WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vagrants and Homeless Turning Ventura Into Venice Beach

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
Several coworkers from Ventura were talking this morning about some serious shit happening as of lately. The homeless issue is out of control and many are claiming they are being brought in and dumped from other cities such as Santa Monica. They are shooting drugs everywhere and shitting all over the place just like LA. Sad to see the demise of such a great beach town.

They were saying this black homeless dude is going around exposing himself and was seen jerking off in front of children playing at the playground at the pier. He has also been exposing himself to patio diners as well as businesses downtown. Pics are circulating now of this POS. Also, last week another bum tried to rape a 75yr old woman gardening in her own front yard. Luckily neighbors came to her rescue.

Someone needs to serve a little street justice to this scum of the earth.

1 1.jpg
12.jpg

fat rat

Member #163
Reaction score
I was at Venice beach years ago, like 20-30. Our thoughts back then were, what a cool place to live. I guess times have changed.😎

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
They just need free housing per the libtards and that will fix the issue!

FishSniper

Reaction score
Several coworkers from Ventura were talking this morning about some serious shit happening as of lately. The homeless issue is out of control and many are claiming they are being brought in and dumped from other cities such as Santa Monica. They are shooting drugs everywhere and shitting all over the place just like LA. Sad to see the demise of such a great beach town.

They were saying this black homeless dude is going around exposing himself and was seen jerking off in front of children playing at the playground at the pier. He has also been exposing himself to patio diners as well as businesses downtown. Pics are circulating now of this POS. Also, last week another bum tried to rape a 75yr old woman gardening in her own front yard. Luckily neighbors came to her rescue.

View attachment 1237136 View attachment 1237137
But the weather.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
That is what you get when DEMOCRATS are voted in
Born and raised in CA. Lived in 12 different towns. 10 of those after I was on my own, at age 18. Now every single one of those towns are represented by a Dem in the US Congress. Camarillo and Carlsbad surprised me. The rest, not so much. Sad deal.

DWC

Reaction score
Couldn’t be. I heard that you have to be looking for them to find homeless people. 😉

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
It's going to get a LOT worse , and probably won't get any better in our lifetimes here in CA.
I don't wanna sound like the 'Preacher of Doom', but 53 years in HB and I've watched it all unfold.
The number of 'tolerant' people, (and even those who agree with this states policies) are outnumbering those of us who are fed up with it here in HB.
The long standing residents are now 'Out of Touch Dinosaurs' in the eyes of the lib-crowd.
It'll be too late before anything is ever done . . . by then, the way of life around here will be completely unrecognizable.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Newport Beach homeless. Dec 2019, waiting to turn south on PCH from Newport Blvd, there was a guy openly doing a deuce right there in the ice plant. Not impressed. But, better than the sidewalk, I guess.

Reactions: DWC

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Newport Beach homeless. Dec 2019, waiting to turn south on PCH from Newport Blvd, there was a guy openly doing a deuce right there in the ice plant. Not impressed. But, better than the sidewalk, I guess.
Dick Nichols got it right!

about Mexicans taking over grassy parts of Corona del Mar

State Beach.

Once again, for the record, Nichols’ comment was: “With grass, we

usually get Mexicans coming in there early in the morning, and they

claim it as theirs, and it becomes their personal, private ground all

day.”

Like Nichols, who has not apologized for his statements -- even

though he could have, and should have at Tuesday’s City Council

meeting -- his supporters simply do not get it.

The issue is not whether Nichols told the truth. The issue is that

he has demonstrated his dislike for a group of people, in this case

Mexicans, by talking specifically about their actions and

stereotyping them.

If having Mexicans, or really those of Latino descent, on the

beach did not bother him, there would have been no reason to bring

them up. There was no reason to complain about Mexicans unless his

problem is having Mexicans -- he did not say whites, he did not say

people, he did not say Democrats -- on the beach.

For that comment, as well as others that have been documented that

also illustrate his views of Mexicans, Dick Nichols should resign. We

have urged that before. He had his chance Tuesday and did not. We

urge it again.

This apparent hatred compromises, if not destroys, Nichols’

ability to represent all of his constituents, as pointed out by his

colleague Councilman Gary Adams. And it does not appear that Mexicans

are alone in feeling Nichols’ wrath. In a comment to the Pilot that

appeared in a Thursday story, Nichols called appointments of members

of the Log Cabin Republicans, a gay Republican group, “questionable.”

As with his comments about Mexicans at the beach, it is inconceivable

that he brings the issue up.

Unless, of course, Nichols is bothered by gays and lesbians, who

whether he likes it or not, make up a portion of the very

constituents he has taken an oath to represent.

Such a man does not belong on the Newport Beach City Council and

does not deserve the honorifics that come with the seat.

On Tuesday, the rest of the council on Tuesday should have

stripped Nichols of his committee assignments and isolated him as

much as possible. While it is understandable that his colleagues want

to provide him as much opportunity to grow into his seat, Nichols has

shown no desire to rise to the level of leadership demanded by his

place at the dais.

Nichols deserves punishment if he is unwilling to do the right

thing for the city and resign. Instead, the council essentially gave

him one more chance, approving a resolution that says that if Nichols

cannot abide by his oath of office, then he should resign.

This should be the last chance Nichols gets.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
We went through this in our town about 6-7 years ago. The policy at the time was “a hand up, not a hand out”. Every town was dumping there shit heads here and things were getting out of control, literally junkies passed out on every corner parkway, 20 shit box rvs in out local park, it was really bad. At a certain point the city counsel shifted policy to PD and the issue disappeared almost over night. There is still a n issue here, but nothing like when the masses of criminal vagrants were welcome to shit all over the place and not catch a boot to the head. Churches not from our area were feeding them in our park, this only extrapolated the issue. There is a metro link stop and I heard that the powers that be out in DTLA were giving the released inmates metro link fare and telling them to head east as they would be fed and not beat on😡

Policy change in local PD fixes this problem real quick, boot to the head and told to not come back gets it done, gotta happen on the down low though😉

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
I live in Ventura. Drive through the downtown area every morning and evening, but don't generally go down there to recreate unless we head to the pier for the Beachside Taco joint and MadeWest brewery every few months.

The "daywalkers" are out and about at all times. I haven't personally had any direct issues with them, but I don't feel comfortable having them around my wife and 3 year old daughter.

I have seen the LEO's clean them out of parks and empty pockets of land trying to do their best to keep them on the move. Saw one getting arrested last Saturday in front of Napa after jay-walking right in front of an officer.

I have actually witnessed them being dropped off by what appear to be private cars in various parts of the city. Car pulls up to sidewalk, bum gets out, drags a bunch of "belongings" out of the car, then walks away and car drives off. Seen this happen 3-4 times in the past 2 months.

gqchris

Reaction score
This happened here a few days ago. Zombie attacked a guy holding his 2 year old daughter.

That could have been me walking and carrying her. I practice what I would do in that situation and how quick I could get my weapon out.

It takes too long when Im holding her.

• Sad
Reactions: DWC

sintax

Reaction score
This is how it works, and has worked for decades.

I worked in downtown Santa Ana and at least once a week I’d see a cop car pull up, usually with Irvine or Laguna Beach painted on the side, and proceed to dump a homeless person and their shit off.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
I live in Ventura. Drive through the downtown area every morning and evening, but don't generally go down there to recreate unless we head to the pier for the Beachside Taco joint and MadeWest brewery every few months.

The "daywalkers" are out and about at all times. I haven't personally had any direct issues with them, but I don't feel comfortable having them around my wife and 3 year old daughter.

I have seen the LEO's clean them out of parks and empty pockets of land trying to do their best to keep them on the move. Saw one getting arrested last Saturday in front of Napa after jay-walking right in front of an officer.

I have actually witnessed them being dropped off by what appear to be private cars in various parts of the city. Car pulls up to sidewalk, bum gets out, drags a bunch of "belongings" out of the car, then walks away and car drives off. Seen this happen 3-4 times in the past 2 months.
Exactly what I was hearing and white unmarked vans too. I'm sure the PD can only do so much with state laws and all the bleeding hearts. Pretty bad when the tax paying residents do not feel safe in their own city.

500bbc

Reaction score

Bumophobe!!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Wait a minute ..... are you sure this is a problem? Newsome has pledged billions of dollars to solve the homeless problem, with all that money it's not getting better?
This is how Karen Bass is cleaning up LA, she just dumps the off in Ventura and launders the money- problem solved.

Neverbowdown

Reaction score
Just give him reparation check and he'll leave you all alone, sheeze!! What's the big deal, make up for the wrong which has been done to his ancestors, have Newscum sign the check and voila!? What the problem is?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

@Tank can handle this one

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
A few years (decades maybe) ago, one of the gangs in Oxnard had a pledge set fire to a bum in Pierpont... The homeless fairly well disappeared very shortly after that.

I can't condone the method, but damn was it effective!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
A few years (decades maybe) ago, one of the gangs in Oxnard had a pledge set fire to a bum in Pierpont... The homeless fairly well disappeared very shortly after that.

I can't condone the method, but damn was it effective!
Our family beach house isnt far from Pierpont. Not much of any issues like vagrants or anything of that nature over there for the approximate 30 years I have been going up there.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
RIGHT!!, Out of Sight, Out Of Mind!!:rolleyes:
Don’t feed the bears. And they tend to stay away. Leave out and prepare food them. Well. You see what happens. Just sayin. Bulldoze all them.

Tank

Reaction score
So, I can address a few things:

As I’ve stated multiple times, vagrancy is different than homelessness. Transitional homeless caused by a major medical
Issue, divorce, death, job loss or life altering event is 9 times out of 10 recoverable with the endless programs to help homeless get off the streets. Vagrancy on the other hand are the mental health issues, drunks, addicts and dirty “bothersome” ones you see that greatly affect quality of life. They are assistance resistant, which is a major problem.

The majority of vagrants have addiction issues and can not cope with anything accept filling their addiction need. Over the past 20 years Prop 36, prop 47, prop 57 and AB109 have absolutely neutered the ability for the law to hold these folks accountable. Then you have lawsuits and appeals like what happened in Oregon that has now allowed things like “public camping” vagrants setting up camps in public, legal.

Couple this with county jails and prisons doing everything in their power to kick criminals out the door asap because of lawsuits and liability that are crippling budgets.

So, with that little background in mind, we look at Ventura specifically.

First, the crime rate in Ventura has actually trended down fairing significantly in 2022
And 2023. And, surprisingly so, homelessness and vagrancy studies show numbers are decreasing as well. Of course, as with any poll or study, variable factors come into play that squew numbers such as those that don’t participate or can’t be counted don’t get counted. And when you’re dealing with those aposed to society norms, it’s not difficult to imagine a large number of vagrants did not get counted. But, even with the count of homeless and vagrants down, the quality of life for citizens that see just one crazy vagrants with his pants dropped is jaw dropping. Who should have to deal
With that!?

As far as exposing one’s self, especially to
Children, that is taken very serious and the police will arrest and charge every time this occurs. Also, as far as shooting in in public, possession of narcotics, being under the influence, etc. even though prob 47 and 57 decriminalized this behavior and allows for just a ticket to be issued, Ventura police will more times than not book the subject into county jail even though the booking process is up to an hour and a half average and half the time it comes with a medical clearance which ads another 1.5 to 3 hours on top of that. And that is all a result of the county trying to mitigate liability.

Regarding other cities and counties dropping off in Ventura, it100% happens and agencies from Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura county have been caught on the act.

The other issue with the city of Ventura is that it’s the county hub. Ventura county medical center, Ventura county courts, jail and social services, probation, etc are all based in the city. So people get brought to mental health, jail, etc and are released right out into the streets of Ventura.

So, how is the city combating all
Of this? First, Ventura PD has a whole unit dedicated to dealing with just vagrancy and vagrancy issues. They also work directly with all social services to resolve issues, not just keep the cycle turning over and over. Things like locating housing, getting in touch with people’s family out of state and getting them sent home, taking those with out of county warrants directly to the county the warrant was issued and booking them there, working with counseling, etc. also, like stated above, patrol officers take a zero tolerance when enforcing violations.

It’s an uphill battle for sure. But the issues Ventura faces are CERTAINLY not there’s alone. It’s a state wide issue on multiple levels. Luckily, even though the city of ventura is a pretty liberal city, there’s a lot of police support for dealing with these issues with out push back.

I was just talking to a guy parked in the winco parking lot a few days back. Nice guy. Probably 60. Worked in drilling. Kinda sounded like fracking. Woke up one day and went down for the count. Gnarly brain clot / stroke. Fucked him up. Couldn’t really talk right and his memory was bad. Lost his house, his job, everything. No kids, no family local. Living in his car. I tried to point him to county services to get help. Felt really bad for him. Not an addict. Not an asshole. Serious situational homelessness. Those are the ones I feel bad for.

As I’ve stated before as well, what’s the real fix?

1) bring back state mental housing
2) hold addicts accountable. You want help you’ll get it. If you refuse then you go to jail. I’d rather pay 100k a year to keep ‘em locked up then who knows how much a year in services and victimizing the public as they rotate in and out of the system.
3) assign social / case workers to those homeless and vagrants narcotic offenders to oversee rehabilitation. Again, accountability.
4) reform prop 36,47 and 57 and appeal AB109.

Yes, this will cost money but I’m guessing a fraction of what it’s actually costing tax payers now.

Regarding the fire set to the vagrant by the gang members from Oxnard It actually turned out the guy lot himself on fire by accident. The crazed homeless guy that tried to assault the elderly lady was legit and the vagrant was straight up
Out of his mind. Should’ve been locked up a long time ago and or living in a state facility.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Don’t feed the bears. And they tend to stay away. Leave out and prepare food them. Well. You see what happens. Just sayin. Bulldoze all them.

You are confusing me with someone who gives a "FAT F**K" what happens in these Liberal, Radical, and Way Past help Communities. They are like the rest of California when things were going great and money was "Flowing" and no one gave a Shit, Now it is out of control and That's What You Get!! O.K. Bulldoze them out and then what and where are you going to put them before they return?

The once "American Dream" is a "Man Made Tragedy" Just look at some of the most Sickening Political Figures in Washing are from California, BUT!! The Shit doesn't affect them as the Taxpayer keeps them Shielded from the Trash.

The time to Clean these Sesspools up was way before they ever got to the"Second Tent" or Cardboard Box.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score

As I’ve stated multiple times, vagrancy is different than homelessness. Transitional homeless caused by a major medical
Issue, divorce, death, job loss or life altering event is 9 times out of 10 recoverable with the endless programs to help homeless get off the streets. Vagrancy on the other hand are the mental health issues, drunks, addicts and dirty “bothersome” ones you see that greatly affect quality of life. They are assistance resistant, which is a major problem.

The majority of vagrants have addiction issues and can not cope with anything accept filling their addiction need. Over the past 20 years Prop 36, prop 47, prop 57 and AB109 have absolutely neutered the ability for the law to hold these folks accountable. Then you have lawsuits and appeals like what happened in Oregon that has now allowed things like “public camping” vagrants setting up camps in public, legal.

Couple this with county jails and prisons doing everything in their power to kick criminals out the door asap because of lawsuits and liability that are crippling budgets.

First, the crime rate in Ventura has actually trended down fairing significantly in 2022
And 2023. And, surprisingly so, homelessness and vagrancy studies show numbers are decreasing as well. Of course, as with any poll or study, variable factors come into play that squew numbers such as those that don’t participate or can’t be counted don’t get counted. And when you’re dealing with those aposed to society norms, it’s not difficult to imagine a large number of vagrants did not get counted. But, even with the count of homeless and vagrants down, the quality of life for citizens that see just one crazy vagrants with his pants dropped is jaw dropping. Who should have to deal
With that!?

Children, that is taken very serious and the police will arrest and charge every time this occurs. Also, as far as shooting in in public, possession of narcotics, being under the influence, etc. even though prob 47 and 57 decriminalized this behavior and allows for just a ticket to be issued, Ventura police will more times than not book the subject into county jail even though the booking process is up to an hour and a half average and half the time it comes with a medical clearance which ads another 1.5 to 3 hours on top of that. And that is all a result of the county trying to mitigate liability.

Regarding other cities and counties dropping off in Ventura, it100% happens and agencies from Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Ventura county have been caught on the act.

The other issue with the city of Ventura is that it’s the county hub. Ventura county medical center, Ventura county courts, jail and social services, probation, etc are all based in the city. So people get brought to mental health, jail, etc and are released right out into the streets of Ventura.

Of this? First, Ventura PD has a whole unit dedicated to dealing with just vagrancy and vagrancy issues. They also work directly with all social services to resolve issues, not just keep the cycle turning over and over. Things like locating housing, getting in touch with people’s family out of state and getting them sent home, taking those with out of county warrants directly to the county the warrant was issued and booking them there, working with counseling, etc. also, like stated above, patrol officers take a zero tolerance when enforcing violations.

It’s an uphill battle for sure. But the issues Ventura faces are CERTAINLY not there’s alone. It’s a state wide issue on multiple levels. Luckily, even though the city of ventura is a pretty liberal city, there’s a lot of police support for dealing with these issues with out push back.

I was just talking to a guy parked in the winco parking lot a few days back. Nice guy. Probably 60. Worked in drilling. Kinda sounded like fracking. Woke up one day and went down for the count. Gnarly brain clot / stroke. Fucked him up. Couldn’t really talk right and his memory was bad. Lost his house, his job, everything. No kids, no family local. Living in his car. I tried to point him to county services to get help. Felt really bad for him. Not an addict. Not an asshole. Serious situational homelessness. Those are the ones I feel bad for.

2) hold addicts accountable. You want help you’ll get it. If you refuse then you go to jail. I’d rather pay 100k a year to keep ‘em locked up then who knows how much a year in services and victimizing the public as they rotate in and out of the system.
3) assign social / case workers to those homeless and vagrants narcotic offenders to oversee rehabilitation. Again, accountability.

Yes, this will cost money but I’m guessing a fraction of what it’s actually costing tax payers now.

Regarding the fire set to the vagrant by the gang members from Oxnard It actually turned out the guy lot himself on fire by accident. The crazed homeless guy that tried to assault the elderly lady was legit and the vagrant was straight up
Out of his mind. Should’ve been locked up a long time ago and or living in a state facility.
Thanks for posting that Tank. Very informative and good to hear your take on things being you see and deal with it firsthand.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

With that!?

Word.... are all guys with Cigs this intelligent & informed? Stop fuckin about and run for office :p