WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

VASECTOMY How bad is it?

Xtreme1

Reaction score
So... how bad is this procedure. Figured the brain trust on here could give me some real world insight

cofooter

Reaction score
Hot nurse shaving your balls - cool
Novacaine in the ball sack - didn't even feel it
Incisions - didn't feel it
Probing around for the tube to cut - really weird, seems they are pulling all your innards out - doesn't hurt
Burning the ends of the tube - stinks
Recovery - ice pack and bed for at least that afternoon, you will be sore, I worked the next day but I had a desk job
Back to normal in a couple of day, and everything works as before, no changes that I noticed

bigriver48

Aloha mr hand
Reaction score
Not bad, Vicodin is key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
Did my wife put you up to this, she brought it up the other day and I ignored her.
giphy.gif

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
Probing around for the tube to cut - really weird, seems they are pulling all your innards out - doesn't hurt
Recovery - ice pack and bed for at least that afternoon, you will be sore, I worked the next day but I had a desk job
Back to normal in a couple of day, and everything works as before, no changes that I noticed

Agree with everything above.
Shave before going in. Makes it a little quicker.
When they pull to cut it goes up to your throat. Strangest part of the whole thing.
Overall, not too bad.

Xtreme1

Reaction score
Did my wife put you up to this, she brought it up the other day and I ignored her.
After a set of twins we cant do this again.. im to freakin old..I havent been to the river in Some time because of these beautiful Hellions of mine and two promotions with extensive training back to back.. But im Ready for next season..

copterzach

Reaction score

What he said. Not bad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLdrinker

Reaction score
After the procedure, in about 2 days you will feel fine.
You are not fine!!! I went back to work and had to walk a power line. I was wrecked at the end of the day. Was in pain for the next week walking like a cowboy.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
A quick pull on the vein that you feel in your throat, then a puff of smoke and the smell of burning flesh... All good..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I had mine at 3pm on a Wednesday and was sitting on a train for work at 4am Thursday.
Dr. Gleason in Lake Havasu did mine, as odd as saying a man touching my balls was enjoyable he really had the bedside manner to make the whole situation a great one.

Only thing is buy some tighty whitey’s to wear the first week. Keep the boys pulled up tight and it’s not bad at all.

havasujeeper

Reaction score
The pulling the vein and feeling it in your throat is spot on. I got into a fight with the old ex the day of my vasectomy, and decided to go to work that evening, and pushed a patrol car all night. Probably wasn't the smartest move, but I divorced the bitch and all is now better!

RACER J

Reaction score
Like some have said, the vasectomy isn't bad at all. Just make 100% sure you are ready to have it done, because I can tell you the reversal is a painful bitch!!

nrbr

Reaction score
I'll preface by saying I have "white coat syndrome". I either pass out or throw up on all things dr related. Regular checkup or eye doctor makes no difference. I have tats and that didn't bother me at all but put me in a doctors office and I'll be fighting the good fight the entire time lol. Anyways, I'm sitting in the stirrups in my bday suit , doctor walks in nice enough guy, sets up grabs me by the balls to shoot some numbing shit in and the lights immediately start to go out. My legs last action before night night time was to kick that son of a bitch right the fuck off me and probably halfway across the room . I came to after what felt like just a second and said" shit did I pass out? Sorry I'm totally good to go now". " no fucking way" was the response . I had to reschedule to get knocked out for procedure a month later and right as I'm going to sleep I hear "hey I remember this guy".... I swear he punched me in the scrotum as I was out.

TCHB

Reaction score
Not a big deal. If I can do it and not pass out you can do it.

Get it done!

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score
So... how bad is this procedure. Figured the brain trust on here could give me some real world insight

Without reading the whole thread, make sure your done. On of the builders I work for had it done then his wife decided she wanted another one. The reversal took him over a month of excruciating bow legged pain. Funny we were just talking about it today and he said he will never have either procedures done again.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
The nurse was holding my junk shaving for the procedure talking about the meatball sub she had for lunch. I busted up laughing. The doc I had is top 5 in country. No needles very small incision. Bags of peas/corn for a day. Back to work in 2. Definitely show up for the sperm test empty cup and ask the desk lady for assistance! She laughed

riverroyal

Reaction score
Novocain. Lots of it.
3-5 shots of tequila anout 20 min prior helps also

wallnutz

Reaction score
Ask your Dr. who he would use, Then proceed with caution.

RCDave

Reaction score
Fock that....tell them to stay out of man land. Lol.

Needles and knives have no place near the south pole!!!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Best thing I ever did. Like most say, frozen peas on your junk for a couple of days and your good.

My wife waited on me hand and foot the whole time. It was a nice change of pace.

;)

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
Well I had it done twice !
Ditto. Guess I’m a good healer. Pretty quick too. About a month after the lab called and said I still hadn’t brought a sample to be checked. I never planned on it- I was awake. The gut tug, snip, burning flesh, stitches. Yup it’s done. The lab lady said “it’s better to find out for sure the cheap way” she had a point. Dropped off a cup of supposedly sterile gravy and got a call an hour later “good news Mr Troost, you’re 80% effective!” Wait..... What!??? I just got cut! “Oh..... I’m so sorry.... )*click.
Round 2, different Dr, (for obvious reasons) doc is mid procedure, shows me the removed section and says “this is round 2 for you huh?” Yes sir! “Then I’m going to give you the ‘Angel Gabriel Stitch’” a little puzzled I asked what that was. “You’ll be shooting blanks until the angel Gabriel says different, this won’t grow back”. Lab confirmed.

Take a couple days to take it easy. A buddy of mine did not and ended up in the ER with balls the size of mangos.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I have my consultation appointment on the 6th. Im hoping to get it scheduled for the Friday before Christmas.

How was riding in a car afterwards for everybody?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
I have my consultation appointment on the 6th. Im hoping to get it scheduled for the Friday before Christmas.

Just be ready. Your voice will change a couple of octaves up.

bagged97taco

Reaction score

Just fine. Just follow the rules. Don’t do anything for 2 days. You’ll be fine. Guy I work with “ little man syndrome “ did yard work same day. Swelled up big time and was outta work for 2 weeks because he didn’t listen

KevinR

Reaction score

Pretty much the same for me, but for one final suggestion.

If you have a kitten in the house, be sure to shut the bedroom door while recovering to avoid a fast lap up and over the bed. :eek: