WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Utah non-residence boat

2Driver

Reaction score
WTF I have to take a boating course but UT residents don't?

LOL But any idiot who has never boated can rent a boat or jetski and have at it.

DF42F5B4-D7BD-4962-81D7-93FBC9E04582.png

Last edited:

FlatNv

Reaction score
yep and dont forget to go online and get ejukated before they let you give them money:rolleyes:

Taboma

Reaction score
How does that work on Lake Powell, when the majority of that lake is in Utah ?

Reactions: DWC

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
You get stopped outside st George and at Powell I believe

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
WTF I have to take a boating course but UT residents don't?

LOL But any idiot who has never boated can rent a boat or jetski and have at it.

View attachment 894537

The course is the same questions that you answer to do a yearly quagga certificate to launch, or the form you fill out as launching at any body of water. It’s an easy multiple choice 16 question test that you read the answer before each one and have three attempts to pass! Your 5 yo could do it in ten minutes!!!! Hell I do it every year so I don’t have to fill the pass out every time I launch so only difference is I have to pay $20 now. I register in Az and pay the non res fee and it’s still cheaper then paying Utah taxes and fees each year and even without the extra 20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
How does that work on Lake Powell, when the majority of that lake is in Utah ?

Same as Havasu/California except Powell is more controlled by the state of Utah so you will probably be asked to take the test and pay the $20 before launching.

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
You get stopped outside st George and at Powell I believe

If you don’t get an inspection when leaving the lake it is illegal and you can be stopped and possibly cited, also it is posted at the border port of entry that all vessels/watercraft entering the state must stop for an inspection. If you don’t stop and try to launch once in the state they will inspect and decontaminate your boat on site if no mussels are found and probably get a warning (stern talking to) about the laws, if they find evasive species during the inspection the will quarantine your boat for 14 days and have it decontaminated on your dime for that and storage as well as fines! Just had a paid shipper try to deliver a new purchase boat at a local lake that got tagged with all sorts of shit for that but he also had no oversized permits or tags and no documents for stopping for an inspection or ports for transportation across five state lines and they found mussels all over the boat. He got hammered by state/federal Leo’s including fines and possible suspension of his cdl.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
If you don’t get an inspection when leaving the lake it is illegal and you can be stopped and possibly cited, also it is posted at the border port of entry that all vessels/watercraft entering the state must stop for an inspection. If you don’t stop and try to launch once in the state they will inspect and decontaminate your boat on site if no mussels are found and probably get a warning (stern talking to) about the laws, if they find evasive species during the inspection the will quarantine your boat for 14 days and have it decontaminated on your dime for that and storage as well as fines! Just had a paid shipper try to deliver a new purchase boat at a local lake that got tagged with all sorts of shit for that but he also had no oversized permits or tags and no documents for stopping for an inspection or ports for transportation across five state lines and they found mussels all over the boat. He got hammered by state/federal Leo’s including fines and possible suspension of his cdl.

What if you wear a mask ? 😉🤔😃

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
"WTF I have to take a boating course but UT residents don't? "

Residents have to do it also

4Waters

Reaction score
I thought Powell was infested.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
So they wont let you launch in Lake Powell unless you take this course and pay $20 ???

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
So they wont let you launch in Lake Powell unless you take this course and pay $20 ???

That is the general idea... That said, I have not heard anyone being asked for proof as yet.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
FYI for anybody going to Lake Powell. I just did the Online Decontamination Course and Test, but nowhere did it ask for a $20 fee. ;)

Ol Man

Reaction score
I finally took the test. A couple I missed. Never asked for the $20. Printed and will see how it goes in a couple of days. Stupid in my opinion.....but who asked for my opinion. By the way, I thought it would generate a PDF, but did not. Just printed a screen shot.

CHECKERED_PAST

Reaction score
I finally took the test. A couple I missed. Never asked for the $20. Printed and will see how it goes in a couple of days. Stupid in my opinion.....but who asked for my opinion. By the way, I thought it would generate a PDF, but did not. Just printed a screen shot.

Print out the form, show them when launching, and when asked if you did the non res fee say yes! I had my form a month before they started this and launched the first day it was active and it was nothing. Showed them the form and sense I was already in state and had been with the boat decon was not required, when they asked if I did the non resident fee I said yes and that was all!