WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

v-driveboat.com

poncho

Reaction score
anyone else having trouble with the site,i get a message to contact the server?

lebel409

Reaction score
I tried all day..Who broke the V-driveboat.com? Morgan, you bitch!

poncho

Reaction score
cool,didn`t know if it was on my end

FLATMVN

Abnormal Member
Reaction score
If that is AZ Dons site yes there is a issue with the server. I talked to Art and he said Don is out of town. Don't have any Idea when it will be fixed.

500bbc

Reaction score
Snap to it! I'm going through withdrawls.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
who was it that asked me about my old trailer tongue over there? i remmeber it was one of the regulars just can't remember which.

poncho

Reaction score
one good thing about the site being down Art has more time to work on boats and less answering all my stupid questions,LOL

poncho

Reaction score
500bbc,probably been asked this before whats the story behind youre avatar? i`m thinking piss off peta somehow

500bbc

Reaction score
Sushi!

It's a nice Yellowfin Tuna being brain spiked and bled out.:drool

The deck is actually clean for a tuna trip, if we're in a wide open bite on smaller fish the deck is covered in fish and blood runs out the gunnels.

RED DECKS!!!!!

poncho

Reaction score
kinda figured,i am a commercial fisherman on the east coast and the Bering Sea,when we catch bluefin tuna u tie up the tail and bleed em out and call the broker with weight and when you`ll hit the dock,not our target fish but a nice little kicker

poncho

Reaction score
Spent some time in Japan and got a chance to see the seafood markets presentation is everything

GoFastRacer

Nobody
Reaction score
So this is where you guys snuck off to huh, gee thanks for telling me you MOFOS!.. BTW, it has been nice since the board went down, no whiners, no lame questions and worthless crap to take up my valuable time!... Now if you believe this shit I have this real nice country for sale dirt cheap, PM me for details!...:D:D:D

Now for the good news!. Seems like the the server just disappeared poof gone, so Don and Nick are working on getting it back up under their own server, since Nick is in school he can't work on it full time so it may take a little time to get up and running again, but it should be up again shortly and if you guys are nice I may just let you know when it's up again!...:D:D:D

FLATMVN

Abnormal Member
Reaction score
So this is where you guys snuck off to huh, gee thanks for telling me you MOFOS!.. BTW, it has been nice since the board went down, no whiners, no lame questions and worthless crap to take up my valuable time!... Now if you believe this shit I have this real nice country for sale dirt cheap, PM me for details!...:D:D:D

Now for the good news!. Seems like the the server just disappeared poof gone, so Don and Nick are working on getting it back up under their own server, since Nick is in school he can't work on it full time so it may take a little time to get up and running again, but it should be up again shortly and if you guys are nice I may just let you know when it's up again!...:D:D:D

No one sneaked of any where. We just didn't tell you we were slumming over here, didn't want to distract you with frivolous bull$hip and distract you from your duties at Don's.

Besides if we told you everything we knew you would be as smart as us and that could be dangerous. :D

Louis

500bbc

Reaction score
kinda figured,i am a commercial fisherman on the east coast and the Bering Sea,when we catch bluefin tuna u tie up the tail and bleed em out and call the broker with weight and when you`ll hit the dock,not our target fish but a nice little kicker

I'll take BFT over YFT any day.
We get a nice run every year of BFT but the seiners beat them up so bad it's tough to get on a good bite. We see quite a few in the 200 # class (schoolies for you) and sightings of 600# plus fish every once in awhile. We can't land the bigger fish on rod and reel as the 100 fathom curve is right offshore.

The sport boats we fish have refrigerated salt water holds that drop the core temp of the fish rapidly and holds them just above freezing. Serious Sushi grade fish.:drool

500bbc

Reaction score
Art, Did you move yet?
I'm going to be at Echo on the 27th.
Maybe we can get the farmer to get his boat wet too.:D

poncho

Reaction score
last bluefin we caught off of cape cod was 186lb and flawless,came in at the head of the net so no bruising or scarring,that fish paid over $700 and we got to split it among 4 peeps,awesome,btw we were trawling for herring so we were already pulling pretty good coin

Attachments

• google3.jpg
    google3.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 300

500bbc

Reaction score
last bluefin we caught off of cape cod was 186lb and flawless,came in at the head of the net so no bruising or scarring,that fish paid over $700 and we got to split it among 4 peeps,awesome,btw we were trawling for herring so we were already pulling pretty good coin

My hats off to you commercial guys that's a tough ass job.;)

poncho

Reaction score
thank you its not that hard depends on how youre raised,i have done what you do and enjoyed the hell out of it i see myself working the charter deal down the road,whats appealing is not being away from home so damn much,just curious what do you guys do with the y/f and what are youre legal limitations as far as how much you can catch and is it legal to sell any part of youre catch?

GoFastRacer

Nobody
Reaction score
Art, Did you move yet?

Not yet Brad, can't do it till the end of the year when Sandy retires, then it will depend on the real estate crap and what I can get for my house here, hopefully things will turn around a bit I want outa here!... Doubt I can make it on the 27th just too much to do, not to mention this gas crap sucks the big one!..:mad:

FLATMVN

Abnormal Member
Reaction score
Art, Did you move yet?

Well that sounds like fun. My ride is out of commission at the time.
Still need to fix the bolt that came out of the motor plate and the drive line tube.

I have been to busy with home repairs and yard remodeling and working
on someone else's boat that I have neglected mine.

Louis

500bbc

Reaction score
thank you its not that hard depends on how youre raised,i have done what you do and enjoyed the hell out of it i see myself working the charter deal down the road,whats appealing is not being away from home so damn much,just curious what do you guys do with the y/f and what are youre legal limitations as far as how much you can catch and is it legal to sell any part of youre catch?

Not that hard until it gets a little snotty.:D

We eat the YFT, and the Yellowtail and the Albies etc. etc.:drool

Most of the tuna fishing is in mexican waters and it's a five fish a day per angler limit (general rule, it's a little more complicated). US waters no tuna limits.

Not legal to sell any sport caught fish in Cali.

500bbc

Reaction score
Not yet Brad, can't do it till the end of the year when Sandy retires, then it will depend on the real estate crap and what I can get for my house here, hopefully things will turn around a bit I want outa here!... Doubt I can make it on the 27th just too much to do, not to mention this gas crap sucks the big one!..:mad:

I hera that I'm not looking forward to the gas bill myself.:cool:

500bbc

Reaction score
Well that sounds like fun. My ride is out of commission at the time.
Still need to fix the bolt that came out of the motor plate and the drive line tube.

I have been to busy with home repairs and yard remodeling and working
on someone else's boat that I have neglected mine.

Louis

WOW!!! All that work on the boat, do you think you'll have it ready by summer?:lmao:point

Will you be dropping by? I'll buy a couple of banannas and an apple if you'll be there for dinner.:beer

FLATMVN

Abnormal Member
Reaction score
I don't know summer is pushing it I think.:hmm

I might swing up for a bit can I get some tofu and rice cakes to go with
the apples and bananas. :drool

Louis

500bbc

Reaction score
I don't know summer is pushing it I think.:hmm

I might swing up for a bit can I get some tofu and rice cakes to go with
the apples and bananas. :drool

Louis

Bourbon and tofu?:hmm Uhhh sure!:D:beer

FLATMVN

Abnormal Member
Reaction score
Ok guys, AZ Dons is back up and running strong. Hope to see some of you guy's there. As for the rest of you well, I will leave that one alone :D:D:D

Louis

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I know this is old as hell, but I sometimes miss the old forum, I think Don gave up on it. Really I miss all the old content that we posted, like the first restoration of my Hondo