WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Very Big Birds.

KevinR

Reaction score
These to Ospreys flew by my son’s construction site near the HOLLYWOOD sign on Friday. Not every day you catch a glimpse of these bad boys.

Taboma

Reaction score
These to Ospreys flew by my son’s construction site near the HOLLYWOOD sign on Friday. Not every day you catch a glimpse of these bad boys.

They pass our place often following I15 between Camp Pendleton and MCAS Miramar, although quieter than several friggin CH-53's in a formation, I prefer it when they're in airplane mode, much quieter. 👍

Mototrig

Reaction score

View attachment 977460
Those are an amazing sight to see in person. I live near Los Alimitos Naval base and these birds fly over once in awhile. Bad-o to see flying over your house

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
There are a couple of Military Training Contractors here in Parker. Ideal location for desert and water training. Ospreys fly out of Avi Suquilla pretty much all the time.

dspracing

Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to catch these guys up close at the Havasu airport. The sound and wind generated by these birds were incredible.

IMG_3162.JPEG

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I was up at Canon AF base off and on for 2 years doing a saber contract got to get real close ( inside ) to those and the 130 Whiskey and both drones very kool base , I also got to go out to the bombing range ( Melrose,Nm ) about 18 miles from CAF base , every time a Whiskey takes off they site in at bombing range , they don’t miss ☠️

KevinR

Reaction score
They pass our place often following I15 between Camp Pendleton and MCAS Miramar, although quieter than several friggin CH-53's in a formation, I prefer it when they're in airplane mode, much quieter. 👍

Nice!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Cool..seen them out over rice rd and parker.

WildHorses24

Reaction score
Cool..seen them out over rice rd and parker.

Funny story...

Parents live in Havasu and camp a lot with their neighbor who is a San Bern SD Detective. That area of Rice, Blythe, Midland etc is his beat. He says there’s a cool concrete pad out off rice rd and checked with his BLM contact to make sure it’s ok to camp. I head out a night early to surprise my parents over New Years since CA was either shut down or crowded. In the middle of the night I hear what I think is a helicopter, don’t think much of it from living in SoCal and always hearing them at night. It starts to get REALLY FUCKING loud, I peak out the window to see an Osprey hovering over the pad between my moho and another group on the far end of the pad. Holy shit! WTF!! The next day my parents and their neighbors show up, I tell them the story and he makes a call again to his BLM contact. Turns out the concrete pad is private property that was leased to the Gov for night maneuvers with the Osprey! We even got a visit the next day from a government employee in a white sedan who quickly put up no trespassing signs but was cool as shit and let us stay through the new year!
IMG_6446.jpg
View attachment 977874