WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UTV Documentary on Amazon

desrtrat256

Reaction score
This was a pretty cool project I got to be apart of last year in Sand Hollow Utah. A documentary portraying the offroad and UTV lifestyle while exploring Sand Hollow Utah with my pals. Take a gander and let me know what you think.

desrtrat256

Reaction score
Here is the trailer. should give you a better idea of what this is about.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the trailer. should give you a better idea of what this is about.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Turned out Bitchin Kyle! Nice work!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Sand Hollow looks amazing. Will have to set-up a riding trip their next season. Great Job!!!

rickym20

Reaction score
Watched it last night, some cool riding spots and some eye candy in there too 👍🏼👍🏼. I need to give that place a try.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Nice to see your backyard on a documentary. Check out FATCO. Friend of mine’s tour company here in Utah. Super cool guy and some amazing things to see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Been wanting to watch this. Didn't know it was out already. Thanks!

desrtrat256

Reaction score
Nice to see your backyard on a documentary. Check out FATCO. Friend of mine’s tour company here in Utah. Super cool guy and some amazing things to see

Frank and Misty are awesome people. We did the north rim trip with them last year and that was the trip of a lifetime. We are trying to do more with them but 2020 has been tough to produce content and travel.

cole_skier

Reaction score
Frank and Misty are awesome people. We did the north rim trip with them last year and that was the trip of a lifetime. We are trying to do more with them but 2020 has been tough to produce content and travel.

They are the best. Did a trip with them last year with the Funco group.
I have known Frank and Misty for close to 20 years

Last edited:

cole_skier

Reaction score
Just watched the documentary. Very cool. Great job by all those involved

702sandman

Reaction score
We can’t wait to hit the road again Kyle....Claudia , Sierra and I had a blast filming this 🤘it turned out amazing

desrtrat256

Reaction score
We can’t wait to hit the road again Kyle....Claudia , Sierra and I had a blast filming this 🤘it turned out amazing

It was a damn good time! I can't thank you guys, the Sims, DJ and all the on screen talent enough for rolling the dice and coming out there. I hope you guys had fun and it pays off for you when you show sponsors and such.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I watched it last night.
I think it was well done. From the perspective of "just another guy with a UTV" I'd offer the following.
We have several families in our group of riders, we vacation together almost exclusively. A quick count in my head and we have about 12 machines? IT was good to see aftermarket vendors out actually using the machines. I know more than once one of our gang has purchased a product and we all get together to see how it works, and wind up wondering if anyone involved in building the piece every tried to install and use it in the field. It is nice to see some of the industry out using the machines.
I saw a group of racers enjoying the machines as they were built to be enjoyed, the way "the rest of us" use them primarily. I never consdered the fact that a guy racing UTV's doesn't get the chance to "enjoy" the scenery like most of us do. Our stops every half hour or so to look around take a pic, etc is a big part of our day.
It is good to see the ladies involved in the sport. I have two granddaughters, one 4 and the other 12 and I like to be able to point to a girl driving a UTV, and say, "see...you can do this". As a sport I don't think we do enough to encourage them to jump in with both feet.
I don't think anyone pushes the family aspect of this sport enough. It is something that needs to be documented and put out for the world to see. In the world today our kids are so wired into a virtual world that they don't get anchored well enough to the real world. If you don't give them an outlet they will find one...one you probably wont like. My sons were in the sand and off road in general before they were out of diapers. Now our grandchildren are being raised the same way.
The manufacturers need to push this angle more in their advertising, and not leave out the single Mom or Dad with a youngster. I know a few of these folks who bust their asses to pick up a used UTV, and a basic camping rig to make the time they have with their kid memorable. The UTV can be a place where parents and their kids can put the damn electronic crap down and focus on something together. The trip prep, the washing, the maintenance, all of that is part of the journey, and a way to teach responsibility...give your kid the responsibility for loading something, checking the oil, etc.
Get them to buy in.
Then the ride is the reward.
The UTV is a tool, a tool to make memories that last a lifetime, and to spend time with the people you love. In the process you get to explore the great outdoors, see places others will never see and in some case will never know existed, and drive a fun machine. The older you get the more you will look back and see that these are the times that matter, the days best spent. We spend a lot of things, money, energy, but the only thing we spend that can never be replaced is time.
I tend to count the number of nights per year we spend in the RV. All of those days are time well spent.

desrtrat256

Reaction score
I watched it last night.
I think it was well done. From the perspective of "just another guy with a UTV" I'd offer the following.
We have several families in our group of riders, we vacation together almost exclusively. A quick count in my head and we have about 12 machines? IT was good to see aftermarket vendors out actually using the machines. I know more than once one of our gang has purchased a product and we all get together to see how it works, and wind up wondering if anyone involved in building the piece every tried to install and use it in the field. It is nice to see some of the industry out using the machines.
I saw a group of racers enjoying the machines as they were built to be enjoyed, the way "the rest of us" use them primarily. I never consdered the fact that a guy racing UTV's doesn't get the chance to "enjoy" the scenery like most of us do. Our stops every half hour or so to look around take a pic, etc is a big part of our day.
It is good to see the ladies involved in the sport. I have two granddaughters, one 4 and the other 12 and I like to be able to point to a girl driving a UTV, and say, "see...you can do this". As a sport I don't think we do enough to encourage them to jump in with both feet.
I don't think anyone pushes the family aspect of this sport enough. It is something that needs to be documented and put out for the world to see. In the world today our kids are so wired into a virtual world that they don't get anchored well enough to the real world. If you don't give them an outlet they will find one...one you probably wont like. My sons were in the sand and off road in general before they were out of diapers. Now our grandchildren are being raised the same way.
The manufacturers need to push this angle more in their advertising, and not leave out the single Mom or Dad with a youngster. I know a few of these folks who bust their asses to pick up a used UTV, and a basic camping rig to make the time they have with their kid memorable. The UTV can be a place where parents and their kids can put the damn electronic crap down and focus on something together. The trip prep, the washing, the maintenance, all of that is part of the journey, and a way to teach responsibility...give your kid the responsibility for loading something, checking the oil, etc.
Get them to buy in.
Then the ride is the reward.
The UTV is a tool, a tool to make memories that last a lifetime, and to spend time with the people you love. In the process you get to explore the great outdoors, see places others will never see and in some case will never know existed, and drive a fun machine. The older you get the more you will look back and see that these are the times that matter, the days best spent. We spend a lot of things, money, energy, but the only thing we spend that can never be replaced is time.
I tend to count the number of nights per year we spend in the RV. All of those days are time well spent.

Thank you for taking the time to write all that. We do our best to tell a story and make it a relatable story. watching a trophy truck run baja is awesome but not relatable to the common man. We also spend a lot of time with the manufactures on the trail and with the racers on the trails and we all have a passion for this industry. There are very few in the SXS game that are in it for the sole purpose of getting rich.

jesco

Reaction score
Watched it last night... AWESOME JOB!!! Me and a buddy were just talking 2 weeks ago about planning a week in Utah/Sand Hallow, this sealed the deal for me. I flipped it to all my off-road friends and told them WATCH IT!!!

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to write all that. We do our best to tell a story and make it a relatable story. watching a trophy truck run baja is awesome but not relatable to the common man. We also spend a lot of time with the manufactures on the trail and with the racers on the trails and we all have a passion for this industry. There are very few in the SXS game that are in it for the sole purpose of getting rich.

You guys did well with the whole package. You are dialed in with the manufactures and the aftermarket, I spent the time putting all that together hoping you could share it with the manufacturers you talk to. I think they haven't used the family angle enough in their adverts, they need to cast the net wider, as it were.

As an aside, I have spent several months and many hours educating myself on all the features of the 7 button Ride Command System. The ride mapping stuff is great...once you figure it out.
Polaris has completely dropped the ball with this. They spent a bundle of $ developing this system then have done little to teach the consumer how to use it. If my dealer is the norm. they are less familair with it than most people who walk through the door. If they were smart they would get a bunch of inside people trained up on how to use it and then do a series of 30 min you tube videos that go step by step on how to use the damn tools. What they have put up on you tube is a joke. I would go so far as to see if sending trainers out to dealerships to put on classes in the evenings for owners to come in and watch the videos then go hands on with system.
At least 75% of the people I meet have no idea you need to go create a private home page on the Ride Command web site (yes there is one) to link ride to your car... I have not learned it all, but I now believe PoPo has a good system If they can get the other piece of the puzzle sorted out.
Teaching people to use it.
And yes, I have mentioned this to Polaris. More than once, LOL.

desrtrat256

Reaction score
You guys did well with the whole package. You are dialed in with the manufactures and the aftermarket, I spent the time putting all that together hoping you could share it with the manufacturers you talk to. I think they haven't used the family angle enough in their adverts, they need to cast the net wider, as it were.

As an aside, I have spent several months and many hours educating myself on all the features of the 7 button Ride Command System. The ride mapping stuff is great...once you figure it out.
Polaris has completely dropped the ball with this. They spent a bundle of $ developing this system then have done little to teach the consumer how to use it. If my dealer is the norm. they are less familair with it than most people who walk through the door. If they were smart they would get a bunch of inside people trained up on how to use it and then do a series of 30 min you tube videos that go step by step on how to use the damn tools. What they have put up on you tube is a joke. I would go so far as to see if sending trainers out to dealerships to put on classes in the evenings for owners to come in and watch the videos then go hands on with system.
At least 75% of the people I meet have no idea you need to go create a private home page on the Ride Command web site (yes there is one) to link ride to your car... I have not learned it all, but I now believe PoPo has a good system If they can get the other piece of the puzzle sorted out.
Teaching people to use it.
And yes, I have mentioned this to Polaris. More than once, LOL.

We always take input from readers of our mag and rec riders and pass it on to the manufactures......within reason. I have Polaris in the shop right now doing some R&D on a new door design. Im stoked you guys liked the movie.