WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vertigo.. or?? anyone ever get it??

JBZ

Reaction score
I don't know if anyone has brought this up or not. I have Meniere's and it fucks with my balance. It also comes and goes. Do you have any tinnitus?
My step dad has Menieres. Diet really helps keep it in check

Joe mama

Reaction score
My friend has it and you have my sympathies.... I've researched it to better understand and man is that a bitch. No cure. He had a friend have surgery and the result was losing hearing in the ear and tinnitus still persist. He thinks it was shooting lots of guns at young age.... your guess sounds about right as well. I'm trying to think what he says works a bit to reduce it.... perhaps weed. That seems to be folks go to these past few years for about everything.
If that works I’m all for it.If I’m out working or there’s plenty of ambient noise I really don’t notice it. Once I’m home even with tv on shit is going off. I can see this driving you crazy especially if it gets worse over time. Mine started a month after having an MRI with contrast on my brain. I’m pretty sure something from that triggered this shit. Pretty sure the shit is called gadolinium that enhances and improves quality of the MRI. The MRI didn’t show anything abnormal which is good but if this was caused by the MRI that is not good.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Grads I hope and pray you have a superb medical team on your issues. You have had to deal with far more than your fair share of health problems lately.
Thank you. I feel like I have a good team. At this point I'm trying to be positive but at times it's getting tougher and tougher. Unfortunately my poor wife gets the brunt of it.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Thank you. I feel like I have a good team. At this point I'm trying to be positive but at times it's getting tougher and tougher. Unfortunately my poor wife gets the brunt of it.
sorry to hear this man. Keep your head up. Buy that shockwave before its too late. No greater stress reliever than being on the water.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Damn dude. I didn't know you were still dealing with this type of medical issue. I hope you get that BP under control. Let me know is you need anything.

Sent From Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score
Damn dude. I didn't know you were still dealing with this type of medical issue. I hope you get that BP under control. Let me know is you need anything.

Sent From Tapatalk
I appreciate that man. Blood pressure hasn't been an issue until the last 48 hours. They changed one of my medications and I woke up and couldn't see my eyes were so swollen shut and my BP was the highest I have ever seen it. They gave me the medication I normally take and I peed (no exaggeration) 35-40 times yesterday, dropped 9.5 lbs. in 24 hours and at last check my BP was 108/83.:eek: I'm still having tremors every day and because of that only sleeping 3-4 hours a night and its taking a toll on me.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I appreciate that man. Blood pressure hasn't been an issue until the last 48 hours. They changed one of my medications and I woke up and couldn't see my eyes were so swollen shut and my BP was the highest I have ever seen it. They gave me the medication I normally take and I peed (no exaggeration) 35-40 times yesterday, dropped 9.5 lbs. in 24 hours and at last check my BP was 108/83.:eek: I'm still having tremors every day and because of that only sleeping 3-4 hours a night and its taking a toll on me.

I will just leave this here... It's hiding on the FDA website.

preventable-adverse-drug-reactions-focus-drug-interactions.png

78Southwind

Reaction score
@GRADS what medication did they take you off of and what medication did they put you on? Can you go into detail about the tremors?

GRADS

Reaction score
@GRADS what medication did they take you off of and what medication did they put you on? Can you go into detail about the tremors?
It was a diuretic they took me off of because it was depleting me of potassium and I continually had low potassium on my blood tests. They put me on another diuretic that doesn't remove the potassium. Hydrochlothiazide was the one I was on normally and Spironolactone was the one they put me on last week. I'm back on the "HCTZ" and blood pressure is good.

As far as the tremors, they are internal tremors...not visible to anyone else. The only way I can explain it is anyone who has ever been shocked by 110, it feels like that. Sometimes it lasts seconds, sometimes up to an hour. I'll be in a dead sleep and boom, it comes on. Sometimes it's 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Either way it is driving me nuts. Also the blood thinners and high doses of cholesterol medicine are making my body hurt and not feel well. I've just got to make it through the first 6 months.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
It was a diuretic they took me off of because it was depleting me of potassium and I continually had low potassium on my blood tests. They put me on another diuretic that doesn't remove the potassium. Hydrochlothiazide was the one I was on normally and Spironolactone was the one they put me on last week. I'm back on the "HCTZ" and blood pressure is good.

As far as the tremors, they are internal tremors...not visible to anyone else. The only way I can explain it is anyone who has ever been shocked by 110, it feels like that. Sometimes it lasts seconds, sometimes up to an hour. I'll be in a dead sleep and boom, it comes on. Sometimes it's 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Either way it is driving me nuts. Also the blood thinners and high doses of cholesterol medicine are making my body hurt and not feel well. I've just got to make it through the first 6 months.

Are the shocks at the base of the brainstem (head and neck) or between the eyes?

GRADS

Reaction score
Are the shocks at the base of the brainstem (head and neck) or between the eyes?
Definitely not between the eyes, almost feels like a full body thing. More neck and body.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Definitely not between the eyes, almost feels like a full body thing. More neck and body.

Are there any other symptoms that go along with it (like tinnitus)? Do any of the shocks happen when you move your eyes/head from side to side? How is your vision?

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Are there any other symptoms that go along with it (like tinnitus)? Do any of the shocks happen when you move your eyes/head from side to side? How is your vision?
I have tinnitus constantly, either a ringing noise but mostly sounds like a cricket in my ear. My vision has changed and I'm going to see an ophthalmologist in a week. If I look forward it looks like a bunch of bugs flying in my perennial vision if that makes sense.

I have a cerebral artery that is completely blocked but they say is too invasive to operate on. I asked my doctor if it's going to kill me and he said you could die in a car accident tomorrow, go try to enjoy life.

Last edited:

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have tinnitus constantly, either a ringing noise but mostly sounds like a cricket in my ear. My vision has changed and I'm going to see an ophthalmologist in a week. If I look forward it looks like a bunch of bugs flying in my perennial vision if that makes sense.

I have a cerebral artery that is completely blocked but they say is too invasive to operate on. I asked my doctor if it's going to kill me and he said you could die in a car accident tomorrow, go try to enjoy life.

Are your eyes dry? Is your vision snowy/granulated? In low light does the bugs (as you say it) get worse? Is there any flashing of lights when you close your eyes and try to sleep? Did the doctors wean you off of Hctz before they put you on Spironolactone? If they didn't wean you off of Hctz did the symptoms happen within the first 3 to 7 days? Are there any other medications that you are on or have changed during the same period of time? Do you have any internal restlessness?

Last edited:

GRADS

Reaction score
Are your eyes dry? Is your vision snowy/granulated? In low light does the bugs (as you say it) get worse? Is there any flashing of lights when you close your eyes and try to sleep? Did the doctors wean you off of Hctz before they put you on Spironolactone? If they didn't wean you off of Hctz did the symptoms happen within the first 3 to 7 days? Are there any other medications that you are on or have changed during the same period of time? Do you have any internal restlessness?
Are you a doctor or something? Please don't troll me, now is not a good time but I could use a friend that knows. Yes, everything happened in 5 days. I'm not sure what internal restlessness is but I'm guessing that's what I'm feeling