WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Video of my heat

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Just figured I would post this as I'm pretty proud of it...short video my buddy made for me of my 97 heat....he's no producer so be gentle hahaha

sorry if this is in the wrong section

lbhsbz

Reaction score
why does it porpoise in smooth water?

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
needs a -2 lower..I've been told that will solve that problem..no matter where the trim is at it will do it unless you bury the tabs

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum!

First off, let me say after watching the video you guys are definitely my kind of people! If you ever make it out west, would love to have a beer.

On the porpoise front, the old Non Step Nordic's do that. If you want the bad news, I'm not sure a neg 2 is going to solve that problem to be honest. I don't have a lot of experience with the non step 28's, but I had a 22 and that thing should've been named flipper. I ended up making a whale tail for it, and it got rid of the problems and actually added speed on the top end (as well as decreased planing time etc.)

The real downside is we ended up making something like 11 of them before I settled in on one that really worked well with the boat. I'd have to dig up pics but I have them somewhere.

If you can find someone with a non stepped heat that they got dialed in without that, I'd definitely take their advice before mine..

Enjoyed the video quite a bit, and love seeing the differences in boating from the various parts in the country! The scenery out there and the water look amazing.

RD

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
yea the Cumberland trip was amazing!! I'm hoping to time things out with money, time, and weather to make it out west and bring her back to her maker lol...I'm hopefully taking her to Nordic next winter/spring to get some interior updates done

As far as the porpoise...I found a thread a few months ago that the guy claimed the -2 helped if not totally solved the problem..I hope that's the case!!! I never considered a -2 lower till reading that...Something to do with the x-dimension being deep I believe is what the problem is with the non steps but I may have read it wrong

So yes for sure if/when I make it out west I'll be looking for a party and be starting a thread on here!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Make sure that guy is running at least some kind of similar power or speeds as you are or will be..

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Where do you guys live and where do you boat mostly? I want to do a Cumberland trip, but the girls in my group don't want to do a houseboat. I'll be spending a lot of time at Lanier, Hartwell, Allatoona...all the lakes around Atlanta, for the next few years. If you ever go down there, let me know!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Cool video!!

My buddy had an early 28, and it porpoised almost constantly.. you couldn’t stop it. It is what it is.. lol. Nice boat bud!!, welcome!

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
Porpoiseing isn't a drive depth issue. It's a hull issue. Hook and rocker are the things to look for. Spend money on straightening the bottom before raising the prop height .

nowski

Reaction score
First off don't be Sorry for giving us some boating content, we should be Thanking You!!! Cool video. Freedom to Boat now that's the American Dream...

JD D05

Reaction score
It is porpoising because you water ski behind it. :D

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
great video
That lake is on my wana list
Welcome to the zoo

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys!! As far as where I boat...I'm in southwest Michigan so most of my boating is done on Lake Michigan out of St joseph...I did do hot boat weekend at hardy dam near grand rapids Michigan last year and I cant wait till this year!!! One of the best weekends of my life

I'll try to dig up the thread I was referring to where the -2 helped the porpoise..I agree that its probably more to do with the hull than the drive but if a -2 will help I'm betting that will be cheaper than redoing the bottom of the hull hahaha

queens...haven't had a chance to look at those links yet..will check them out shortly..also have a couple short idleing videos right when I bought it I can share once I get them uploaded

Again...thanks for all the kind words fellas!!

Stewart

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Honestly I think you’d be money ahead out of taking some of the rocker out of the boat and keeping the Bravo.

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
So after looking at the threads queens posted....I realized I'm not up on the lingo as far as hull terms hahah..what do you mean by rocker?? sorry for the ignorance...I'm more of a motor guy hahahaha

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score
So after looking at the threads queens posted....I realized I'm not up on the lingo as far as hull terms hahah..what do you mean by rocker?? sorry for the ignorance...I'm more of a motor guy hahahaha
Take a straight edge to your bottom.

CobraDave

Reaction score
Cool vid! We need more of those on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Hula i'll give you a call when I can..I work nights at the moment so I'm at work

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Lake Cuberland is an incredable lake. There are plenty of great places to stay, right on the water, without a houseboat - Jamestown Marina Hotel / State Dock Hotel/ Lee's Ford Motel would be in my top three - i've stayed at all 3. Early in the season they have alot of wood in the lake due to the huge dept swing, winter to spring, but after June, you should be fine. The fall poker run/raft up is the boating event of the east as far as i'm concerned

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
tried posting the other short videos but they are in the wrong format I guess...trying to figure out how to convert them hahaha

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
Yea I def want to make it down for the poker run sometime...looks amazing!!

Jed-O

Shitter was full!
Reaction score
Welcome to RDP Stewart! Nice looking Nordic! Judging by the video, you will fit right in here.
Jed-0

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
hahaha thanks!! def like to have fun on the boat...I can post the video of the actual houseboat trip if anyone is interested..it has some of the footage from the boat video in it plus more of the houseboat shenanigans lol

BBYSTWY

Reaction score
State dock....launched my boat just up from them in that monstrosity of a boat ramp carved into the quarry put all of our shit on my boat then I met everyone at statedock and transferred it all to the houseboat....was the most nerve racking trip with my ocd and shit all over my boat hahahaha

We basically used my boat to hunt out cool spots and would move the houseboat up to that spot then I tied off to the houseboat....I slept on mine and used it for skiing and tubing obviously but also blasted around quite a bit while we were there...it was a blast...very highly recommend it!!