WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vegas to Flagstaff

Nordie

Reaction score
So my BIL from Chicago made a random trip to Flagstaff with his girlfriend and purposed. He never mentioned it to any of us, but after he popped the question he called us seeing if we wanted to meet up.

We're willing to drive a couple few hours to see family, but we're trying to find something to do.

Is there anything cool from Vegas to Flagstaff?

Regardless we need to see family that is Usually far away.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Hoover Dam if never been. Kingman for gas and fast food only. Williams and Bearzona or Deer farm. Seligman is a cool 1 hour stop too.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
So my BIL from Chicago made a random trip to Flagstaff with his girlfriend and purposed. He never mentioned it to any of us, but after he popped the question he called us seeing if we wanted to meet up.

We're willing to drive a couple few hours to see family, but we're trying to find something to do.

Is there anything cool from Vegas to Flagstaff?

Regardless we need to see family that is Usually far away.

Just spent a week up in Williams at the in laws. Not much to do but ride the train to the Grand Canyon or deer season opened today!!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
if you’re going Rte 66 you have Keepers of the Wild and Grand Canyon Caverns. Both can be enjoyable for 90 minutes each.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If the Chicago folk have never been, go to the Grand Canyon. Flagpole is full of hippy folk, but it's pretty. You can also hit Sedona...really nice views, but a lot of new age weirdos.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
If the Chicago folk have never been, go to the Grand Canyon. Flagpole is full of hippy folk, but it's pretty. You can also hit Sedona...really nice views, but a lot of new age weirdos.
Very true. Last time we wanted to bring grandson to slide rock. No parking anywhere. Not enjoyable when its a mess there. Beautiful place though. May have to go back but not in summer.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
If you are into it the Lowell Observatory is interesting. And the ride to The snowbowl is really nice. Wife is too chicken to do the ski lift. :p

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't wear your MAGA gear in Flag or Sedona...may get beaned with a Hacki-Sack in one, get a hippy witch curse in the other...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
If you're staying in Flag, you can run out to Meteor Crater.

The east end of the Grand Canyon is a bit closer to Flagstaff and less crowded, I've always enjoyed that part of the park more than the main entrance side.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
West Side Lilo’s in Seligman. Amazing food don’t skip the carrot cake.
Tons of outdoor hiking wondering etc between Seligman and Flagstaff. Sedona, Prescott, Williams is absolutely gorgeous. There’s plenty to do, downtown Flagstaff etc.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Make sure to fire off a few rounds every so often to make them feel at home. :p
I think ANYTHING with a mountain view will beat out out barren corn and bean fields waiting to be tilled.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Eat breakfast at Martanns in flagstaff. Best Mexican breakfast on the planet. I think it’s cash only.

Reactions: BAS

HBCraig

Reaction score
Check out the dam. Specifically look for the anti-aircraft bunkers in the hills on each side of the dam. Still there from WW2

Nordie

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I think we're going to turn this into a foodie trip, might head down tonight, I'll see what the wife thinks when she gets home from work.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
If you're staying in Flag, you can run out to Meteor Crater.

The east end of the Grand Canyon is a bit closer to Flagstaff and less crowded, I've always enjoyed that part of the park more than the main entrance side.
My ole lady still busts my chops about that place “you brought me here to see a hole in the ground???” :D Well she also doesn’t think my coal from the Titanic is real..

playdeep

Reaction score
Eat breakfast at Martanns in flagstaff. Best Mexican breakfast on the planet. I think it’s cash only.
Beg to differ...
You've obviously never had huevos
rancheros with fresh Hatch green chili breakfast in New Mexico...

Motor Boater

Reaction score
Beg to differ...
You've obviously never had huevos
rancheros with fresh Hatch green chili breakfast in New Mexico...

Negative! I do work all over NM, ABQ, silver city, Carlsbad, Las cruces etc. have you been to Martanns? I’m obviously over stating a touch but there has been a line in front of that place Everyday for decades to get their juevos rancheros. Fratelli quiles is my favorite though.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I've also heard great things about the food at Lilo's in Seligman. Plan to definitely check it out. Had a very good meal and service at Rod's Stealhouse in Williams last year. Although not too many miles apart, Williams and Flag are worlds apart when it comes to politics and patriotism. I'll take Williams.