WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Verizon Goes back to Unlimited or is it Smoke and Mirrors again?

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
So they are finally bringing it back but doing what other carriers are doing. Basically if you go over 22 or 26 gigs you might get throttled down to slower speeds pending network usage.

Regardless I just switched anyhow because I use a tad under that but pay a ton so it was worth it for me to switch the plan over. Plus they aren't charged data for streaming hd videos and what not like t-mobile is doing so it's a good deal.

C-2

Reaction score
Hell yeah, just dropped my bill by $35:thumbup:

Thanks for the heads-up, wow :)

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I have been grandfathered unlimited on data with all our business phones for years here at our company.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I have been grandfathered unlimited on data with all our business phones for years here at our company.

Wish I never gave up that one. You probably don't get throttled down I assume?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I just went online and switched to unlimited and it's saving me about $30/month from my previous plan which was 24GB per month.

I need to check this out......sounds like I might be in the same boat.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
So they are finally bringing it back but doing what other carriers are doing. Basically if you go over 22 or 26 gigs you might get throttled down to slower speeds pending network usage.

Regardless I just switched anyhow because I use a tad under that but pay a ton so it was worth it for me to switch the plan over. Plus they aren't charged data for streaming hd videos and what not like t-mobile is doing so it's a good deal.

I already get throttled down ....I have 24g plan.....but I put it on what they call "safety mode".....so once we hit the 24g.....it automatically throttles it down until the billing cycle is up. I never have an overage with it in this mode. So sounds like I can get basicly the same thing but save a few bucks......we'll see

C-2

Reaction score
I already get throttled down ....I have 24g plan.....but I put it on what they call "safety mode".....so once we hit the 24g.....it automatically throttles it down until the billing cycle is up. I never have an overage with it in this mode. So sounds like I can get basicly the same thing but save a few bucks......we'll see

Same was happening to me. We got the wifey a laptop for worked and synced OneDrive; but, we had all the folders turned on to sync, and only did it irregularly.

So, when she turned on her laptop at work, bam, 12GB of data used to sync in under a half hour. It happened a couple of times.

Towards the end of the billing cycle we would hit the safety mode, which I didn't care about since only my daughter used the majority of the data.

I had to move up to the 30GB plan, but this one sounds better :thumbsup

Dirtbag

Reaction score
What are your guys plans? Im thinking of switching to Verizon from ATt.

We currently pay 250 a month for 3 phones and 25 gigs. Part of our bill is paying off the last little bit of the Iphone 6s and an iphone 5. i think around 70 bux for that. So i guess im paying 175 a month for three phones? Are you guys seeing better rates?

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
i am guessing you guys will have your speed throttled once you reach a pre-set data cap, then 2G speeds for whatever remains used that month.

I did not read your fine print but AT&T has a simular deal but speeds throttle.

Let me also add when speeds throttle town the smart phone is no longer smart, it becomes an 80's phone with a fancy dialer.

EmpirE231

Reaction score

I had unlimited data years ago, but when we upgraded phones, they said we had to switch to the newer data plans, and unlimited was not available on those phones. sounds like I got screwed.

C-2

Reaction score

We currently pay 250 a month for 3 phones and 25 gigs. Part of our bill is paying off the last little bit of the Iphone 6s and an iphone 5. i think around 70 bux for that. So i guess im paying 175 a month for three phones? Are you guys seeing better rates?

$210 for the (now) unlimited, 3 lines. I'm financing 2 of the phones and one has equip protection, so the entire bill will be about $260

C-2

Reaction score
Switching plans is super simple, it took a few minutes, all done online. If the speed is an issue, then I'll spend another few minutes and switch back.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
$210 for the (now) unlimited, 3 lines. I'm financing 2 of the phones and one has equip protection, so the entire bill will be about $260

so really no change.....Att service works great for me every where i go. I just hate att. I might switch to verizon just for the fuck of it.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I had unlimited data years ago, but when we upgraded phones, they said we had to switch to the newer data plans, and unlimited was not available on those phones. sounds like I got screwed.

We have upgraded phones but had to make sure we went to a direct Verizon store instead of an Authorized store or something along those lines. Any changes to the plan and the unlimited would have went away.

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score

I'm paying $200 for three phones with unlimited data as of today lol.

Enen

Reaction score
There must be a bunch of people switching. I've called, and tried online and get am getting server errors.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I just called. Basically it's 80 for a single line and 110 for up to four lines. Plus you're phones. 40 dollars under contract. 20 not under contract. Plus insurance and taxes. I have a business account and if I switch to unlimited I lose the 8 percent discount and the ability to buy a phone under the 2 year contract. I'd have to upgrade by paying full price or a monthly fee per phone. It's not worth it to me at this point. I can upgrade to a 7 in March for 299 on a two year contract.

glamis0812

Reaction score
Just changed mine through the app and it took about 30 seconds and mine went up $2.00 but I have 6 lines and had a pretty good deal on a 30g plan.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Does that not contradict the unlimited part?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I use tmobile. Unlimited for like 70 bucks I think. Not had any issues.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Some smoke and maybe one mirror. If you exceed 10G a month your going to 3G which if true, should not be all that bad. No streaming in HD.
I am a little sensitive to this because AT&T was giving me and millions of others a good screwing throttling you to 2G speed after 3gb which is impossible to deal with. They have a good size class action lawsuit over it as these details were undisclosed. Forced me to switch plans. I also was caught using a jail broke phone and they threatened to terminate me completely and sue me for $50k. I still have the certified letter. So my love for AT&T is non existent but I still have them.

Just so you know.

IMG_6146.JPG

boatpi

Reaction score
I just got off wtih Sprint my provider.

Now everyone is different. I get a corp discount and I am on auto pay. I have 5 phones with 12G now, base is $155 plus taxes. And yes they have a new promo.....

I just switched to unlimited for just $10 per month more, so base is $165 plus taxes, etc. A deal. I t includes 5G hot spot for all phones per month too.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I just got hit with $15 in data overages, those bastards

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I'm out on Dumont Dunes now and getting a full 5 bars.
We have a 30 Gig roll over plan but it's goofy how the roll over works.
It's not all your left over data, just some will roll over to the next month.

I had 46 gigs and should have reset over to the next month but just 16 gigs did.

Always some kinda catch.

I'll go into Verizon when I get home and get a sharper picture of how it all works.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I jus switched. Saved me a few bucks too. You guys have me so damn confused in the throttle back thingy. I am jus going to keep using this POS Apple phone and tapashit , til it fucking blows up. [emoji12][emoji202]

Boat 405

Reaction score
I switched. gonna save about $30. I have 4 phones. Goes from $270 to $240

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I'm currently on the XL plan with 12G for $60 per month (normally $80 but company 25% discount) and an additional $40 for my wife's phone. Going to go on line now and change over. Thanks TPC for the information.

Just checked and I would lose the company discount and my bill would increase $50

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I jus switched. Saved me a few bucks too. You guys have me so damn confused in the throttle back thingy. I am jus going to keep using this POS Apple phone and tapashit , til it fucking blows up. [emoji12][emoji202]

It just means your Unlimited data is not 4G (fastest network) unlimited. The fastest speed is actually limited. As I read it Hot Spot speeds are also reduced.

Fine print. I really don't know how this affects Verizon. I know with AT&T I was yelling Mother Fucker at the phone after a week into the new billing cycle. Past 2 years I have 20G double your data special to 40G with rollover. Shared over 5 phones, x2 plans. 10 phones total. I spend about $600 a month on phones personal and employee.

I am completely done with stupid Tapatalk. I just use Google.

C-2

Reaction score
It just means your Unlimited data is not 4G (fastest network) unlimited. The fastest speed is actually limited. As I read it Hot Spot speeds are also reduced.

Fine print. I really don't know how this affects Verizon. I know with AT&T I was yelling Mother Fucker at the phone after a week into the new billing cycle. Past 2 years I have 20G double your data special to 40G with rollover. Shared over 5 phones, x2 plans. 10 phones total. I spend about $600 a month on phones personal and employee.

I saw a couple of all black unmarked cars with mad antennas on them parked several doors down from your house earlier....

Heard they were looking for a scoflaw :eek

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score

Been with AT&Tard long enough to see my grandfathered in "unlimited" plan get throttled when I got past 5 gigs...it's complete bullshit.

Their service used to be the best, now it's meh. I am awaiting TPC's final judgement before I switch. :(

C-2

Reaction score
Ya think this guy had anything to do with it?

I do

paulApprovedStill11.0.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
I don't change phone numbers, or carriers.

Same number, and same carrier since the shoebox phone days, back when Verizon was AirTouch.

Hell yes, .49 a minute for local calls :thumbsup

bag-phone.jpg

boatpi

Reaction score
How about LA Cellular, .90 a minute!

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
looks like it saves you money if you have 16GB or greater plan currently. If you have a company discount and on the 16GB bubble, probably cheaper to stay and pay overage here and there. Plus, better line access charge when you have 4 lines as opposed to two or only one line. So those with kids hogging data, or a wife watching Facebook videos all day, Unlimited Data is a money saver!

I'll hang onto to my More Everything plan for awhile longer. No throttling :p

C-2

Reaction score
How about LA Cellular, .90 a minute!

I remember them too!

I remember paying $600-700 per month for old fashioned landline numbers (3 business numbers, 2 fax).

I smile at $200-$300 bills :thumbsup

yz450mm

Reaction score
I don't change phone numbers, or carriers.

Same number, and same carrier since the shoebox phone days, back when Verizon was AirTouch.

Hell yes, .49 a minute for local calls :thumbsup

View attachment 539130
I I convinced my parents to get me a cell phone when I was sixteen (1997), I think it was airtouch. I had a total of 20 minutes allowed per month, and I remember getting in trouble for talking well over that amount. I also remember the phone getting too hot to touch if I talked for more than 15 minutes at a time...