WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

UTV helmets: what are you using ?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Did a search , I didn’t see any recent threads , Vin me if I missed it...

Have had the same half helmet since 2011’
Finally going to Comm’s and maybe an air system by end of year.
liking the impact (regular weight ,My work helmet is 17lbs, so I better be able to handle 5-7 lbs. ha ha)

What are you inmates using ?

DLC

Reaction score
Go with whatever radio set up you have.
try them on before you buy it needs to be comfortable fit and plan on adding the air pumper - I like the S&B with no filter but they are all bout the same...

rugged - go with one of their’s I like the bell Qualifier. $200 more for the impact race helmet, Buddy uses the impact and really likes it, I need to try one on

PCI - they have a few to choose from also

LowRiver2

Reaction score
A236F8C7-D73C-4C73-9F9D-64FCCCC4DEB9.jpeg

I tried this impact on at PCI: very good for and peripheral view. They had Klim which was close to fit but top mount air only and thinking I’d be bumping it on my roof.

yz450mm

Reaction score
View attachment 931819
I tried this impact on at PCI: very good for and peripheral view. They had Klim which was close to fit but top mount air only and thinking I’d be bumping it on my roof.
That's a great helmet, the guys at PCI will get you set up right. You will love having fresh air and comms, makes a big difference.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TPC

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I wear a Impact helmet from PCI with ear cups. Best Off-road helmet you can buy. I love it, super comfy!

lenmann

Reaction score
At the risk of starting a PCI vs. Rugged war...I run the Bell Qualifier from Rugged along with their pumper. Super comfy once you get the right cheek pads to fit your face, light weight, and I highly recommend the Transition lenses so you don't have to wears sunglasses under the hat. Never had any issues with the top feed hitting the roof or cage and I am 6' tall running a 2017 RZR XPT with a TMW cage. Both the helmet and the cage saved my ass in a 40 MPH roll over a week ago.

BELL-Qualifier-Helmet-MD.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
At the risk of starting a PCI vs. Rugged war...I run the Bell Qualifier from Rugged along with their pumper. Super comfy once you get the right cheek pads to fit your face, light weight, and I highly recommend the Transition lenses so you don't have to wears sunglasses under the hat. Never had any issues with the top feed hitting the roof or cage and I am 6' tall running a 2017 RZR XPT with a TMW cage. Both the helmet and the cage saved my ass in a 40 MPH roll over a week ago.

View attachment 931853

I have this one too. It is very comfortable and a great option. It is DOT rated, not SFI/SA2015 which is fine since we aren’t racing.

The price on this can’t be beat. They are normally $290 and go on sale for $240-$250.

The downside is that it does not have the inserts for a HANS device if you wanted to run one (because DOT). You can drill the helmet and install them if you wanted to.

Icky

Reaction score
Another option is to get the helmet wiring kit from pci or rugged and use a helmet you already have/like

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Another option is to get the helmet wiring kit from pci or rugged and use a helmet you already have/like

This is a good option too if you have the helmet. But considering the wiring kit is $90, and you may need other hardware for the helmet kit, adding an air port if your helmet does not have one, and a helmet skirt, the costs add up fast.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Mine is 8 years old and half helmet. While I like to think I lead on rides, reality is eating rocks sucks.
So new full face is my target.

LowRiver2

Reaction score

View attachment 931853
I was just curiois what others were using.
Like LOF said, short of racing, just comes down to fit and what anyone is willing to pay.
The KLIM and HJC do the job, but the impact just feels right with no added cheek pieces , etc.
I’m going to pop on my MX helmet tonight and measure the space to my roof from my helmet to see if I can even consider a top mount air inlet.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I was just curiois what others were using.
Like LOF said, short of racing, just comes down to fit and what anyone is willing to pay.
The KLIM and HJC do the job, but the impact just feels right with no added cheek pieces , etc.
I’m going to pop on my MX helmet tonight and measure the space to my roof from my helmet to see if I can even consider a top mount air inlet.

What size helmet do you need?

renodaytona

Reaction score

View attachment 931853

Same ones we run. For the price it really can't be beat. Look for the upcoming black Friday and Cyber Monday deals these are an even better deal then.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I have a new white helmet I got from PCI with comm and air never been used. I'll check the size and brand when I get home

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Same ones we run. For the price it really can't be beat. Look for the upcoming black Friday and Cyber Monday deals these are an even better deal then.

This. Or if you can get to the Sand Show in AZ this weekend, they will have great prices on them there. Rugged also has their "Race To Rugged" promo flash sales on helmets a few times a year.

4 wheel Parts also can order them or has them in stock if there is one near you, and you won't have to pay shipping.

Depending on where you have your off road comms plugs mounted, you also might need a jumper cable. Mine are flush mounted in the center console of my RZR, so wired helmets are useless without jumpers.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
This. Or if you can get to the Sand Show in AZ this weekend, they will have great prices on them there. Rugged also has their "Race To Rugged" promo flash sales on helmets a few times a year.

4 wheel Parts also can order them or has them in stock if there is one near you, and you won't have to pay shipping.

Depending on where you have your off road comms plugs mounted, you also might need a jumper cable. Mine are flush mounted in the center console of my RZR, so wired helmets are useless without jumpers.
I have these attached to harnesses :
1933884F-878B-4B28-B318-1CD6A77ADBFD.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
That will work fine with no jumper.

I have my jacks mounted here, so I need the jumpers.

what the HELL is your car doing so clean..... that has to be an old pic! I haven’t had a chance to wash mine from the poker run!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Haha, yea that is from a few months ago. I still have to clean it up next time I’m in town.

Reactions: DLC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I run the bell qualifier helmet. It’s very comfy. Top air is nice. Make sure you get an adjustable air unit. If it’s really cold at night it will freeze you out. Or hot you want it on full blast. I run the air setup from Kartek. Switch mounted controller so install was a breeze on my rzr
63E725A7-3E20-43FF-BF51-9D80B97E82E6.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I run the bell qualifier helmet. It’s very comfy. Top air is nice. Make sure you get an adjustable air unit. If it’s really cold at night it will freeze you out. Or hot you want it on full blast. I run the air setup from Kartek. Switch mounted controller so install was a breeze on my rzr View attachment 933342

that’s what I an looking at.... not sure if I need one yet. I have been thinking a fun ride would be from havasu / Parker to glamis north koa spend the night then head back to Hava town

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@ DLC,

Doug, the Cyclone Helmet blower @ Kartek is pretty cool. It is a 2 person blower and the power switch with integrated speed control knob fit into a single standard Contura switch slot and comes standard. It is $389 and uses the cheap Axia style light bar mounts (sold seperately) to mount to your cage so the mounts are cheap. Unless you buy the Axia branded ones that is.

Rugged has a couple new blowers out now along with their original one, but they all use an external speed controller. The PCI one is nice, and has an integrated mount, but the switch/speed control knob is on the body of the blower, and costs another $100 for the remote knob and switch.

The hamster wheel style blowers are available for cheaper as well.

Last edited: