WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vdrive

Someone educate me on this I have a vdrive boat with big block Chevrolet 2-speed powerglide has stal

• How's it supposed to work

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Does it need to stall speed converter in a boat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jdealer55

Reaction score
Bought V-drive boat with big block Chevrolet has powerglide with stall converter someone educate me on this please because it seems weird I've had three drives but never one with powerglide

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
the water is your stall converter, usually the converters are gutted and used as a connecting point. I run a different type of trans in my boats but you will get the right info here soon. Are you sure it has a stall converter?

jdealer55

Reaction score
I know it's like a 8 to 10 inch converter smaller than usual and it it slips like hell when you take off

jdealer55

Reaction score
Okay I'm just learning how to use this forum so bear with me I know it's lips like it's got a converter stall and it's 8 inch converter is not a normal size one is a redrilled the flywheel and a smaller than a regular one is spaced out from the flywheel to
I know it's like a 8 to 10 inch converter smaller than usual and it it slips like hell when you take off

o

sintax

Reaction score
converter is not needed, its likely welded up. You can remove it and replace it with a drive flange setup if you really like. As mentioned above, the water provides a whole lotta slip, in comparison to the asphalt. You'll also get a lot more traction if you post in the v-drives section :)

jdealer55

Reaction score
converter is not needed, its likely welded up. You can remove it and replace it with a drive flange setup if you really like. As mentioned above, the water provides a whole lotta slip, in comparison to the asphalt. You'll also get a lot more traction if you post in the v-drives section :)
Thanks
Thanks