WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Victory Brings a fresh look to West Coast Boating

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivehard

Reaction score
2 OR 3 side to every story. Ive heard a few sides.
I WOULD BUY a boat from Dale.
Face book drama queens at Glamis. Apparently when you have money you also have time to NOT slander someone on the internet.
The very definition of slander is “the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation” what Jason posted wasn’t fake or made up. Those are pictures of the car he paid for and received so he has every right in the world to post them.
You say here about having money. Jason has bought a car and built another since this car to the tune of almost a half a million dollars and still owns them both and the last time I talked to him still owned the car in question and has spent tens of thousands correcting dales work. So to say someone who has money has time NOT to take to the internet to let people know the work you received is just plain silly. It’s pretty obvious Jason has plenty of money and this wasn’t about money.

I’d say hypocritical part of your post is that you may have slandered a man that posted something he paid for.

So Would you say those who were ripped off by Tim McDonald are “Facebook drama queens” or that they slandered him? Because being ripped of is being ripped off and Jason has every right to let people know.

Warlock1

Reaction score
Agreed... can someone with more in depth knowledge explain how these builders aren't pocketing $100k+ per boat?

And by that I just mean motors, boat, rigging, man hours. I know that they have other types of expenses, so a healthy margin is expected to cover those as well. I still don't see it.
They're banking good money I guarantee it....

riverroyal

Reaction score
The very definition of slander is “the action or crime of making a false spoken statement damaging to a person's reputation” what Jason posted wasn’t fake or made up. Those are pictures of the car he paid for and received so he has every right in the world to post them.
You say here about having money. Jason has bought a car and built another since this car to the tune of almost a half a million dollars and still owns them both and the last time I talked to him still owned the car in question and has spent tens of thousands correcting dales work. So to say someone who has money has time NOT to take to the internet to let people know the work you received is just plain silly. It’s pretty obvious Jason has plenty of money and this wasn’t about money.

I’d say hypocritical part of your post is that you may have slandered a man that posted something he paid for.

So Would you say those who were ripped off by Tim McDonald are “Facebook drama queens” or that they slandered him? Because being ripped of is being ripped off and Jason has every right to let people know.
All I’m saying is river Dave the human owns this place. He tries to do what’s right for this place and his business.
but it never fucking fails the threads go sideways.
bash all you want on this site. It has no real impact on me.
Sue everyone. Talk shit about every one.
I liked seeing this boat, the product. If dale has issues with you or anyone else start a new thread. Flame away on a thread NOT started by the guy that owns the fucking website.
can we come in your place of work and shit all over it?

it’s just not cool. Neither is a 250k sand car that is not build well.

riverroyal

Reaction score

The guys ripped off by Tim kept their mouths shut to not screw up their lawsuits. They did speak up once the cat was out of the bag after Tim was on the run.
yes as a boating community we’re glad to hear about Tim and his business dealings.

Dale is now going to need to dig out of a hole by posts on this thread.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Just a thought. With prop pitch that high at what point do they change the ratio on the lower? Won't you get too much tail lift with that pitch or more?

Drivehard

Reaction score
All I’m saying is river Dave the human owns this place. He tries to do what’s right for this place and his business.
but it never fucking fails the threads go sideways.
bash all you want on this site. It has no real impact on me.
Sue everyone. Talk shit about every one.
I liked seeing this boat, the product. If dale has issues with you or anyone else start a new thread. Flame away on a thread NOT started by the guy that owns the fucking website.
can we come in your place of work and shit all over it?

it’s just not cool. Neither is a 250k sand car that is not build well.
I get your point. Maybe you should have just said that first instead of calling out others who have had dealings with some of these guys.
I bought a boat from that POS Tim and I wouldn’t want people to go through what I went through. Had someone posted things about his business dealings ahead of my buying, I would not have made that mistake. Absolutely none of what has been said is any sort of anything against rd, it’s in regards to dale and his well documented poor business decisions. When I bought that boat Tim had one of dales cars and a trophy truck in his building and I can’t remember it all but told me they were tied somehow with family and business.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
I get your point. Maybe you should have just said that first instead of calling out others who have had dealings with some of these guys.
I bought a boat from that POS Tim wouldn’t want people to go through what I went through. Had someone posted things about his business dealings ahead of my buying, I would not have made that mistake. Absolutely none of what has been said is any sort of anything against rd, it’s in regards to dale and his well documented poor business decisions. When I bought that boat Tim had one of dales cars and a trophy truck in his building and I can’t remember it all but told me they were tied somehow with family and business.
Im sure i could have made my post more clear. I usually skip things due to slow thumbs.
I also hear you and the off road guys loud and clear.
I had a one year legal battle with weekend warrior which i won. But by the time the time a year went by i gave up on the desert altogether. Sold all the toys, no way to get them there.
So the frustration is real. It was a lifestyle change to stop going but we were stuck.

I dont know the guy representing these boats. Ive seen him. Dont know him. I know very little about racer engineering.

I do like seeing articles on here, or other forums. Im not a buyer in that tax bracket but i can appreciate anything built by hand that goes fast.
Thats all this thread was for me.
Cheers

Drivehard

Reaction score
Im sure i could have made my post more clear. I usually skip things due to slow thumbs.
I also hear you and the off road guys loud and clear.
I had a one year legal battle with weekend warrior which i won. But by the time the time a year went by i gave up on the desert altogether. Sold all the toys, no way to get them there.
So the frustration is real. It was a lifestyle change to stop going but we were stuck.

I dont know the guy representing these boats. Ive seen him. Dont know him. I know very little about racer engineering.

I do like seeing articles on here, or other forums. Im not a buyer in that tax bracket but i can appreciate anything built by hand that goes fast.
Thats all this thread was for me.
Cheers
Words of a true gentleman, I also appreciate all things hand built that go fast and my apologies if it seems as though I wasn’t clear enough in what I was getting at. Any sort of headache or heartache tests ones willingness and/ or commitment especially if it’s not something necessary to life. The off-road community usually sticks together, it just so happens that a alot of us are lucky enough in this life to be a part of the boating community as well and feel it’s a responsibility to help safeguard each other as much as possible.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Just a thought. With prop pitch that high at what point do they change the ratio on the lower? Won't you get too much tail lift with that pitch or more?
Whoa whoa whoa...this is no place for prop questions....😏

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I didn’t know there was a “west coast” dealer, I thought Randy at FB Marine was the US dealer. Maybe they’re marketing different models..?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Agreed... can someone with more in depth knowledge explain how these builders aren't pocketing $100k+ per boat?

And by that I just mean motors, boat, rigging, man hours. I know that they have other types of expenses, so a healthy margin is expected to cover those as well. I still don't see it.

I will happily explain it.. They are pocketing a 100k per boat. :D. In some cases more! :D :D.

It’s a free market and there is no set pricing. Value is set at what the market will bare and the customers will pay.

I had a friend price a double throw down twin outboards cat recently with all the bells and whistles and the bad ass trailer and it came out to 750k.. He said whoa.. what? They said no problem if he doesn’t want it, they got a waiting list. Well known Mfg that is selling more of these things than anyone right now.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave curious, we have some slight bashing of the manufacturer and people expressing displeasure with the price, putting "doubt in a potential buyers mind." How is this any different than making negative comments on a Facebook classified ad?? Asking for a friend.

I will happily answer this in another thread Joe

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

good question for another thread.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's an interesting line to walk or "balance" when it comes to situations like this on the web. It would be so much easier to run an editorial only website where there is no comments.. Or a magazine where the only communication is a letter to the editor or "tech talk" (which most of those are BS by the way)

It's editorial only, and magazines that allowed a lot of terrible things to happen in this particular industry, combine that with advertising dollars and the word "corrupt" doesn't even begin to describe what has transpired in the past 20-30 years. I have been with several boat Mfg's that discussed when they were brought into a room and asked "which award would you like to win? Best Gel? or ?. Hell John West from Ultra openly talked about it on this forum, as did others.

I personally owned a boat that was "tested" by the magazines and had rave reviews only to find out it should have been named "flipper" because that thing porpoised so bad, and we had to figure out how to make it work. It was a far cry from the articles I had read and I absolutely refuse to support that or take part in it.

With regard to the forum, @ RDP we have always taken the approach that we don't allow "bashing" of mfg's. It's a bit of a grey area that I have explained countless times in the past, and will so again right now.

"Bashing" = That guy is a crook. That Mfg sucks.. Insert a bunch of expletives here.. without actually having any real proof of the matter etc..

The only thing that I (being RiverDave that owns RiverDavesPlace.com) is if you are unhappy with a mfg you conduct yourself somewhat professional about it and share the experience. I have zero problems with someone saying "I didn't get what I paid for, and this is why." I have zero problems with someone saying "The product I received was subpar and this is why".

As much as some people think (especially with regards to a certain member that gets banned continuously) I / We have always ran this place with a spine, even if it costs me personally $$. We have never allowed ad dollars to affect the way we run the forums, or our boat reviews & tests (tests were subbed to a 3rd party whom has no idea of our ad revenue etc..).

Any questions on that go read the rules sticky'd at the top of the forum since day 1. Go read the mfg rules in the sub forums again sticky'd since day1.

However this isn't the 70's where a mfg would burn a bunch of people, and reopen down the street with the same name and adding the word "custom" in there under the new business name. This is in fact the age of information and people should be aware of peoples character, their business practices, and their products. From there they can make their own decisions whether they want to do business with that person or not.

In short I won't "hide" this from anyone, nor will I delete it. It all appears to be pretty well documented and true. This isn't some bitter lovers quarrel or something..

On the inverse of that though the thread was about the boat, not Racer Engineering (even if they are tied at the hip.).

From my personal stand point with regard to Dale and Victory and the boast.

If we end up with a Victory to review or if one shows up at our impending tests this year, we will give the boat an unbiased report of how we felt the boat was built, how it performed, and what we liked about it and disliked. I can make the promise that it will be the most accurate, and incorruptible boat tests that I am able to provide.

With regard to the thread.. I'm not surprised to be honest. The cross over from offroad & boating is Huge. Generally speaking if a person is into one, they are going to be into the other as well (No Different than Dale and his multitude of nice boats that he has owned, and obviously his primary business building Sand Cars.). If there is skeletons in the closet they were going to come out. Better to have it come out early and deal with it head on, than deal with it later.

The information is here now, and won't be censored or deleted. It's searchable / indexable etc..

To go back to the beginning of the thread where I said there is a "balance" we aren't going to delete anything or hide anything.. that said we aren't going to go promoting it either. We are a boating (and custom vehicles / projects) website at heart, and a community. I'll lock the thread to stop any further responses with regard to it, and we will press on. Who knows.. maybe we will actually be able to talk about the boat at some point. (Wouldn't that be nice?). If you are really that worried about it, you can post a link to the locked thread later.

RD

pixrthis

Reaction score
Personally I like to know what I’m dealing with when spendinging that kind of money and appreciate the info from other members, what I do with the info is my business. I also like that the RDP community generally looks out and tries to help each other.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Personally I like to know what I’m dealing with when spendinging that kind of money and appreciate the info from other members, what I do with the info is my business. I also like that the RDP community generally looks out and tries to help each other.

Anybody buying a boat if this caliber better do thie research. It’s searchable and easily found.
I forgot to lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.