WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

very new to outboards

LomitaBob

Reaction score
so the wife and I are thinking about buying a pontoon. my question is can you do preformance work to an outboard motor or would it be cheaper to just upgrade it. the boat we are looking at was packaged with a 60hp, I am gonna go with a 90 which is like $1500 more. I would like to go 115hp or bigger just cant afford the almost 3 grand differance.

stevel

Reaction score
I would get the biggest hp I could afford. Have you ever heard any one say I wish my boat had less power? I think it would be better to get a motor big enough for your boat and leave it all stock. It is always better to be using your boat at the river than having to work on it. Good luck with your purchase.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
so the wife and I are thinking about buying a pontoon. my question is can you do preformance work to an outboard motor or would it be cheaper to just upgrade it. the boat we are looking at was packaged with a 60hp, I am gonna go with a 90 which is like $1500 more. I would like to go 115hp or bigger just cant afford the almost 3 grand differance.

You can, but I dont think your gonna gain much with those 3cyl engines.

Is this a new toon your think'n about??

LomitaBob

Reaction score
yes it is a new partybarge 22. but the more I think about it I amthinking about finding one with an I/O set up that is a few years old. found a 07 22 foot with a 135 i/o for 18k

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
yes it is a new partybarge 22. but the more I think about it I amthinking about finding one with an I/O set up that is a few years old. found a 07 22 foot with a 135 i/o for 18k

i would look used for sure...

goin along at 20mph with those little outboards gets old Reeeeeeeeeeeeeel fast!! I have a v6 150 on my 28' toon, and it will go 43 all loaded up.

i dunno that i would want an i/o, but i would look for something with a v6 o/b at least.

:cool: