WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Utah off road

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
If Calif and Nv see’s this most likely follow

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At 30$, that's not bad...like paying for a couple of launches at Pirates. I wonder how this will effect street registered vehicles though.

Patyacht

Reaction score
Most of the west coast states are doing away with the reciprocal licensing of past except for CA right now. AZ is now requiring out of staters to pay $25 for an off-road sticker. Utah just started charging $30 and Colorado has had this requirement for years.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It's time California started charging $25 per surfboard.
We Have a tube tax here in Illinois. $5 bucks per floating device which includes pretty much anything that floats on the water.

The DNR fined my wife last summer X2. :D

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Arizona announced that they are doing this also. If I go 30 miles down the road I need a AZ tag, I'd bet pretty soon Nevada will be doing it also. My area gets hit heavy with out of state ATV's and UTV's .

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Most of the west coast states are doing away with the reciprocal licensing of past except for CA right now. AZ is now requiring out of staters to pay $25 for an off-road sticker. Utah just started charging $30 and Colorado has had this requirement for years.

Don’t forget ‘plus processing fee’ for Arizona non resident ohv tags :D

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
Arizona announced that they are doing this also. If I go 30 miles down the road I need a AZ tag, I'd bet pretty soon Nevada will be doing it also. My area gets hit heavy with out of state ATV's and UTV's .
Where are you located?

Singleton

Reaction score
At 30$, that's not bad...like paying for a couple of launches at Pirates. I wonder how this will effect street registered vehicles though.

No issue for street legal, yet.
If you have a legit plate with annual registration you are good to go.

Taboma

Reaction score
RE: AZ OHV registration, curious if anybody on here knows.
The AZ regs state one of the qualifiers for requiring an OHV sticker is "Under 1800 lbs" --- yet my Wildcat XX, new 4 seaters SxS and Kawasaki's new SxS clearly show their curb weight at over 1800 lbs.
I almost mentioned this documented fact to the nice lady at the Havasu MVD, when I was street registering mine, but decided $ 25 wasn't so bad vs the possibility I might end up paying much more for my street registration.

I could see this coming into play for this non-reciprocal sticker requirement if a Nevada stickered Wildcat XX (Or Can-Am) owner states he's exempt due to being over 1800 lbs.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
RE: AZ OHV registration, curious if anybody on here knows.
The AZ regs state one of the qualifiers for requiring an OHV sticker is "Under 1800 lbs" --- yet my Wildcat XX, new 4 seaters SxS and Kawasaki's new SxS clearly show their curb weight at over 1800 lbs.
I almost mentioned this documented fact to the nice lady at the Havasu MVD, when I was street registering mine, but decided $ 25 wasn't so bad vs the possibility I might end up paying much more for my street registration.

I could see this coming into play for this non-reciprocal sticker requirement if a Nevada stickered Wildcat XX (Or Can-Am) owner states he's exempt due to being over 1800 lbs.

So you are saying the rangers will start carrying scales soon :)

On a serious note this will make things more interesting for awhile until the legislation catches up.

Taboma

Reaction score
So you are saying the rangers will start carrying scales soon :)

On a serious note this will make things more interesting for awhile until the legislation catches up.

Well I suppose scales might be in order considering the addition of hundreds of extra "accessory" pounds :eek: No wonder your springs are sagging and turbos are needed. :rolleyes:

I've just been curious about that specific weight division being part of the regulation as a criteria. I could have certainly pointed out in the owner's manual that my Wildcat exceeded that weight criteria, even stock with no add-ons. BUT, a life time of dealing with the CA DMV has taught me, answer their questions as briefly as possible, do not elaborate --- else their eye's brighten and you near "OH, well in that case" you're screwed !!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

So yes, I wonder if anybody has spoken up and what if any repercussions they suffered. Did their SxS street registration suffer far more than $ 25 ??
I can only assume the weight criteria was to differentiate a SxS from a Jeep as an example. ??

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Yeah Utah is $30 but the good thing is you can buy the sticker everyplace.

Wife and I have thousands of Utah OHV miles on and off the street and the LEOs leave you alone.
As friendly an OHV state as you’ll ever find.

In Az get the OHV sticker for your SXS and you’re fine.
If stopped on the street without the plate “you were headed to get fuel.”

Believe it or not their is also an Az Trust land Fee.
You simply print the receipt or show it on your cell phone in the unlikely event you get asked.

We crossed over Az trust land briefly twice.
Once just north of Phoenix for about 50 yards and once just east of Quartzite for 10 feet.
Most trust land we encounter is fenced off and full of hate.

Last edited:

Letsride22

Reaction score
This has been happening for years with other States when riding snowmobiles etc, now Utah if finally getting on board. We ride from Utah into Idaho and regularly get checked for the Idaho tag. Surprised it hasn't happened on boats yet.