WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

V-10 V Drive?

BMSE

Reaction score
anyone have a V10 powered v-drive or have pictures of one that has been done?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
My guess is probably not, mounting a turbo-400 to an ilmor would require a special bell housing adapter, as would any type of trans, and v-8 chevys are more readily set up to make big hp because of the huge amount of distributed R&D and proven performance and reliability etc etc. That's why nearly everything in the V-Drive world is based around BBC. Readily available intake/exhaust manifolds, heads, rods, cranks, etc. etc. etc.....

Bottom Line: Too much BS to overcome for not enough benefit. ;)

Yellowboat

Reaction score
no but I've seen 2 v8s that were basicly converted to a v16.

If you just happen to have one laying around, it would be bad ass.

BMSE

Reaction score
your right and I assumed that was the reason you dont see them typically done.

I wanted to use an exotic motor, but my experiences on land have persuaded me to stick to something that is a little more reliable. just not sure what combo to use.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
My guess is probably not, mounting a turbo-400 to an ilmor would require a special bell housing adapter, as would any type of trans, and v-8 chevys are more readily set up to make big hp because of the huge amount of distributed R&D and proven performance and reliability etc etc. That's why nearly everything in the V-Drive world is based around BBC. Readily available intake/exhaust manifolds, heads, rods, cranks, etc. etc. etc.....

Bottom Line: Too much BS to overcome for not enough benefit. ;)

An Ilmore 710 should be very do-able w/ a 727 behind it. The I/O crowd have exhaust stuff handled, and as long as 700HP is enough...

It will be more $ than a 700 BBC, but it is very do-able, and would be unique:thumbsup:thumbsup

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Some of the Schiada gyts should have photo's of the injected v-12 Schiada. Think it was at the L.A. boat show in about 1990 or 91. It was a V-12 based off a Chevrolet. It looked great and sounded awsome.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
An Ilmore 710 should be very do-able w/ a 727 behind it. The I/O crowd have exhaust stuff handled, and as long as 700HP is enough...

It will be more $ than a 700 BBC, but it is very do-able, and would be unique:thumbsup:thumbsup
This is what i was thinking,lots of Chrysler V-drives out there. And if 700 isn't enough,there are superchargers,and turbo Vipers out there,that tech should cross over i would think? Do a google search on turbo Viper and see what shows up.:thumbsup

Dave Wettlaufer

Reaction score
I'm guessing that if this guy can do it in a mustang....
mustang_v10_jalopnik.jpg

lebel409

Reaction score
BMSE didn't say anything about a transmission...really not needed.

What I would look at is how much an Ilmor weighs that put out 700HP and how much a BBC weighs that puts out 700HP...then make a choice.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
BMSE didn't say anything about a transmission...really not needed.

What I would look at is how much an Ilmor weighs that put out 700HP and how much a BBC weighs that puts out 700HP...then make a choice.
Advantage Ilmor.:thumbsup