WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Verado 400 Extended Warranty cost?

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Are extended warranty costs for these engines the same as car warranties, where the same coverage plan will vary depending on who’s selling it to you?

Not sure what I was expecting, but this seems high. Engine was completely blown up at about 30 hours, and replaced (power head) under warranty by Barrett to the tune of about 18k dollars. Thinking I should be looking at an extended plan since the wife wants to keep this thing...

IMG_4801.png

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
At the cost of a new motor, and your ability to kill one off in 30hrs, I'd say 10k may be worthwhile.

Sadly, Murphy may go into hiding. You'll pay the 10k, and will have the most trouble free 5 years known to boaters!

Taboma

Reaction score
At the cost of a new motor, and your ability to kill one off in 30hrs, I'd say 10k may be worthwhile.

Sadly, Murphy may go into hiding. You'll pay the 10k, and will have the most trouble free 5 years known to boaters!

Exactly why I always purchase the extended warranty --- because I know by doing so, I just bullet proofed my ride. 👍

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You may be able to negotiate that price in normal times - but we ain't in normal times.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Are extended warranty costs for these engines the same as car warranties, where the same coverage plan will vary depending on who’s selling it to you?

Not sure what I was expecting, but this seems high. Engine was completely blown up at about 30 hours, and replaced (power head) under warranty by Barrett to the tune of about 18k dollars. Thinking I should be looking at an extended plan since the wife wants to keep this thing...

View attachment 989960

I think you should call whoever you bought the motor from...we paid less than that for the platinum warranty on a 520/Xr Combo.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score

View attachment 989960

I sent you a message through FB messenger about this.

Justfishing

Reaction score
Is it still under warranty? Ifso you can get a merc plan. There is a moderator at bass boat central that offers them at a good price. Go to mercurcy sect at bbc

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I bought the 5 year extended plan, prices vary. You may be able to call Brunswick directly and ask to purchase after everything you went thru. I actually just cancelled mine after my boat sold. They were really good about sending me a prorated refund. I don't have access to my records today but can get a phone number for you in "two weeks".