WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

V-Drive Rigging shops who ?

Groper

Reaction score
I going to re-rig a 22' Schiada who can make all the hardware I would need all the way down to a prop wash blast plate.

Either in So. Ca or LHC.

Thanks in advance

Hammer

Reaction score
Prime Marine if your wallet can take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groper

Reaction score
Prime Marine if your wallet can take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha that depends on how much I spend on a Re-Gel :cool:
I checked out d21ent.com and I didn't see anything other than parts, no stringer mounting plates for motors or trans, "Z" channel or motor mounts just parts.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I going to re-rig a 22' Schiada who can make all the hardware I would need all the way down to a prop wash blast plate.

Either in So. Ca or LHC.

Thanks in advance
Mike King is now in Havasu, and perhaps the best there is. Not sure what his wait time is. He and I were the first two employees at Rex Marine back in 1981 when Jack Rex started the company and was doing custom installation work, and over the years he has worked for most of the better companies. I can probably put you in touch with him.

lenmann

Reaction score
Haha that depends on how much I spend on a Re-Gel :cool:
I checked out d21ent.com and I didn't see anything other than parts, no stringer mounting plates for motors or trans, "Z" channel or motor mounts just parts.

Phil at d21 does one off and custom stuff in addition to the line of parts on the website.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Pm o25 on the boards here. He’s got cnc machining equipment and has been making parts for various people. He just did a set of transom blocks and plate pads out of stainless for John Cogan with Concept marine, They came out incredible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Pm o25 on the boards here. He’s got cnc machining equipment and has been making parts for various people. He just did a set of transom blocks and plate pads out of stainless for John Cogan with Concept marine, They came out incredible.

Yes, Matt is good too. I am putting finishing touches on a turbo engine that's going in a 19 foot Schiada he is working on for my customer. He is in Arrowhead, has one of my turbo engines in his 21' Schiada, and has done various custom projects out of stainless, including double wall stainless headers.

Reaction score
You can get the z metal from stan at schiada, considering its a custom extrusion its not too unreasonably priced. He has a few other standard parts. Other than that, alot is custom, with exception of a few things ie; plate pads, eye levers, etc. Even pillow blocks are custom fit the transom radius so transom bar won't bind. Stringers are similar widths but all are slightly different. The rigging really should be "file fit" to the stringers etc. Bedding the strut is critical along with alignment of the rudder and v drive. Making the parts is easy but spending the time to fit it can be the time consuming part. 22's are great boats and look forward to seeing it built. Mc

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Mike King is now in Havasu, and perhaps the best there is. Not sure what his wait time is. He and I were the first two employees at Rex Marine back in 1981 when Jack Rex started the company and was doing custom installation work, and over the years he has worked for most of the better companies. I can probably put you in touch with him.

This. Mike does some incredible work.

Groper

Reaction score
I tried getting his # last week as someone else forwarded my # I'm waiting for a call back to see what his schedule looks like.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Have you talked with Fantasy Rigging, I believe he is in Santa Ana, his Brother just did a virgin mid 60's Kinsvader and it look awesome! i may kill the name here but believe it Mumma.

cofooter

Reaction score
Have you talked with Fantasy Rigging, I believe he is in Santa Ana, his Brother just did a virgin mid 60's Kinsvader and it look awesome! i may kill the name here but believe it Mumma.
He's got a website, Google fantasy rigging

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I tried getting his # last week as someone else forwarded my # I'm waiting for a call back to see what his schedule looks like.
Let me know if that does not happen, and I will call him for you. He did let me give his number out to another friend.

I considered stopping by to see his place today when I was in Havasu picking up a block, but decided against it so I could get back here and get some stuff done.