all figured out.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Guys I'm not flaking. Still looking at January. I just need to figure out schedules. I've been tied up. My dad went to Heaven on Saturday night and it's been rough since last Thursday. I should know service dates by next week and can try and book a range date after.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Guys I'm not flaking. Still looking at January. I just need to figure out schedules. I've been tied up. My dad went to Heaven on Saturday night and it's been rough since last Thursday. I should know service dates by next week and can try and book a range date after.

Never mind, I found it. So so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Wow I just saw this. Really sorry for your loss VooDoo. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Reaction score

Sorry to hear voodoo. My thoughts are with you and your family.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

:( Condolences to you and your family....RIP

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
In California that would be illegal. Needs to be unloaded in a locked container and it cannot be the glove compartment or center console. Now most guys would probably let you slide but you never know when you'll get a Barney Fife.

More than once I have carried with gun and mag in the gun pouch .
Gun not loaded with mag out with the mag full .
Dose no good gun in the trunk locked .

And I never travel in the desert roads
With out it .
I live in LA county no way for a CCW .
So what is the fine or what will happen

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
More than once I have carried with gun and mag in the gun pouch .
Gun not loaded with mag out with the mag full .
Dose no good gun in the trunk locked .

And I never travel in the desert roads
With out it .
I live in LA county no way for a CCW .
So what is the fine or what will happen

Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a misdemeanor if the gun is registered to you. If not it is a felony. Also a felony if in a school zone or while committing a crime.

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
Just an update guys. I'm trying to schedule range time somewhere in January. Kind of crazy for everyone this month I'm sure. I'll update you guys hopefully this week when I can get it all figured out.
I am very interested in this, is it still an option? I live in Orange County so that one is out of the question I suppose. I have no formal training but have been around guns all my life. I know and handle guns safely and can put ten rounds in a paper plate at 10-15 yards with no problem. What would it take to get my Utah ccw?

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit is a misdemeanor if the gun is registered to you. If not it is a felony. Also a felony if in a school zone or while committing a crime.

somehow I either misread this post or didn't see it [emoji16]

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I am very interested in this, is it still an option? I live in Orange County so that one is out of the question I suppose. I have no formal training but have been around guns all my life. I know and handle guns safely and can put ten rounds in a paper plate at 10-15 yards with no problem. What would it take to get my Utah ccw?

Sorry. A ton of things happened personally including my dad passing away. It put things on the back burner. One other thing I was waiting for was the NRA to finish its update of the basic course which is now a blended online/in person course. I'm up and running but finishing up with a law enforcement agency and should be starting academy either April or May.

I am going to see about some range time on the 3rd possibly to get this done. If I end up in May's academy I can look at some other dates. If it doesn't work out I won't be able to do anything until I'm done with the academy most likely. But I can certainly point people in the right direction of good trainers.

Just doing Utah CCW I could knock out the required legal info in a couple hours. It its be nice to do a range day for RDP that'll meet everyone's needs. Standby. I'll see if I can get it worked out.

IN AWE

Reaction score
Sorry. A ton of things happened personally including my dad passing away. It put things on the back burner. One other thing I was waiting for was the NRA to finish its update of the basic course which is now a blended online/in person course. I'm up and running but finishing up with a law enforcement agency and should be starting academy either April or May.

I am going to see about some range time on the 3rd possibly to get this done. If I end up in May's academy I can look at some other dates. If it doesn't work out I won't be able to do anything until I'm done with the academy most likely. But I can certainly point people in the right direction of good trainers.

Just doing Utah CCW I could knock out the required legal info in a couple hours. It its be nice to do a range day for RDP that'll meet everyone's needs. Standby. I'll see if I can get it worked out.

Don't be sorry, I just came back to find this thread and read about your father. I am truly sorry for your loss and hope that God brings peace to your family.

It sounds like the NRA coarse may not fit into your schedule right now and is not necessary for the Utah CCW. If you do hold a class I am in. My time is very flexible as I am self employed. One question, is the NRA class still a 2 day class?

I definitely want to do the Utah CCW and can do that training/studying whenever the time permits. The RDP range day sounds great to me.

I hope all works out for you with the the agency and the academy. Thank you for all the time you spend with us RDPer's answering gun and legal questions that we have. Your knowledge is invaluable.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Don't be sorry, I just came back to find this thread and read about your father. I am truly sorry for your loss and hope that God brings peace to your family.

It sounds like the NRA coarse may not fit into your schedule right now and is not necessary for the Utah CCW. If you do hold a class I am in. My time is very flexible as I am self employed. One question, is the NRA class still a 2 day class?

I definitely want to do the Utah CCW and can do that training/studying whenever the time permits. The RDP range day sounds great to me.

I hope all works out for you with the the agency and the academy. Thank you for all the time you spend with us RDPer's answering gun and legal questions that we have. Your knowledge is invaluable.

Why aren't you applying in OC for your permit? I got mine a few months ago. It was very easy and my buddy just got his too.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Why aren't you applying in OC for your permit? I got mine a few months ago. It was very easy and my buddy just got his too.

If you don't mind me asking... What did you use for "Good Cause"?

I'm just an average guy, with an average life, I work from 8 to 5 and don't deal with business owners' strife. Nor do I handle large amounts of cash or high value items as part of my job. And thankfully (knock on wood) I've never been a victim of violent crime.

IN AWE

Reaction score

:yikes I didn't even think that was an option, heck yes, that is what I want. Must have been lumping in O.C. with L.A.? Still want Utah and AZ. also.:thumbsup

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score

Thank you.

The personal protection outside the home course is two days. That's not what I want to do for RDP though.

I was looking at just doing the basic pistol course since there is varying skill levels here from beginning to expert. Having an NRA certificate will allow people to get AZ and FL CCW's as well. So instead of spending half the day on the course then people can do the online portion on their own time and I can go through the range stuff in an hour or so in the morning. Then run through holster work and ramp up into skill builder drills and some other personal protection drills off the NRA clock. Finish off the day with the required legal info for Utah CCW and provide info on how to obtain AZ and FL as well.

That's what I'd like to do anyway.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
:yikes I didn't even think that was an option, heck yes, that is what I want. Must have been lumping in O.C. with L.A.? Still want Utah and AZ. also.:thumbsup

PM me your email and I'll send you info. Yes you can obtain OC CCW. Apply now!!!

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
If you don't mind me asking... What did you use for "Good Cause"?

I'm just an average guy, with an average life, I work from 8 to 5 and don't deal with business owners' strife. Nor do I handle large amounts of cash or high value items as part of my job. And thankfully (knock on wood) I've never been a victim of violent crime.

Discuss that in PM. You don't want people copying.

PM me and I'll help with ideas as well or will review your statement.

Flynryan

Reaction score
Discuss that in PM. You don't want people copying.

PM me and I'll help with ideas as well or will review your statement.

Exactly! The interviewers IMO want good law obeying citizens to have ccw's. Not as difficult to obtain as most would think. Get online and schedule your appointment today because its like a 3 month wait to get an interview. PM me if you want any other questions answered.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
Okay I have a couple people asking about this and thought we could knock it out in a group setting. For a Utah CCW you have to go to a trainer certified by the Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification. I am such a guy. Classes around So Cal are around 100-150 bucks. For RDP I will do it for $50 for those that can prove to me somehow (we can discuss via PM if you don't have any training certs or ccw already etc.) that you already know how to shoot safely defensively in public. I know I know I'm a big 2A guy but this is my name going on this so I won't pencil whip it. Doing it this way we can sit down for a couple of hours and I can give you exactly what is required by the State of Utah and stamp and sign your applications. We can figure out a place to do it if there is interest.

For those of you who want one but need some basic shooting instruction then we can figure out something else. I still have to give the basics but we'd need to hit the range and add in some basic defensive training. Just would have to know how many people to figure out cost, curriculum and range scheduling. Cost would be more but still very affordable for an RDP hookup.

Let me know.

Oh. I'll also help you get your AZ and FL CCW's. Just don't need a specific state certified stamp for that. No extra charges.

I have my CCW in Norcal, but would like to try and get it in Riverside County. I think I might have a shot, if not know how to push the issue. I'd love to get certified down here so I can submit the application.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I have my CCW in Norcal, but would like to try and get it in Riverside County. I think I might have a shot, if not know how to push the issue. I'd love to get certified down here so I can submit the application.

Did you move? You talk about having one in NorCal but you want one in Riverside and your location shows San Diego.

Although they are issued locally they are good in the entire state per penal code as it is a state law.

But if you moved then your NorCal one isn't good anymore really...

Riverside will happen. Glad to send you the basic info I have typed out for each county if you PM me your email.

If you live in San Diego county then move north for your best shot. [emoji16] Not going to happen under Sheriff Gore. Even with the Peruta decision he's just made denial by runaround.