WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

V-drives aren’t only found in boats

welldigger00

Reaction score
My pal 025 asked me to help put together trophy truck this year for the norra 1000, in turn I get a right seat. I will be posting a few pics along the way.
IMG_1376.JPG
IMG_1376.JPG

IMG_1370.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1372.JPG
    IMG_1372.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 323

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Nope. Matt built it himself. It’s very similar to Robbie fukkin Gordon’s truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was going to ask if it was a RG Motorsports chassis, looks very similar yet has some real differences but looks like a well build truck with great x’ing should be a great time.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So you've never seen the episode on Road Kill where they put a v-drive in a wheelie truck?? lol

It broke so many times they ended up using a Trophy Truck V-drive. Everything else broke after that change! :p

Shafts and bearings are very different in the truck drive vs a boat drive. :)

welldigger00

Reaction score
Shafts and bearings are very different in the truck drive vs a boat drive. :)[/it’s a big case casale, but the internals are a little different. Tapered roller bearings, different splines, etc.

Terminal Velocity

Reaction score
I've got two of those drives they're Cast Iron and the bearing caps mid plate all are drilled tapped and fittings installed to run as a dry sump setup.

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
In the past, we've sold Casale V-drives to a number of "wheel stand show cars", and "off road racing vehicles" too .

Very strong and flexible method to transfer power in a different direction .

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not many V drive trucks racing now a days. Not much benefit to running one really. Modern center point J arm trucks are mid engined anyways. Plus more options for mounting spares, tools, fuel tank, etc and less moving parts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Not many V drive trucks racing now a days. Not much benefit to running one really. Modern center point J arm trucks are mid engined anyways. Plus more options for mounting spares, tools, fuel tank, etc and less moving parts.

But hard as hell to work on, and you lose a ton of leg room area in the cockpit. Trying to do anything on the front of the motor on most of these that i've worked on is a nightmare, belts, dampner, external crank trigger, etc, it's completely a shoe horn fit in the front, at least when the motor is in the back it's easier to get to the working end.

The V-drive deal still has positives if executed properly. It also has it's drawbacks as well. Biggest benefit of the V-drive is that you can under-drive the drive shaft and put a rear end gear set that doesn't include a tiny little pinion gear that wears out or breaks super fast, if you've ever seen what a close to 6:1 ratio pinion looks like. Makes the rear end work way better running a higher ratio as there is better gear contact. Lots of guys run under drives after the transmissions now to do just that (back to more moving parts) & it shortening the drive shafts, making steeper and steeper u-joint angles.

Like the old saying goes, no free lunch. :p

Hammer

Reaction score
The team I work for has a mid engine Porter with a V-drive. It just sits in the corner of the shop collecting dust though LOL

Tell them I want to use it for a few hundred miles. [emoji41]

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell them I want to use it for a few hundred miles. [emoji41]

All you have to do is put it back together lol. Actually they just dropped a motor (V10) back in it and are talking about prepping it to sell it.

welldigger00

Reaction score
The team I work for has a mid engine Porter with a V-drive. It just sits in the corner of the shop collecting dust though LOL

Does your porter truck have a big aluminum plate one the side of the frame between the fuel tank and the engine?

welldigger00

Reaction score

Seems like Robbie still is doing well in his, I believe he qualified first for the 1000 last year?

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Does your porter truck have a big aluminum plate one the side of the frame between the fuel tank and the engine?

I'd have to look at it again. I haven't seen it in a while.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Seems like Robbie still is doing well in his, I believe he qualified first for the 1000 last year?

I didn't realize he was still running the V-drives. But on the same token, he's also notorious for not finishing a race.

welldigger00

Reaction score
I didn't realize he was still running the V-drives. But on the same token, he's also notorious for not finishing a race.

That’s not because it’s a vdrive. That’s because that guy runs harder than anyone else all the time. And sometimes a little too hard.

Essexive G's

Reaction score
I worked at a concrete cutting company and we would use Casalle V drives as a PTO to drive high cycle military surplus generators to run concrete cutting equipment. We would run them into the cab with the generator in the cab with the control box mounted on the back wall between the seats. The interiors would only last about 18 months from the heat that the setup produced.

MOUZER

Reaction score
i have a casale z-drive for sale...not a v-drive.....made for tricked out truck race car stuff
00L0L_9ALbQG3XMij_600x450.jpg