WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vagrants and Homeless Turning Ventura Into Venice Beach

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Born and raised in CA. Lived in 12 different towns. 10 of those after I was on my own, at age 18. Now every single one of those towns are represented by a Dem in the US Congress. Camarillo and Carlsbad surprised me. The rest, not so much. Sad deal.
Brother was dating a girl that lived in a gated community in Encinitas every one of the neighbors had recently moved down from “the Bay Area”! San Diego county is now packed full of “Bay Area” transplants trying to raise their children in good cities and school districts all while bringing the same thinking/voting with them. It’s been sad to watch what’s happening the last 15yrs. It’s one of the reasons we moved to Temecula instead of San Diego but I’m afraid we’re next.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Long Beach Belmont Shore is a mess too. Homeless guy stabs someone, then goes into a toddler park stabs a Dad holding a 2 year old, leaves the park a stabs someone else before getting shot by PD, 6 minutes or so after the 1st call. UGH.😡

Tank

Reaction score
Word.... are all guys with Cigs this intelligent & informed? Stop fuckin about and run for office :p
This topic is actually a lot bigger than most people know. It’s the perfect storm that’s been brewing and building for 20
Years. We’re to the point now where it’s snowballing and starting to really affect “normal” people. And it’s only going to get worse because no one takes it serious
And no one wants to fix it. It’s going to get worse. Exponentially. It’s a crisis (vagrancy, crime and narcotics). Out of control.

Morehart

Reaction score
The last time my community got sick of the homeless and nothing being being done about it, the community got together and bulldozed the riverbed . All their shanty shit houses and pushed it into a pile. They lit a fire and the fd finally had a job to do. They put out the fire. Then the rain came next year with flash floods. All the drugged out sick puppies were washed out.

Morehart

Reaction score
The homeless lit the fire in retaliation. To try to burn down a ranch community

Morehart

Reaction score
Several coworkers from Ventura were talking this morning about some serious shit happening as of lately. The homeless issue is out of control and many are claiming they are being brought in and dumped from other cities such as Santa Monica. They are shooting drugs everywhere and shitting all over the place just like LA. Sad to see the demise of such a great beach town.

They were saying this black homeless dude is going around exposing himself and was seen jerking off in front of children playing at the playground at the pier. He has also been exposing himself to patio diners as well as businesses downtown. Pics are circulating now of this POS. Also, last week another bum tried to rape a 75yr old woman gardening in her own front yard. Luckily neighbors came to her rescue.

Someone needs to serve a little street justice to this scum of the earth.

View attachment 1237136 View attachment 1237137
I'll send this to my friends at vpd. I think I've seen this guy on Victoria.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
This topic is actually a lot bigger than most people know. It’s the perfect storm that’s been brewing and building for 20
Years. We’re to the point now where it’s snowballing and starting to really affect “normal” people. And it’s only going to get worse because no one takes it serious
And no one wants to fix it. It’s going to get worse. Exponentially. It’s a crisis (vagrancy, crime and narcotics). Out of control.
I hear ya.... I'm actually for the first time in 30 years giving some consideration to surrendering my Ca residency. I'll wait and see how 2024 election goes and what shakes loose with Newsom. If the left wins again I bail..... presently my hopes are that as crime rises in more affluent areas it will cause a shift in governance but that view may turn out as overly optimistic. Time will tell. Excellent perspective you have Tank.... appreciate your expertise and post today.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
More than a couple decades ago I had a college professor who would joke about fixing the homeless problem. He was an old salty LAPD Sgt from pre Rodney King ERA. He would simply say "I can fix the homeless problem in one day. We stop calling them homeless, and instead call them outdoorsman. No more homeless problem to speak off." It was obvious satire back then, unfortunately it is becoming a reality today. All you have to do is listen to the talking heads referring to them as "Unhoused Individuals."