WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

VASECTOMY How bad is it?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Just fine. Just follow the rules. Don’t do anything for 2 days. You’ll be fine. Guy I work with “ little man syndrome “ did yard work same day. Swelled up big time and was outta work for 2 weeks because he didn’t listen
@Grads and I have a mutual friend (M.H.) that didn't listen, and went riding dirt bikes....shit swole up big. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
The operation was not really a big deal, but it was a good year before I could jump out of the back of my truck onto the ground. I had a lingering pain for quite a while.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn’t bad at all. They give me liquid Valium. Which makes me want to go have another. [emoji23]

laid around all weekend. And was back at work Monday. Don’t pick anything heavy up for a couple weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sprintcvx

Reaction score
I had it done on a Friday as well(10+years ago). In my own mind I had myself so worked up about the whole procedure that I was certain I wasn't going to live through it.. I'm not sure if it was when I shaved my balls wrong, having my feet up in those stirrup deals, some over weigh intern DUDE lathering up my junk with iodine or getting my dick duct taped to my stomach, but when he got the needle out for the Novocain shot... I passed out:rolleyes:. They had to give me smelling salt to bring me back around just to make sure I could feel them trying to pull my eyeball out through a little tiny hole in my balls.. Felt alright after everything was done, stopped at the pharmacy and then to Wendys for a burger. That's where the Novocaine wore off and it felt like my balls dropped from 10 feet in the air and hit that plastic seat I was in. My wife looked at me "What's wrong?" I just said we have to go and I spent the rest of the weekend on the couch. As far a bringing back in a sample.. F that.. I'm never going back to that place ever!:eek:

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Everyone's body is different, so discomfort levels will obviously never be the same, however in general, expect to be sore & tinder for a few weeks.

The biggest thing you need to understand & your urologist will explain this too you, is that you're not vasectomy safe until you've had your post checkup for 'live swimmers' as they say, or in other words, a sperm test. I was told 20+ ejaculations & then make the appt. to go to the clinic for a test. So if you don't follow those procedures you could very well get your wife or GF prego again.

The bottom line is this: As a man, if you don't want any children or don't want any more, it's the best way to protect yourself 99.9999%. Of course they can't guarantee it's 100%, but in reality, it is. Good luck, sir.

It took me about 2-3 weeks before the discomfort was gone, however I was still walking around just fine the entire time.

I have a very physical job as well & it took me several weeks, but perhaps if someone just has a desk job or is on vacation for a week, then it wouldn't take so long to recover. I had it done on a Friday & was back to work on Monday. My advice to anyone that works on their feet all day would be to have it done at the start of your vacation week, that why you have 8-10 days to recover & watch a lot of TV.

Really? I was told 20+. Oh & also there's no way in hell I felt like doing that for a good 2 weeks after. Hell, it was bad enough trying to take a leak for several days after.

I went by myself & drove myself home, after I stopped at the Pharmacy to get the prescription meds. Driving home was fine, however I was just walking back to my car very gingerly.

Good thing you didn't get that RS with manual trans

troostr

GOT MILK?
Reaction score
As far a bringing back in a sample.. F that.. I'm never going back to that place ever!:eek:

My wife has a friend that got knocked up about 6 yrs after her hubby got cut. After all the "who's is it" drama settled and he went in for a count, turned out he healed and was 95% live!! Since then every couple years my wife remembers and insists on a check. Her genius idea to make it easy, since we check a couple straws of cow junk every shipment we get to make sure it's good, she comes down to my office and spits on a slide so we can check mine too. It's a win/win. She's pretty Rad.

707dog

Reaction score
@Grads and I have a mutual friend (M.H.) that didn't listen, and went riding dirt bikes....shit swole up big. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
so who was riding on the back of the bike with him when it was noticed it swelling up YOU OR GRADS...lmao

707dog

Reaction score
all the info has been covered but shave your own balls and i threw on headphones listen to a song or 2 and was out the door. dont lift shit and follow the healing directions choke the chicken as directed. mine was 9 years ago all good so far, 2 buddies not so much both ended up having kids one 20 yrs marriage almost ended in divorce.

jet496

Reaction score
If I had it to do over again I would not get snipped. I had a lump that made it look like I had a 3rd ball for years & it isn't completely gone (they said it's a build-up of blood or fluid).

Anyway, most people don't have complications, but like I said, I wouldn't pay to have anybody fuck with my balls again.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
My wife has a friend that got knocked up about 6 yrs after her hubby got cut. After all the "who's is it" drama settled and he went in for a count, turned out he healed and was 95% live!! Since then every couple years my wife remembers and insists on a check. Her genius idea to make it easy, since we check a couple straws of cow junk every shipment we get to make sure it's good, she comes down to my office and spits on a slide so we can check mine too. It's a win/win. She's pretty Rad.

My wife had to have some plumbing removed a few years after I had my procedure. Nobodies getting pregnant around here:p

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
If you’re young , do it later in life . If you do it now , freeze as much sperm as you can , things change .

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
So... how bad is this procedure. Figured the brain trust on here could give me some real world insight

Get a good urologist with hot fuckin help and it will go just fine. :)

Don't be a pussy :), unless youre not proud enough of your dick to show it off. ;)

I went to the shop in the afternoon.

Kailuaboy89

Aloha Airliner
Reaction score
never had an issue, felt like I got kicked in the balls for about 2 days, after that no problem

2Driver

Reaction score
I didnt have any pain and always follow dr orders.

Real important, you need to be past 20 times before you are 100% clear to go. Take the 20th one in and make sure they look under a scope for any rouge hold outs. Kind a like the Japanese fighters in WWII that didnt know the war was over 2 years after it ended

Last edited:

Albert

Reaction score
Its not bad at all like hurdling cactus naked and your balls slapping off the top of each cactus

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Everyone's body is different, so discomfort levels will obviously never be the same, however in general, expect to be sore & tinder for a few weeks.

The biggest thing you need to understand & your urologist will explain this too you, is that you're not vasectomy safe until you've had your post checkup for 'live swimmers' as they say, or in other words, a sperm test. I was told 20+ ejaculations & then make the appt. to go to the clinic for a test. So if you don't follow those procedures you could very well get your wife or GF prego again.

The bottom line is this: As a man, if you don't want any children or don't want any more, it's the best way to protect yourself 99.9999%. Of course they can't guarantee it's 100%, but in reality, it is. Good luck, sir.

It took me about 2-3 weeks before the discomfort was gone, however I was still walking around just fine the entire time.

I have a very physical job as well & it took me several weeks, but perhaps if someone just has a desk job or is on vacation for a week, then it wouldn't take so long to recover. I had it done on a Friday & was back to work on Monday. My advice to anyone that works on their feet all day would be to have it done at the start of your vacation week, that why you have 8-10 days to recover & watch a lot of TV.

Really? I was told 20+. Oh & also there's no way in hell I felt like doing that for a good 2 weeks after. Hell, it was bad enough trying to take a leak for several days after.

I went by myself & drove myself home, after I stopped at the Pharmacy to get the prescription meds. Driving home was fine, however I was just walking back to my car very gingerly.

Holy shit...

I have a whole new respect for you bro. I wish I would have done that when I was single!

Smart man. :Thumbup:

guest hs

Reaction score
Damn Ryan you getting that much pussy to worry about shit like that?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So... how bad is this procedure. Figured the brain trust on here could give me some real world insight
I only read down to the comment about the frozen peas:D

I know a guy. He had a vasectomy.
He, at a later date, had the reverse surgery.
Reverse is worse.
Make sure it’s what you want.

Xtreme1

Reaction score
Well.... its done.. took 2 Xanax which didn't do squat. Office staff was anything but attractive and then a pretty darn attractive gal in surgical scrubs, pig tails and glasses comes out and calls my name. Takes me in a procedure room and has me get undressed, inspects my shave job, warms up my junk while she preps everything else, iodine bath and pulls my nuts out through a hole in a surgical blanket and leaves the room.. Dr. Comes in asks if I have any questions and gets to it. Its all good till they clamp that little noodle and .....you've been kicked in the nuts, stomach turns, feel as if your gonna crap yourself and then it subsides... shitty part is there is another side and that first side lets the other side know what's coming.. FML I even asked how many guys Tap out half way through he says only one.. other side wasn't even half as bad as the first one. Whole thig was like 10-15 min Little tender now as I sit on the couch only pain med is Tylenol thanks to all the new Opioid rules.. well see how tomorrow goes..

EBT531

Reaction score
Best thing I’ve ever done! Get the no needle version and make sure they burn the ends. My Dr burned the ends AND applied the clip to ensure it doesn’t grow back. I did the oxy for one day then switched to Tylenol. Frozen peas as suggested but if you lift weights you can plan on skipping the gym for more then a week.

Maw

Dont re Member
Reaction score
My younger brother had his a few years earlier than I. His doctor had found a third, minor, Vas Deferens during the procedure. I let my urologist know, he poked and prodded around a few minutes more during my mine and found the same. Genetics.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
No big deal. Best thing that we did for price of mind.

Two parts that were the worst.
1) When they pull the tube out the tug can be felt and uncomfortable.
2) When our son wanted to play with me while I was relaxing the couch the next day. A knee to the junk was a little painful.

redone76

Reaction score
Going in at 2 tomorrow for my turn! A little nervous but ready to get it done. My wife even got me an ice pack...to bad I’m hung like a tuna can
IMG_5113.jpg

milkmoney

Reaction score
Going in at 2 tomorrow for my turn! A little nervous but ready to get it done. My wife even got me an ice pack...to bad I’m hung like a tuna can
View attachment 766220

That color goes well on you ...pink = getting ready for man hood to be non existing ...[emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

RCDave

Reaction score
Doesn't that slit up the full length of your scroat heal to look and function like a full blown labia afterwards?

redone76

Reaction score
Doesn't that slit up the full length of your scroat heal to look and function like a full blown labia afterwards?

Meah...already looks like a chewed up wad of gum

530RL

Reaction score
Charlie Chapman had a kid at 73, Tony Randall had a kid at 77.

Despite the threats to society no vasectomy for me, I still got time...... :)

bagged97taco

Reaction score
View attachment 766220

Frozen peas or veggies work the best. I only needed single serving size to cover mine. Haha

Riley1

Reaction score
So my wife the Lurker just asked me when I’m going in. I told her we have to plan out the recovery. She thinks I can work CONSTRUCTION the next day because the procedure is only a few minutes. I told her I need a week off.
Can someone tell her how long the recovery actually is? She’s reading.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
So my wife the Lurker just asked me when I’m going in. I told her we have to plan out the recovery. She thinks I can work CONSTRUCTION the next day because the procedure is only a few minutes. I told her I need a week off.
It can be different for everyone. Some are good by Monday after a Friday snip. Some may need a week or 2. No heavy lifting for a couple of weeks no matter what.

Hey Mrs. Riley, don’t tell him in a few years, “we should have had just 1 more” every time you see a baby. o_O

:D

530RL

Reaction score

Hello Wife,

They will need a fresh sample afterwards to make sure the procedure worked. And fresh means fresh as in minutes.

Keep that in mind...... :)

4Waters

Reaction score
3 weeks with Daily massages starting on week 2 :D

spectra bash

Reaction score
I was on my drum kit buzzed up jammin the next night. Probably not the best decision but everything seems fine.

cofooter

Reaction score

Couple of days before I was comfortable getting around and I had a desk job, I would think a week or so to go back to construction.

RCDave

Reaction score

A half dozen blow jobs long

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Hello Wife,

They will need a fresh sample afterwards to make sure the procedure worked. And fresh means fresh as in minutes.

Keep that in mind...... :)
I don’t know if it was the same for everyone, but taking samples hurt for a couple of months afterwards. I remember thinking “nobody mentioned, OW, this”

JBS

Reaction score
Charlie Chapman had a kid at 73, Tony Randall had a kid at 77.

Despite the threats to society no vasectomy for me, I still got time...... :)

LMAO. I am calling bs[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
View attachment 766220

Pics of your wife in comparison of your tuna can. LOL I hope that all goes well for you!!!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Just had it done 3 weeks ago. They said no strenuous activity (running, lifting heavy objects, etc) for 2 weeks. Said they’ve seen people who “felt fine” go for a run and come back with a sack the size of a grapefruit.

Me, I had no swelling and no pain honestly. They prescribed me Vicodin and I didn’t need any of it. I used the frozen peas as a precautionary.