WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ventura county parents

Rayson1971

Reaction score
facebook_1633700196662.jpg

Tank

Reaction score
DONE! This whole topic is the straw that broke the camels back to finally seriously look into leaving Ca. Govt over-reach, shitty leadership, shitty politics, shitty laws passed, shitty covid management, shitty taxes, SHITTY SCHOOLS, literal shit in the streets from vagrant crisis and drug crisis have pushed us to the limit. Sad part is that it boils down to shitty people that live in Ca. and vote this way. after the failure of Grusome not being recalled, I think CA. will never recover. Trains headed for the cliff at full speed and brakes are gone.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
I'm not a parent and don't know how the school system works. What does no kids in school = no money actually mean? If kids don't show up, school district doesn't get paid? I find it hard to believe. Genuinely curious how the money side of things work with public schools.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I saw this earlier in the week.

My wife was saying something about this is kind of getting momentum everywhere. Parents are looking to pull kids from public schools altogether and place them into independent home schools and stand together against kids getting vaxed. If true would have a big impact on public school funding.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I'm not a parent and don't know how the school system works. What does no kids in school = no money actually mean? If kids don't show up, school district doesn't get paid? I find it hard to believe. Genuinely curious how the money side of things work with public schools.
They get a buck three eighty five per kid per day

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score

Tank

Reaction score
It is 100% true. Like coolchange said. They get money per kid per day. We used to pull our kid(s) out of school friday and monday routinely for long weekends (daughter was straight A student didn't affect her at all). Got called in and talked to. We said we wont stop doing it, it gives her life experience. Principal said, well, pull her out all week and get a work packet for the week instead (because they still get paid that way!) i.e. it's about money, not learning.....OF COURSE! Super disillusioned with the teachers union and CA. school system the past 2 years. It's shocking how their inefficiencies have come to glaring light.
👎👎

4Waters

Reaction score
Our school district gets paid $80 per kid per day for butt in seat, no money if there is no butt in the seat

Reactions: DWC

Meaney77

Reaction score
Im not totally savvy with the funding thing either but what I do know is that if a kid is out for being sick the school doenst receive funding that day.

What amazes me is the lack of funding is provided to school in the 1st place. My wife is pretty actively involved in our school PTA and in really involved in the fund raising part of it. Atleast for our school the PTA fund raising pays for things like teachers for PE, and other classes. Parents dont want to donate or participate in the fund raising which in turn impacts the kids and their school/learning experience.

With all of the "surplus" of money floating around in CA I dont understand why theses schools aren't getting more state funding. They could cut back on the crappy free lunches available for every kid (thanks to Michelle Obama) that arent needed and thrown out and use that funding. It just seems so ass backwards to me...

Meaney77

Reaction score
It is 100% true. Like coolchange said. They get money per kid per day. We used to pull our kid(s) out of school friday and monday routinely for long weekends (daughter was straight A student didn't affect her at all). Got called in and talked to. We said we wont stop doing it, it gives her life experience. Principal said, well, pull her out all week and get a work packet for the week instead (because they still get paid that way!) i.e. it's about money, not learning.....OF COURSE! Super disillusioned with the teachers union and CA. school system the past 2 years. It's shocking how their inefficiencies have come to glaring light.
👎👎
We have been considerate of the funding and pull our kid after the bell rings.

Tank

Reaction score
Im not totally savvy with the funding thing either but what I do know is that if a kid is out for being sick the school doenst receive funding that day.

What amazes me is the lack of funding is provided to school in the 1st place. My wife is pretty actively involved in our school PTA and in really involved in the fund raising part of it. Atleast for our school the PTA fund raising pays for things like teachers for PE, and other classes. Parents dont want to donate or participate in the fund raising which in turn impacts the kids and their school/learning experience.

With all of the "surplus" of money floating around in CA I dont understand why theses schools aren't getting more state funding. They could cut back on the crappy free lunches available for every kid (thanks to Michelle Obama) that arent needed and thrown out and use that funding. It just seems so ass backwards to me...
The whole fund raising PTA thing was a big eye opener the last couple years my wife was involved with it too. Having a good friend that worked for the school district and was on the PTA got an inside peak at the money waste, meanwhile teachers asking parents to donate money for pencils and erasers and chalk and dry erase pens. Used to just go along with it. Now it's like, "REALLY!!??" So much fucking waste its infuriating. Now I say fuck 'em. How's all that lottery money going back to the schools doing? Fucking Ca schools and teacher union are as corrupt as the politicians.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

There is plenty of "funding". It all goes to pensions before it ever gets to the classrooms.

My wife is on the PTA board and ran fundraising for 2 years....

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Newscum passed a bill that gives funding regardless of attendance so the whole keep kids home thing is a joke.

My wife and I (Domestic Terrorists) went to several school board meetings and protests over mask requirements and CRT. We are in the Temecula Unified School District and I can tell you that out of all the schools in our valley, there weren't that many people out there speaking up against this crap. We are the minority.

The majority, does nothing, says nothing and will do whatever the school district, health department or government says. That is why we are getting the heck out of here.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Newscum passed a bill that gives funding regardless of attendance so the whole keep kids home thing is a joke.

My wife and I (Domestic Terrorists) went to several school board meetings and protests over mask requirements and CRT. We are in the Temecula Unified School District and I can tell you that out of all the schools in our valley, there weren't that many people out there speaking up against this crap. We are the minority.

The majority, does nothing, says nothing and will do whatever the school district, health department or government says. That is why we are getting the heck out of here.
Lazy parents!!
Stay at home moms with to much social life while kids are in school.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
There is plenty of "funding". It all goes to pensions before it ever gets to the classrooms.

My wife is on the PTA board and ran fundraising for 2 years....

Goes all kinna places...

My wife is an accountant at the local college. She oversees Grant Funding.

They had to hire an outside consultant, to help them Spend the massive amount of dollars in covid funds they got.

The school couldn't figure out what to do with it all on their own. Not enough man power or time. So you can imagine how much money they are sitting on, to have a problem like that.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

One of the problems are parents use the school as a babysitter and have been .

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Correct. Attendance fell off a cliff due to COVID lockdowns. Now they get funding based on retrospective average attendance instead of daily average attendance. The old way, the money followed the student if they switched to a charter school or moved out of town. Under the new plan, new and growing schools will be negatively impacted by freezing their budgets while throngs of new illegals show up in schools. Get out of CA now while we still have good home values!

azsunfun

Reaction score
here in s az the school district, sorry the students and parents i used to work for the district owned four undeveloped properties that i new of! they have your tax funds million doller football fields come to mind.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
We lived in Camarillo for 20 years, 1993 - 2013. Our oldest daughter was once the Student Representative to the Board of Oxnard Unified High School District. She took her position very seriously, which seemed to catch the Board Members by surprise. She was the liaison for the 5 district high schools. She would continually check with the students of the 5 schools via their student councils. She attended every single school board meeting. Since she didn't drive, we took her to these meetings and sat in the back of the room. Our daughter sat up on the Dias with the other School Board members. Many times she spoke up and gave the student's point of view on various issues. What we often heard at these school board meetings was shocking. And that was back in the good old days, 1990s. Can't even imagine what it's like now. Those meetings were announced and open to the public.

CA Lottery $ for the schools? It was a scam. Don't know what the arrangement is now, but back then those Lottery funds did not increase funding for CA schools. It "subplanted" the school's budgets. It did not supplement those budgets.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
They need to be protesting at the capitol and accosting Newsom (since that's part of the process) every chance they get.

The school districts don't have much of a choice in the matter and aren't making this decision.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Stay strong. don’t put up with their shit. Don’t let them push you around.

Be an advocate for your child. No one is gonna do it except for you. How far would you go for you kid?

That is a hill I am willing to die on…

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Camped in the desert and up all night with my heart mis firing. This all came on after the vaccine.
I sure as hell won’t get the booster.

BTW:
Maynards whole UCLA dorm is down with a graveyard flu. He’s iron manning thru it. It’s an ass kicker. Tough kid.
UCLA Med is on top of it treating all the kids.