Votes: 160 65.8%

• Total voters

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Like I’ve mentioned before.
Like in Vegas:
House advantage in Craps is 1.5%.

Everyone at the dice table gets their ass kicked for hours and hours.
Its an astronomical advantage.
Get vaccinated.

Word is the West Euro, UK and Northern LA County mutating strains are covered by the Pfizer version.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
He called his union brothers who didn’t get the vaccine slugs and cowards is the way I read it.
Unless they were bomb squad or swat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wrong
I explained it
You just have to respond to my posts even knowing we don’t get along.
And remember how you posted Cops on your street don’t get involved in stuff?
Look in the mirror for your answer.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Remember...LA cops are paid 5x infantry wartime Marines. Let’s slow down on the hero talk please. It’s getting silly.
The hero I’m referring to is a former SEAL.
Not referring to anyone else, thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
One of my main pet peeves s is nurses that refuse to take the flu vaccine then walk around hospitals and ICU’s with a mask on their chin. 😡
I’ve called out several over the years.
Mrs. LR2 goes at them when both barrels.
That’s the equivalent of me walking around on duty with my 1911 safety off 🙄

I've never gotten the flu shot and have never worn a mask and I have worked in several hospitals over the years. You get upset that someone refuses to get injected with a chemical concoction that historically has only about a 30 to 40% accuracy rate? And even then, how effective against the particular strains covered under the vaccine vary.

Didn't realize you had to inject chemicals into your body to carry a 1911. I can totally see the parallels.

Oh, and btw.... before all this COVID bullshit, there were many studies that showed masks in the OR or other medical procedures had a net zero change to the risk of infection to the patient.

stoker2001

Reaction score
got the 2nd dosage Maderna vaccine yesterday,mostly to make the wife keep from nagging as I work in a prison..arm is sore today and a few body aches that seem abnormal

Dettom

Reaction score
i already had the virus..
if the vaccine truly works then let those that truly need it get it. i will make the decision later as to whether i need it or not. im not against vaccines.. i just dont feel like its been vetted yet.
This^^

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I've never gotten the flu shot and have never worn a mask and I have worked in several hospitals over the years. You get upset that someone refuses to get injected with a chemical concoction that historically has only about a 30 to 40% accuracy rate? And even then, how effective against the particular strains covered under the vaccine vary.

Didn't realize you had to inject chemicals into your body to carry a 1911. I can totally see the parallels.

Oh, and btw.... before all this COVID bullshit, there were many studies that showed masks in the OR or other medical procedures had a net zero change to the risk of infection to the patient.
Frankly, all pros or cons, it’s PROTOCOL, PERIOD.
Pretty sure you follow the mandates of your job just like I do.
We (most) don’t get to choose which rules we follow.
Honestly why work health care if one is against the protocols in the first place? No one forced them to apply.

Feel free to tell me which hospitals don’t mandate RN’s that work with patients are not required to wear masks if they refuse to get the flu vaccine? This should be enlightening.

nowski

Reaction score
I'm in T-4. Out of the roughly 80 people I work with, approximately 8 people have tested pos. I'm only talking about my Airline. All of them (that I know of) wear masks religiously. There's a handful of people who don't wear the masks and they haven't gotten sick. Kinda makes you wonder...

T4 ? I'll be there over the weekend wearing my mandated mask, some rules you have no choice but to follow if you want to get up into the friendly skies...

Last time I saw you (at Parasise) nobody was wearing a mask and I made through it un-scathed...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'm in T-4. Out of the roughly 80 people I work with, approximately 8 people have tested pos. I'm only talking about my Airline. All of them (that I know of) wear masks religiously. There's a handful of people who don't wear the masks and they haven't gotten sick. Kinda makes you wonder...
We were passed on the number of 150 out of T4 , but from ticket agents to handlers to janitors (airline and LAWA employees)
Enough for me to steer clear unless called there lol.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
We were passed on the number of 150 out of T4 , but from ticket agents to handlers to janitors (airline and LAWA employees)
Enough for me to steer clear unless called there lol.

You're that scared? Are you in the high risk category?

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many people base their decision on what someone in their family that is a "nurse" said.....most nurses are not doctors, most nurses get their degree at community college or trade school, my ex is the head nurse (RN) in her unit and shes the same woman that didn't know how to get out of her locked car when the battery died...lol

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Frankly, all pros or cons, it’s PROTOCOL, PERIOD.
Pretty sure you follow the mandates of your job just like I do.
We (most) don’t get to choose which rules we follow.
Honestly why work health care if one is against the protocols in the first place? No one forced them to apply.

Feel free to tell me which hospitals don’t mandate RN’s that work with patients are not required to wear masks if they refuse to get the flu vaccine? This should be enlightening.
Not talking about which facilities allow what etc. Mostly just pointing out your arrogance as you look down upon people that aren't following a rule based on information that has proven to be ineffective at best.

I have the upmost respect and appreciation for what you do for a living and the perspective you bring to law enforcement and legal issues, but the way you express your opinion of others that do not share your views can be disturbing.

BTW, you do know even if you get the vaccine, you can still contract the virus and would still be out until it is clear of your system right? So maybe those that are NOT getting the vaccine that you work with realize that and realize there isnt much benefit in that regard to getting it? Maybe some of those other officers have sever allergies who have been advised by the vaccine manufacturers NOT to take it since it hasnt been tested to see how it reacts in people with allergies?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Not talking about which facilities allow what etc. Mostly just pointing out your arrogance as you look down upon people that aren't following a rule based on information that has proven to be ineffective at best.

I have the upmost respect and appreciation for what you do for a living and the perspective you bring to law enforcement and legal issues, but the way you express your opinion of others that do not share your views can be disturbing.

BTW, you do know even if you get the vaccine, you can still contract the virus and would still be out until it is clear of your system right? So maybe those that are NOT getting the vaccine that you work with realize that and realize there isnt much benefit in that regard to getting it? Maybe some of those other officers have sever allergies who have been advised by the vaccine manufacturers NOT to take it since it hasnt been tested to see how it reacts in people with allergies?

Two separate issues :
You can’t “blow off” protocols (flu vaccine/mask wearing )
That’s base Standard Operating Procedures
Short of exigent circumstances, you follow the protocols. Dropping a mask on your chin around patients on a floor that have compromised issues YOU just described Officers possibly having proves the point even more so.

Now the other issue :
100% of the people I work with (for the third time posted) got vaccinated
None of the 26 Techs and only 2 of 60 D Team got the virus .
Why?
Protocols and being held to them at a level higher than other units.
That’s arrogance?
I say that’s common sense and due diligence, mileage may vary , lol.

Taboma

Reaction score
I don't understand how so many people base their decision on what someone in their family that is a "nurse" said.....most nurses are not doctors, most nurses get their degree at community college or trade school, my ex is the head nurse (RN) in her unit and shes the same woman that didn't know how to get out of her locked car when the battery died...lol

The nurses I dated back in the day are why I suffer "White Coat Syndrome" even now, 40+ years later. :eek: 😂

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Two separate issues :
You can’t “blow off” protocols (flu vaccine/mask wearing )
That’s base Standard Operating Procedures
Short of exigent circumstances, you follow the protocols. Dropping a mask on your chin around patients on a floor that have compromised issues YOU just described Officers possibly having proves the point even more so.

Now the other issue :
100% of the people I work with (for the third time posted) got vaccinated
None of the 26 Techs and only 2 of 60 D Team got the virus .
Why?
Protocols and being held to them at a level higher than other units.
That’s arrogance?
I say that’s common sense and due diligence, mileage may vary , lol.

Man, you really need to read my posts better. I was referring the the "turd" officers who didn't get the vaccine that you think they didn't get it cause they just want the time off. Obviously wasn't referring to your unit or who you work with then.

My point is.... you have ZERO FUCKING CLUE why someone hasn't gotten whatever shot so don't judge them and assume they are "turds" as you like to call them just because they do not do what you think they should do. MNy times there are extenuating circumstances that delay or exclude protocol.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Man, you really need to read my posts better. I was referring the the "turd" officers who didn't get the vaccine that you think they didn't get it cause they just want the time off. Obviously wasn't referring to your unit or who you work with then.

My point is.... you have ZERO FUCKING CLUE why someone hasn't gotten whatever shot so don't judge them and assume they are "turds" as you like to call them just because they do not do what you think they should do. MNy times there are extenuating circumstances that delay or exclude protocol.

Actually I call them slugs
28 years, I’ve seen it first hand and also know enough guys in different divisions telling first hand
People getting tested every three days and filing exposure reports to go off to get off.
So, I’ll just say you have no clue what I’ve seen and take my posts as pure lies if you want to.
No reason to post bullshit but if thats what you think I post, Ignore button is right there .

nowski

Reaction score
My mom was an RN and she lived through the Spanish Flu put that into perspective. Side Note: My dad also survived the Spanish Flu but sadly my grandfather didn't...

Taboma

Reaction score
I get it.

I once met a lady in a bar and she said she was a "Head Nurse", so I asked her out.

I clearly misunderstood............. :eek::eek::eek:

Just before this whole Rona thing kicked off, I experienced the joy of a cystoscopy 😖
But, the beautiful young lady who handled my equipment made an otherwise extremely unpleasant experience embarrassingly, well, tolerable. 🥴 🤭
The return appointment was however rather awkward, maybe it was the flowers ??? 🤗 🥰 😂

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Mohave County is currently vaccinating only those 75+. That includes every single out of state 75+ Snowbird who is here right now and wants the vaccine. Since vaccine supply is based on the county's population, the amounts provided do not take into account those Snowbirds. This is going to take a while.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Newsom just created a new Covid team to get his Covid Tzar elite billionaire Marxist Tom Steyer off the hook.
Amazing how Steyer has ducked any bad publicity and their has been plenty of bad publicity.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Actually I call them slugs
28 years, I’ve seen it first hand and also know enough guys in different divisions telling first hand
People getting tested every three days and filing exposure reports to go off to get off.
So, I’ll just say you have no clue what I’ve seen and take my posts as pure lies if you want to.
No reason to post bullshit but if thats what you think I post, Ignore button is right there .
I don't think you post bullshit. I think you take your personal experiences and cast that net on far too broad amount of the population. I'm not saying what you have observed and have been informed of what has been happening in your department ISNT happening, I'm saying that isn't the ONLY reason people aren't getting the vaccine like you state. I say this because my wife and 2 of my daughters have severe/complex allergies that prohibit them from getting the vaccine even if they wanted to.

stingray11

Reaction score
One of my main pet peeves s is nurses that refuse to take the flu vaccine then walk around hospitals and ICU’s with a mask on their chin. 😡
I’ve called out several over the years.
Mrs. LR2 goes at them when both barrels.
That’s the equivalent of me walking around on duty with my 1911 safety off 🙄

The so called Vaccine Does not prevent you from getting the virus or spreading the virus so it makes no damn difference if you get the shot. It only supposedly helps you fight it off if you get it.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
The so called Vaccine Does not prevent you from getting the virus or spreading the virus so it makes no damn difference if you get the shot. It only supposedly helps you fight it off if you get it.
Tell me that when we have a bombing campaign
Or multiple active shooters genious.
So a good FUCKING chance I don’t get it or, I get it and I’m back to work in 5 days vs 1-4 weeks

Fun FUCKING FACT for you:

8 LAPD Cops in Hospitals with this crap, 3 are in ICU , one circling the drain.
We have 4 sworn dead already

I pretty much don’t give a rat’s ass what you do if you aren’t a reinforcement for my mission.

Go live in peaceful bubbles and throw stones at that chose to answer the call

Geezus the haters in here

Go do whatever you want

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don't think you post bullshit. I think you take your personal experiences and cast that net on far too broad amount of the population. I'm not saying what you have observed and have been informed of what has been happening in your department ISNT happening, I'm saying that isn't the ONLY reason people aren't getting the vaccine like you state. I say this because my wife and 2 of my daughters have severe/complex allergies that prohibit them from getting the vaccine even if they wanted to.

You can’t do our job with the issues you described
Again
Apples and oranges , not even in the same universe of relevance in terms of professions.

MoreyMcC

Reaction score
I sleep really good at night knowing I have the shot. I will take the 95% chance that it will save my life, over no chance. Any day!! Scientists say to take it.So I did With no side effects! So if I do contract the virus my immune system won’t have to work so hard to keep me healthy. What the fuck is wrong with that. Cheap Insurance! that I will make it to Desert Storm April 2021. The odds are against all you Naysayers. At least one of you won’t make it to Desert Storm, You will be missed.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You can’t do our job with the issues you described
Again
Apples and oranges , not even in the same universe of relevance in terms of professions.
Really? So you can't be a cop with food alergies? I know for a fact that isn't true. And once again, you can ONLY see what I say through your very narrow vision. There are many different reasons for a person NOT to get a vaccine, not just being a slug like the ones you know of.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I sleep really good at night knowing I have the shot. I will take the 95% chance that it will save my life, over no chance. Any day!! Scientists say to take it.So I did With no side effects! So if I do contract the virus my immune system won’t have to work so hard to keep me healthy. What the fuck is wrong with that. Cheap Insurance! that I will make it to Desert Storm April 2021. The odds are against all you Naysayers. At least one of you won’t make it to Desert Storm, You will be missed.
Good for you 👍🏻

LB247XS

Reaction score
NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Really? So you can't be a cop with food alergies? I know for a fact that isn't true. And once again, you can ONLY see what I say through your very narrow vision. There are many different reasons for a person NOT to get a vaccine, not just being a slug like the ones you know of.

Not in our shop
Can’t wear A WMD suit, get exposed to stuff and have a reaction.
I only speak for my shop, always have.
You sound like you just want to win some argument. Have fun with that .
I talk about my place of business , unless you have some one first hand that works in my city and wants to tell me otherwise
, again , you don’t know my shop and your points are irrelevant because it’s not my shop.
You sound like a Democrat championing a small segment of the population, not my issue or my problem.

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
I did
To each their own.
If you go to a Kaiser clinic from Kern to the border, Mrs. LR2 is in charge of it.
I’ve seen enough to make my decision and my squad has a mission to keep running as there is no one else to do what we do.
100% of us are vaccinated along with SWAT.
We signed up to perform, knew the risks

To each their own
@Sharp Shooter just stay away from Terminal 4, heard over 150 working there caught it lol

That said
Keep your hands off your face and stay 6’ or mask on around people you don’t live with if talking to over 15 minutes and you have 100% chance of not catching it

All the first responders that cry they got it at work:

Yeah, from doing the above with mask off , up close, talking with their co workers , not from the patients or the public

Pretty fucking easy to avoid it.
ok, but stuff doesn’t make sense.

You said a 100% chance of not getting it if you wear a mask? Yet how is it the CDC admitted 85% of Covid positives said they wore masks? That would seem to be at odds with your statement.

The math does not work, doubtful the vaccine works since the same people that said to take it also say you STILL have to wear a mask after taking the vaccine. It’s a virus, and vaccines flat out don’t work very well against virus. But somehow this one that was created in record time is the miracle vaccine? Sorry, not buying it.

None of this stuff makes sense, and I don’t mean to rain on your parade, but for me and my family, we’ll take a pass on vaccines, masks and shutdowns. We stay home if sick, and are staying away from people that exhibit symptoms.

We’ll all die one day, but 99.9% chance it won’t be from this.

Smooth Mvr

Reaction score
Just curious where everybody stands.
1) I don't trust the hurried vaccine and how can they guarantee that it lasts up to a year if the virus itself hasn't been around that long( is this just some number pulled out of their asses to make us feel btr about it?) 2) The flu vaccine has been around a hell of a lot longer and people still die from the flu. I don't want it!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not in our shop
Can’t wear A WMD suit, get exposed to stuff and have a reaction.
I only speak for my shop, always have.
You sound like you just want to win some argument. Have fun with that .
I talk about my place of business , unless you have some one first hand that works in my city and wants to tell me otherwise
, again , you don’t know my shop and your points are irrelevant because it’s not my shop.
You sound like a Democrat championing a small segment of the population, not my issue or my problem.

My points were directly relevant to your original posts where you were calling everybody that didn't get the vaccine in your department "slugs". Now you're backpedalling to only knowing and talking about your shop. My entire, and only intent was to point out to you how you think of others and how arrogant and ill-informed it is.

Do not EVER compare me to a fucking left leaning, want everything for nothing, lazy piece of shit.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
Not ready to take it yet. Waiting to see what side effects people might get after getting the shot months down the road

LowRiver2

Reaction score
My points were directly relevant to your original posts where you were calling everybody that didn't get the vaccine in your department "slugs". Now you're backpedalling to only knowing and talking about your shop. My entire, and only intent was to point out to you how you think of others and how arrogant and ill-informed it is.

Do not EVER compare me to a fucking left leaning, want everything for nothing, lazy piece of shit.

Then stop running champion for a tiny group of people that don’t even exist in my dept.

And NO
I stand by my statement
SLUGS/ Cowards exist in my department, it s fact I’ve seen and had confirmed by my peers

who are you to know otherwise?

Didn’t think so.
Why you want to drag this out is beyond me , but hey, I don’t back track from Shit, proven plenty of times.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Then stop running champion for a tiny group of people that don’t even exist in my dept.

And NO
I stand by my statement
SLUGS/ Cowards exist in my department, it s fact I’ve seen and had confirmed by my peers

who are you to know otherwise?

Didn’t think so.
Why you want to drag this out is beyond me , but hey, I don’t back track from Shit, proven plenty of times.

I'm not championing shit. You REALLY need to work on your reading comprehension. I am not "championing" for anybody. I've just been pointing out things you can't see outside your bomb suit. Things that my family and I live with day in and day out. Things that countless others do as well. And then you come out and call others (you didn't specify your department when you called those officers "slugs") that don't get the vaccine slugs. Well SOME of those others are people like my wife and kids

Before you go around calling people that don't follow YOUR idea slugs, think about those like my wife and kids that CAN'T conform to your ideas.

Also, I never said there weren't slugs or crap people in your department, there are slugs and such everywhere. They are not exclusive to LAPD, they just have more protections as employees somewhere like the PD.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Tell me that when we have a bombing campaign
Or multiple active shooters genious.
So a good FUCKING chance I don’t get it or, I get it and I’m back to work in 5 days vs 1-4 weeks

Fun FUCKING FACT for you:

8 LAPD Cops in Hospitals with this crap, 3 are in ICU , one circling the drain.
We have 4 sworn dead already

I pretty much don’t give a rat’s ass what you do if you aren’t a reinforcement for my mission.

Go live in peaceful bubbles and throw stones at that chose to answer the call

Geezus the haters in here

Go do whatever you want
Any loss of life is terrible, but that sounds like a non-issue. Doesn’t the LAPD have thousands of cops, with multiple contacts per day? And 4 deaths over the past year with the vaccine coming out a month ago? Maybe I’m misunderstanding.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I'm not championing shit. You REALLY need to work on your reading comprehension. I am not "championing" for anybody. I've just been pointing out things you can't see outside your bomb suit. Things that my family and I live with day in and day out. Things that countless others do as well. And then you come out and call others (you didn't specify your department when you called those officers "slugs") that don't get the vaccine slugs. Well SOME of those others are people like my wife and kids

Before you go around calling people that don't follow YOUR idea slugs, think about those like my wife and kids that CAN'T conform to your ideas.

Also, I never said there weren't slugs or crap people in your department, there are slugs and such everywhere. They are not exclusive to LAPD, they just have more protections as employees somewhere like the PD.

Refresh my memory what is your profession?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Refresh my memory what is your profession?
What dies my profession have ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about?

This doesn't have mush if anything to do about ones job, it's about the person themselves.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I hope all you 30-40-50 year olds know damn well you healthy,no heart disease you do not know about.Many of us sometimes do not realize we are walking heart attacks or a heart attack waitin to happen.I can understand the
Alergy / Vaccine situation.Not sure about not wanting a simple shot.Apparently many of you not in the military.Boot camp you walked a gauntlet of interns jabbing each arm.Called it the Flying 7.Shit was running down your arm.Intern explained you got plenty. :)

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
You WILL submit to your rectal swab.
You WILL eat the bugs
You WILL wear 4 masks.
You WILL live in pods
You WILL own nothing
and you WILL be happy.

39A1E333-5B91-4675-91BE-852B07D87142.jpeg

Andy B.

Reaction score
You WILL submit to your rectal swab.
You WILL eat the bugs
You WILL wear 4 masks.
You WILL live in pods
You WILL own nothing
and you WILL be happy.

View attachment 967320
Must be liberal doctors why not just make one that works?? Maybe that's their way of creating jobs fucking idiots!!!!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
What dies my profession have ANYTHING to do with what we are talking about?

This doesn't have mush if anything to do about ones job, it's about the person themselves.

Let me make this clear:
I’ve been on this site since roughly 08, on HB since at least 02’. Anytime I post about my work, it’s based on my experiences. If I post about someone else’s work, pretty sure I’ve stated as much.
You want to place your perogotive/narrative on my description of my work. I thought you had been an inmate long enough to realize that but apparently not.
Now, pushing your agenda , point of contention on my work experience is pretty “Karen” like.
I asked your profession (category), nothing more specific. Your refusal to answer leads me to wager you have 0 experience in my field, definitely no experience in my department.
I’m an asshole, I’ll never deny that, but I’m also pretty upfront on what I do. You can throw peanuts from the bleachers as to what I do but I find it ironic you won’t even be upfront with what you do. Pretty much proves my policy of not debating with people that can’t be upfront with who they are.
I stand by my posts, at least everyone reading them knows exactly who I am (asshole included).

I’m done with this particular debate with you, feel free to ankle bite.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Any loss of life is terrible, but that sounds like a non-issue. Doesn’t the LAPD have thousands of cops, with multiple contacts per day? And 4 deaths over the past year with the vaccine coming out a month ago? Maybe I’m misunderstanding.
While all loss of life is terrible, the fact we have 465 sworn out of work due to either exposure or positive tests directly impacts daily deployment.
Let’s say we are at 9500 sworn (150+ retired this month, academy has closed, about 40 recruits will graduate around April). Also deduct 400-600 any given month out on long term disability (shoulder/knee replacements-usually 4-9 months), and Paternal leave (20-40 usually 1-4 months). We have another 20-30+ out at any given time to Cancer (chemo/therapy-out 6-24 months)
You take the total number sworn, cut that in half subtracting detectives, supervisors , command, then subtract compressed work schedules (3/12,4/10) and then the 465 out (anywhere from 5-120 days), and you end up with very limited patrol numbers spread throughout 21 Ststions.

Now, if what is happening with LA CO FD is true (decline in positive cases amongst them after vaccinations), then the program is a success.
Time will tell.
I’m coming at it from a mission/deployment success, not the lethality of the virus.
It could be considered a side bar debate, but not to those with an emergency that need a response now and May or may not have it in time if cases /exposures go up.

Last edited:

TGIBFTGOG

Reaction score
I am a no.

I heard from a medical doctor acquaintance (9 months ago) that the key issue with the RNA based vaccine is that those who have had the shot can have severe adverse impact from any new (mutated or developed) strains.

This just came out and supports what he told me:

Sounds like a good way to thin the population. Gee I wonder who would want that?

Reaction score
While all loss of life is terrible, the fact we have 465 sworn out of work due to either exposure or positive tests directly impacts daily deployment.
Let’s say we are at 9500 sworn (150+ retired this month, academy has closed, about 40 recruits will graduate around April). Also deduct 400-600 any given month out on long term disability (shoulder/knee replacements-usually 4-9 months), and Paternal leave (20-40 usually 1-4 months). We have another 20-30+ out at any given time to Cancer (chemo/therapy-out 6-24 months)
You take the total number sworn, cut that in half subtracting detectives, supervisors , command, then subtract compressed work schedules (3/12,4/10) and then the 465 out (anywhere from 5-120 days), and you end up with very limited patrol numbers spread throughout 21 Ststions.

Now, if what is happening with LA CO FD is true (decline in positive cases amongst them after vaccinations), then the program is a success.
Time will tell.
I’m coming at it from a mission/deployment success, not the lethality of the virus.
It could be considered a side bar debate, but not to those with an emergency that need a response now and May or may not have it in time if cases /exposures go up.

what are the chances of someone who has graduated the academy (sheriff) being hired ? I know someone in that position who has multiple applications out but so far no one is biting.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
If the common and imminent secondary infections brought on by this virus make their way to your nutsac via your kidneys you'll wake up with your dick looking like a black rose.
images

LowRiver2

Reaction score
what are the chances of someone who has graduated the academy (sheriff) being hired ? I know someone in that position who has multiple applications out but so far no one is biting.

I will say I’m not in the know on exactly who is hiring.
LAPD has a hiring freeze, would not be surprised if LASD follow suit in a year if the county puts a financial squeeze on them.
That said, a LOT of baby boomers/early Gen X’ers are retiring in smaller departments and I haven’t heard of those doing freezes yet.
Officer.com used to have a section for discussion on all Ca. Agencies hiring (message board).
I haven’t been on there in several years but many younger guys passed on info. As to who was hiring.

Also just visit city/county websites as they usually have openings posted or can tell you when openings are coming up.
Hope this helps.