WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vaccine: wtf

Spectra18

Reaction score
My psycho VIEW watching Covid loving co worker made staff members get the vaccine. Older co worker with asthma ended up with Covid. Wtf ? Is this the norm for the future. I confronted my boss , wtf yo !?! I just had Covid , so once a little time passes is he gonna want me to get vaccinated? He was corned. Dumb MFer listening to Kamala Harris’ puppet.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
You might point out the liability issues if the vaccine ends up harming people two, five or ten years down the line. Late night TV is full of advertisements for attorneys suing pharmaceutical companies over drugs approved by the FDA and thought to be safe when originally released.

If a company requires the vaccine and it ends up harming people they are seriously fucked.

530RL

Reaction score
You might point out the liability issues if the vaccine ends up harming people two, five or ten years down the line. Late night TV is full of advertisements for attorneys suing pharmaceutical companies over drugs approved by the FDA and thought to be safe when originally released.

If a company requires the vaccine and it ends up harming people they are seriously fucked.

Big government has that covered. :(

In February of 2020, Trump's secretary of H&HS invoked the public readiness and emergency preparedness act which provides immunity for COVID vaccine manufacturers which means for now, the manufacturers can not be sued for the use of these vaccines unless the plaintiff can prove willful misconduct, a very high bar.

The government wanted this done quick, the companies wanted immunity from liability. The deal was cut between big government and big pharma.......

JBS

Reaction score

In February of 2020, Trump's secretary of H&HS invoked the public readiness and emergency preparedness act which provides immunity for COVID vaccine manufacturers which means for now, the manufacturers can not be sued for the use of these vaccines unless the plaintiff can prove willful misconduct, a very high bar.

The government wanted this done quick, the companies wanted immunity from liability. The deal was cut between big government and big pharma.......

But would that immunity transfer to an employer that required the vaccine?

530RL

Reaction score

The employer didn't manufacture the vaccine.

I suspect it would be a workman's comp claim, not a product liability claim.

The employer had a good faith basis to rely on the FDA and the drug manufacturer that it was a safe product. An employer is not responsible if GM makes a defective delivery vehicle other than for the claims of workman's comp.

Once the Trump administration granted immunity, big pharma is pretty protected by their back door deal. Not exactly free markets and responsibility.

Spectra18

Reaction score
People are fuckin dumb. My wife’s company decided today no microwaves, refrigerator, or coffee pots. Then they wonder why people are raiding the capital.

CLdrinker

Reaction score

I will be using this to argue why I do t trust the vaccine. The manufacturer don’t even trust it!!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Dem Congressman Catches COVID After Receiving 2nd Dose Of Vaccine

THURSDAY, JAN 14, 2021 - 11:35
As it turns out, Republicans aren't the only politicians capable of getting COVID.

Offering the latest reminder that the COVID-19 vaccine isn't 100% effective at stopping people from getting the virus, Democratic Representative Adriano Espaillat of New York announced that he had tested positive even after receiving the second dose of a vaccine. He's now isolating at home.
"I received the second dose of the #COVID19vaccine last week and understand the affects take time," Espaillat said on Twitter Thursday, without identifying which vaccine he got. "I have continued to be tested regularly, wear my mask and follow the recommended guidelines."

Despite all those warnings about a long, dark winter, COVID-linked hospitalizations might have declined over the past month.

The news comes as the CEO Moderna, the maker of one of one of the mRNA COVID vaccines, warned Wednesday that the coronavirus will be around "forever" - despite all that talk about the vaccine bringing back a sense of normalcy to the world.

And Moderna CEO Stephane Bancel isn't the only official and infectious disease expert to have discussed the high likelihood that COVID-19 will become an endemic disease, meaning it will become present in communities at all times, though likely at much lower levels than it is now.
"We are going to live with this virus, we think, forever,” he said during a panel discussion at the JPMorgan Healthcare Conference.
As researchers in Ohio discover new mutant strains that likely evolved in the US, the long-term efficacy of vaccines, and the virus's ability to adapt and become more transmissible, or even more deadly, still aren't well understood.

"vaccine"

LMAO 70's show .gif

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
No employer today can mandate that its employees must receive the vaccine as it is currently only released on Emergency basis by the FDA as they bypassed Stage 1 & 2 Testing. Now once it's fully tested & approved it will be Game On. I doubt my employer will require it as a term of employment, but if they do I will either start my own business or cash out and go fishing, lol. No way I'm jamming that venom in my veins!!!

traquer

Reaction score
The news comes as the CEO Moderna, the maker of one of one of the mRNA COVID vaccines, warned Wednesday that the coronavirus will be around "forever" - despite all that talk about the vaccine bringing back a sense of normalcy to the world.

The Hong Kong flu is still around.. And it killed a few million people around the world. Woodstock still happened though. We weren't a bunch of pussies back then though

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The employer didn't manufacture the vaccine.

I suspect it would be a workman's comp claim, not a product liability claim.

The employer had a good faith basis to rely on the FDA and the drug manufacturer that it was a safe product. An employer is not responsible if GM makes a defective delivery vehicle other than for the claims of workman's comp.

Once the Trump administration granted immunity, big pharma is pretty protected by their back door deal. Not exactly free markets and responsibility.

Apples and oranges
The liability lies with employer to mandate it
No company in Ca. Has mandated a vaccine to work

Anyone post up a name of any company that has

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I will be using this to argue why I do t trust the vaccine. The manufacturer don’t even trust it!!!
First
I give two shits who gets a shot

The govt. threw down the pressure to get the vaccine out
What Co. wouldn’t want protection for being pressured to speed up production?

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Personally I will not get the vaccine and neither will my children. My wife will also not be getting the vaccine and if her employer attempts to make it mandatory they will hear from our lawyer.

I say to each their own. If you want to get the vaccine, by all means get it. But to inject an unproven substance into your body that the government says is okay is a pretty big gamble. Do any of you actually trust todays government? Do you trust a government that told our vets that Agent Orange was okay? How are products like Round Up working out over the long term? How about the acid reducer Zantec? The list goes on and on. And lets not forget that the vaccine is not a cure. It reduces your symptoms when you contract the virus. That of course is if you are even a person that could be symptomatic. It does not prevent you from getting the virus, nor does it prevent you from passing the virus to another person. So why inject an unproven substance into your body to reduce symptoms from a virus that has two tenths of one percent mortality rate?

CLdrinker

Reaction score
First
I give two shits who gets a shot

The govt. threw down the pressure to get the vaccine out
What Co. wouldn’t want protection for being pressured to speed up production?
So you agree that they have no confidence in their vaccine because production was rushed?

im sorry but my way of thinking is if a company needs that kind of protection because they are not confident, I need protection as well.

My protection is not taking it. It’s a risk vs reward thing for me.

Without the shot im fine. With the shot who knows lol. The manufacturer doesn’t know or they wouldn’t be concerned about needing lawsuit protection.

I think like an American. I should have freedom to choose as long as I have that I couldn’t give 2 shits what others choose.

To each their own.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
In Ca., the land of litigation, the vaccine /not vaccine is headed the way of the flu vaccine in hospitals/health care
Most ,(minus some small health care companies), require staff to wear masks while working if they refuse to get the flu vaccine. Been that way for years.
Forcing a vaccine is too hard a battle. Requiring PPE if one chooses to not get a vaccine: much easier for a private company to put in place.

Some interesting lawsuits ahead either way, one will hit the Supreme Court, just a wager on what time frame.

Removing food prep and refrigerators?

That was in response to so many cases of virus passage via people eating, talking during breaks/ lunches.
That will ease off with the cases going down.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So you agree that they have no confidence in their vaccine because production was rushed?

im sorry but my way of thinking is if a company needs that kind of protection because they are not confident, I need protection as well.

My protection is not taking it. It’s a risk vs reward thing for me.

Without the shot im fine. With the shot who knows lol. The manufacturer doesn’t know or they wouldn’t be concerned about needing lawsuit protection.

I think like an American. I should have freedom to choose as long as I have that I couldn’t give 2 shits what others choose.

To each their own.
It has 0 to do with confidence, it has everything to do with risk management/liability/ litigation

Take ANY private company, say, the former company chenowth off road car company.
Chenowth made a light duty assault vehicle (dual sport car), and entered it to bid on a govt contract.
0 pressure for production, they came to the table with parts they trusted, had experience with.
Any SEAL team operator in the 80’s rode in them at some point, most loved them.

Now, flash forward to today. Same company gets approached by govt. and gets pressured to put in production a new car with unproven testing on a part (suspension, drive , etc.)

In the modern world of litigation, that company is going to want some protection since their testing time frame was condensed.

Same for any other product in this scenario.

Take out the fear factor of the virus and look at the product, source of pressure bu government.

The falling positive rates (over 80% in LA county first responders), will squash the whole debate anyways.
The argument of vaccine/no vaccine (directed by employer), is headed the way of the flu shot debate, which is PPE protocols, not mandated vaccinations.
Fellow Bomb Tech used one when he wss in the Teams, loved the .50 cal on it.
565A7350-2FF8-4B17-B752-DB6D17C8F97D.jpeg

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
It has 0 to do with confidence, it has everything to do with risk management/liability/ litigation

Take ANY private company, say, the former company chenowth off road car company.
Chenowth made a light duty assault vehicle (dual sport car), and entered it to bid on a govt contract.
0 pressure for production, they came to the table with parts they trusted, had experience with.
Any SEAL team operator in the 80’s rode in them at some point, most loved them.

Now, flash forward to today. Same company gets approached by govt. and gets pressured to put in production a new car with unproven testing on a part (suspension, drive , etc.)

In the modern world of litigation, that company is going to want some protection since their testing time frame was condensed.

Same for any other product in this scenario.

Take out the fear factor of the virus and look at the product, source of pressure bu government.

The falling positive rates (over 80% in LA county first responders), will squash the whole debate anyways.
The argument of vaccine/no vaccine (directed by employer), is headed the way of the flu shot debate, which is PPE protocols, not mandated vaccinations.

i understand a CYA standpoint of the business. It’s my understanding that many people lack the confidence in a rushed vaccine not to mention a vaccine that has a free pass on litigation.
If thst free pass didn’t exist more people would be willing to get the shot. Which in turn would “supposedly” lower the infection rate.

This may be interesting to some. My employer has stated that legally they can make the vaccine a condition of employment as long as they make exceptions for religion. They did say that making it a requirement is something they be ant to avoid.

My wife’s employer has said in no way will the vaccine be a condition of employment and legally they can’t.

Both very large companies with HR and lawyers that have different views.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
My psycho VIEW watching Covid loving co worker made staff members get the vaccine. Older co worker with asthma ended up with Covid. Wtf ? Is this the norm for the future. I confronted my boss , wtf yo !?! I just had Covid , so once a little time passes is he gonna want me to get vaccinated? He was corned. Dumb MFer listening to Kamala Harris’ puppet.

There is mounting evidence that if you had covid previously and get the vaccine then you get some pretty harsh side effects for a few days. Friends told me it was bad flu symptoms for several days after the shot. People that have not had covid are saying the same thing after the second Pfizer dose.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
i understand a CYA standpoint of the business. It’s my understanding that many people lack the confidence in a rushed vaccine not to mention a vaccine that has a free pass on litigation.
If thst free pass didn’t exist more people would be willing to get the shot. Which in turn would “supposedly” lower the infection rate.

This may be interesting to some. My employer has stated that legally they can make the vaccine a condition of employment as long as they make exceptions for religion. They did say that making it a requirement is something they be ant to avoid.

My wife’s employer has said in no way will the vaccine be a condition of employment and legally they can’t.

Both very large companies with HR and lawyers that have different views.
Your employer better get some better attorneys.

at the end of the day it’s going to be a mute point it’s going the way of a flu vaccine which is PPE may be required but no way no how can you can force a vaccine as a condition of employment the numbers will show it doesn’t hold water (term for employment)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I think the real section of unchartered territory will be how medical insurance companies handle vaccinated versus non-vaccinated in private company insurance plans
somewhere , somehow someone may try to make it like smoking as a co-morbidity activity that would raise one’s insurance costs .

who knows ,uncharted territory and lots of lawsuits if that gets proposed

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
I think the real section of unchartered territory will be how medical insurance companies handle vaccinated versus non-vaccinated in private company insurance plans
somewhere , somehow someone may try to make it like smoking as a co-morbidity activity that would raise one’s insurance costs .

Mehhhh... I think they would have already done that with the Flu that used to be the big deal every year for as long as I can remember.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Mehhhh... I think they would have already done that with the Flu that used to be the big deal every year for as long as I can remember.
As long as the rates keep going down I would agree
Wife and I joke about if this would’ve been ebola, people would’ve been fighting to get this vaccine LOL

JD D05

Reaction score

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Rye

Reaction score
Not the subject of this thread but Tennessee expects vaccine supply to exceed demand by end of March.

Tom Slick

Reaction score
Not the subject of this thread but Tennessee expects vaccine supply to exceed demand by end of March.
I'm starting to hear that is the case in many places. Seems that the first responders and older groups that wanted it have gotten it and now the demand has dwindled. It will be interesting to see what narrative they come up with to try and convince folks to get it.

fast99

Reaction score
People that have not had covid are saying the same thing after the second Pfizer dose.
I know about a dozen who received the Moderna vaccine. Only one had any side effects and they were minimal.

None were diagnosed with covid but a few had the head ache, fever symptoms and weren't checked.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I know about a dozen who received the Moderna vaccine. Only one had any side effects and they were minimal.

None were diagnosed with covid but a few had the head ache, fever symptoms and weren't checked.

My friend had covid and got the shot recently. Sick as a dog for 2 days after.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
All vaccine mfgs have already been basically immune from lawsuits and liability damages for decades, it started with a law signed by Reagan in the 80s.

This isn't explicit only to covid "bEcAuSe Trump"

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

YumaRivernaut

How Far Off Was I?
Reaction score

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

What about the lawsuits for the side effects of this vaccine? Like the ones in 10 years

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What about the lawsuits for the side effects of this vaccine? Like the ones in 10 years

Well,
Flu
Anthrax
Shingles
HPV
MMR
Hep C
Testosterone
Steroids

Haven’t seen the big pay outs on these lawsuits of vaccines, supplements , all over a decade old or more, but time will tell.

Last edited:

wzuber

Reaction score
I'm starting to hear that is the case in many places. Seems that the first responders and older groups that wanted it have gotten it and now the demand has dwindled. It will be interesting to see what narrative they come up with to try and convince folks to get it.
they already have it, the B.S. commercials saying "don't kill grandma" and other ........b.s. Fucking ridiculous propaganda is infuriating.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Well,
Flu
Anthrax
Shingles
HPV
MMR
Hep C
Testosterone
Steroids

Haven’t seen the big pay outs on these lawsuits of vaccines, supplements , all over a decade old or more, but time will tell.
True. But atleast they were tested and we now know most of the long term side effects. Knowing that, you can make an informed decision on them.