WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Utah travel?

sirbob

Reaction score
Does anybody know what’s going on with travel to Park City for the holidays?

We are considering going but not sure if things are open. I’d hate to go because I can get a room but the restaurants etc are all closed.

Who knows what’s going on now and what’s expected for the next 3-4 weeks?

Last edited:

Singleton

Reaction score
No idea. Have the same questions for CO.
Family has 3 - 2 bed/2bath rooms and ski passes for Copper Mountain.
flight departs 5pm 12/25. final decision will be made 12/24

cofooter

Reaction score
Kind of takes the fun out of it........ also check your ski pass/ticket rules. They will restrict the number of people on the mountain. Even if you have a ski pass/ lift ticket, you may not be allowed to use it. This would be my biggest concern.

Restaurants are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor dining is allowed, with sale of alcohol for onsite consumption ending at 8 p.m. Onsite consumption of alcohol by employees prohibited after 8 p.m. Takeout, delivery and curbside pickup of food and beverages are allowed, with alcohol sales ending at 10 p.m.

Singleton

Reaction score
Kind of takes the fun out of it........ also check your ski pass/ticket rules. They will restrict the number of people on the mountain. Even if you have a ski pass/ lift ticket, you may not be allowed to use it. This would be my biggest concern.

Restaurants are closed for indoor dining. Outdoor dining is allowed, with sale of alcohol for onsite consumption ending at 8 p.m. Onsite consumption of alcohol by employees prohibited after 8 p.m. Takeout, delivery and curbside pickup of food and beverages are allowed, with alcohol sales ending at 10 p.m.

passes are for Copper Mountain. If you have a pass and parking reservation you can go. We reserved our parking, the day parking reservations opened. same day tickets will not be sold

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score

Love Copper. The slopes in CO are way more legit than I was ready for. I still have flashbacks from one of my yard sale moments at Copper. It was bad, ski's, hat, glasses, gloves, poles, I was limping all over the mountain trying to round up all my crap. Thankfully they mix a mean Irish Coffee in the lodge lol.

Singleton

Reaction score
Love Copper. The slopes in CO are way more legit than I was ready for. I still have flashbacks from one of my yard sale moments at Copper. It was bad, ski's, hat, glasses, gloves, poles, I was limping all over the mountain trying to round up all my crap. Thankfully they mix a mean Irish Coffee in the lodge lol.

Copper is the family ski/snowboard home. Been going to Copper since 2015, and the 6 years before Winter Park. Still miss Mary Jane, but the drive sucks.

I tell folks the following
CA Green = CO transverse
CA Blue = CO Green
CA Black = CO Blue
CA 3Black = CO Black

we stay on blues and black and my 9yo daughter stopped doing greens 4 years ago :)

Singleton

Reaction score
Are you saying they are open or is this just a flipped political comment?

Park City is open, however. Restaurants are limiting capacity and hours. Biggest concern for you is mountain access.

PASS HOLDER RESERVATIONS
For your safety, we are managing on-mountain access this season. Reservations
will be required, and our pass holders will get priority access.

LIFT TICKETS
This season, we have limited on-mountain access to ensure your safety. Book your lift tickets early

sirbob

Reaction score
Park City is open, however. Restaurants are limiting capacity and hours. Biggest concern for you is mountain access.

PASS HOLDER RESERVATIONS
For your safety, we are managing on-mountain access this season. Reservations
will be required, and our pass holders will get priority access.

LIFT TICKETS
This season, we have limited on-mountain access to ensure your safety. Book your lift tickets early

Great feedback - Thank you

JD D05

Reaction score
I live here. Most places are open but it isn't "normal". The governor has forced bars to stop serving alcohol at 10PM through Dec could be extended. Utah is open, some eating establishments are take out only but most are open.

Singleton

Reaction score
Great feedback - Thank you

enjoy the trip.
we ended up purchasing season passes so we can get mountain access (5 in total). Oldest son told us last night he is only joining us for 1 night. Taking his GF on a surprise New Years trip and will not being with us all week. Submitted full cancel and refund request for his pass this am (Last day full refunds are given).

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
We are going to PC DEC 20-24 and also over presidents day. We have season passes and days reserved. Sundance is obviously cancelled - we enjoyed the limited mountain traffic on this week and PCL concerts. Family trips so we cook and hang at the VRBO. I am leaving my gear out there since we will not be going to any other mountain this season.

DaveH

Reaction score
PC is open, was there at thanksgiving. didn't really see anything closed down, just limited seating pretty much like everywhere else. had a nice time at No Name and all the other usual spots.

the ski resorts are just opening up as they really haven't had much significant snowfall.......yet.

plenty of people cruising the streets, but obviously not as busy compared to when ski season is in full swing.

JD D05

Reaction score
PC is open, was there at thanksgiving. didn't really see anything closed down, just limited seating pretty much like everywhere else. had a nice time at No Name and all the other usual spots.

the ski resorts are just opening up as they really haven't had much significant snowfall.......yet.

plenty of people cruising the streets, but obviously not as busy compared to when ski season is in full swing.

We have projections to get 100 inches in the next week.

Mike K

Reaction score
About skiing ... we have the passes ... but have heard a lot about limiting the number of people on the slopes ... call ahead for sure. 🍹

JD D05

Reaction score
No way 100 ? Nothing down at home
Screenshot_20201210-165221_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20201210-165239_Messages.jpg

sirbob

Reaction score
Regarding lift tickets...

Do you think staying a Stein Ericsson Lodge or the St Regis could help in getting tickets? I'm thinking hotel affiliation or concierge being able to get them?

It seems like sometimes nice hotels have local connections?

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
About skiing ... we have the passes ... but have heard a lot about limiting the number of people on the slopes ... call ahead for sure. 🍹

If you have the Epic Day or year passes, then all you have to take the extra step to reserve your day(s) online. Once you do that, just head to the liftline.

Calling Vail Resorts is an exercise in frustration...lol.

I always buy online these days. I just paid $116/day for all my (non-holiday) lift tickets at Park City and Breck for the 2021 season.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Does anybody know what’s going on with travel to Park City for the holidays?

We are considering going but not sure if things are open. I’d hate to go because I can get a room but the restaurants etc are all closed.

Who knows what’s going on now and what’s expected for the next 3-4 weeks?

I'm going to Park City on Sunday. I’ll let you know. Montage Hotel says everything is open. Don’t know about Main Street. They say Deer Valley is 50% open, cold and making snow, and storms on they way.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Regarding lift tickets...

Do you think staying a Stein Ericsson Lodge or the St Regis could help in getting tickets? I'm thinking hotel affiliation or concierge being able to get them?

It seems like sometimes nice hotels have local connections?

Yes, or Montage.

sirbob

Reaction score
I'm going to Park City on Sunday. I’ll let you know. Montage Hotel says everything is open. Don’t know about Main Street. They say Deer Valley is 50% open, cold and making snow, and storms on they way.

Terrific I’d love to get first hand up to date info !

Singleton

Reaction score
Terrific I’d love to get first hand up to date info !

call the hotel and ask. Everything I read on PC is season passes plus reservation for day you want to be on slope is required (first come / first serve reservations).
Hotels might have a work around.