8761.jpeg

VAUGHN #3 previously 888

0806102120.jpg

11376 (2).jpeg

20180524_183238.jpg

20180728_090035.jpg

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Do work son lol. Great job. Love seeing these being restored.

Halvecto

Reaction score
That red and silver with the slight metallic flake looks great.

Great projects. How did you find them? Are they all local (to you) original owners?

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Haha Thx! Ya Vaughn 3 is being referred to as the "Bass Boat Edition" LOL! My wife loves things that sparkle!!!! I'm in Roseville just north of Sacramento -found them on Craigslist in So Cal. Back in the day, I missed out on buying my buddies 24 Schiada so I've always kept an eye out for one, but waaaaay out of my price range These Vaughns handle really well and are a heavy lay-up

Halvecto

Reaction score
What are you planning for power? Trim tabs?

norcalLmo

Reaction score
We're dropping in a stock Mercruiser 502 EFI and a set of Lenco tabs Both combos seem to really well on these hulls

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
We're dropping in a stock Mercruiser 502 EFI and a set of Lenco tabs Both combos seem to really well on these hulls

These are some sexy boats!
I vote for Bennet tabs. Tried, true, and no electronics under the water

MesaAlan

Reaction score
Hello guys. I’m guessing I’m Vaughn #6 owner on here. I fairly recently bought the Miami Vice outboard listed for sale out of Marietta CA several years back. I ended up with just the boat & trailer.

6B1EDF1E-B6C0-48E9-B510-C54CCF7D355D.jpeg

My plans are to cut the motor well out, replace the badly rotted transome and hang another outboard from an 18” bracket.

Has Vaughn888 been active on here lately? I would like to ask if any hulls were built with pads and if so what were the dimensions? Any pics of a pad boat available?

I will post pics of progress once I get started. Have a few home projects to finish up on first.

Thanks in advance for your help!

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Hey MesaAlan - CONGRATS on the find! I have the 888 boat (which was originally an outboard) that I converted to an IO - This is the 3rd one we've converted - Note: that all 3 had a 2 1/4" solid transom - not the outboard well that your boat has - The 'Blue Heat' Vaughn 1 resto and Vaughn 2 resto are both straight V's while my 888 Vaughn has a delta pad - let me know what measurements you need -
*The outboard direction you're going will be FRICKIN' COOL!!!!! The outboard technology has really come a long way since the Merc 200's and 3.4L Cosworth days LOL!

MesaAlan

Reaction score
Thanks norcallmo. I can see from the 888 pic you posted there is a pad under there. If the boat is still available to you, can you snap some close up pics of it? Dimensions of how wide and how far forward on the keel line it goes would be very helpful and appreciated.

My last boat was a older 270 Hallett with a 540 & Bravo drive. This will be my first weed eater, looking forward to it.

Very nice work on the pics you have posted. Hope mine turns out as nice.

New to the site here, is there a way to direct message you for your contact info?

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Great group of peeps here and lot's of knowledge to 'tap' into. I'll PM you my contact info -

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Updating post - to answer a lot of questions I'm getting from peeps....Both Vaughn #1 & #2 are Port side steering, Vaughn #3 is Starboard side - I believe Vaughn Pipenburg built about 20 hulls - most were outboards - a few sterndrives and 1-V-drive that is currently owned by another member (restoration noted in the V-drive section).
Mr. Pipenburg decided to name his boats after his 1st name as he figured most people would not make the connection of Performance Boats to Pipenburg LOL!!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Updating post - to answer a lot of questions I'm getting from peeps....Both Vaughn #1 & #2 are Port side steering, Vaughn #3 is Starboard side - I believe Vaughn Pipenburg built about 20 hulls - most were outboards - a few sterndrives and 1-V-drive that is currently owned by another member (restoration noted in the V-drive section).
Mr. Pipenburg decided to name his boats after his 1st name as he figured most people would not make the connection of Performance Boats to Pipenburg LOL!!!

Keep the pics coming please! Thanks!

SS-C

Reaction score
vaughn.jpg

Absolutely beautiful work!

Love the red, looks to have so much depth.

Are these boats being restored in gel, or paint?

If paint, would you mind sharing what products your using for base/clear etc.

Again, beautiful work!!

Thanks for sharing with us.

norcalLmo

Reaction score
Thx for the compliments Vaughn 1 was done with clear coat / base coat, Vaughn 2 and 3 were done in gel coat. Vaughn 1 was sold last year, Vaughn 2 is my buddies, my Vaughn 3 is pending sold

MesaAlan

Reaction score
Testing the water for interest in a project Vaughn. I haven't had the time I thought I would & considering selling. Boat needs complete refurb; new transom, stringers, interior & paint/gelcoat.

Please PM me for additional info. Pic in previous post above was from internet advertisement years ago. Boat is now completely gutted.

Thank you,

Alan