WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

(Video) The Pomona Swap meet is back!

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Since this was the 1st swap meet since Covid and it sold out, I grabbed the video camera and ran down to the Fairplex at 5:30 am. I wanted to shoot arrivals primarily. I must have had 4 or 5 people yell Sharp shooter at me and I have no idea who they were. lol Nice to meet you and your wife Sherpa! I hope you left with a full wagon! :) Thanks for watching!

DWC

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the video. Bummed we missed it. Tough to beat the swapper in good weather. Looked like the Vette area filled up nicely, even a couple for sale. :cool: Guessing the VW spot was jam packed based on the early traffic.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
That's cool. Did you go and check out the complete cars for sale. I've never been wondering what the prices are like. I'll take a 70 1/2 z28 please 😉

Yeah, towards the end of the vid I included a few. Most prices IMO were through the roof!

Thank you very much for the video. Bummed we missed it. Tough to beat the swapper in good weather. Looked like the Vette area filled up nicely, even a couple for sale. :cool: Guessing the VW spot was jam packed based on the early traffic.

The VW area was packed! The whole place was packed! I was parked at the bottom of the dragstrip even at 5:30am.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Ahhh, the good ole days

I have bought and sold cars there. Awesome

Magic Mike

Reaction score
I’ve been going there 30 years buying and selling cars, parts, antiques never seen it like yesterday. Hundreds of cars in line, many overheating because it was taking so long. They closed the gates I heard around 9 or 10 it was so full, left at noon and there were tons of cars on the streets outside.
“Pomona prices” were absolutely insane…

hawgty55

Reaction score
Had a buddy down there trying to sell a couple trucks.
IMG958975.jpg

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I’ve been going there 30 years buying and selling cars, parts, antiques never seen it like yesterday. Hundreds of cars in line, many overheating because it was taking so long. They closed the gates I heard around 9 or 10 it was so full, left at noon and there were tons of cars on the streets outside.
“Pomona prices” were absolutely insane…

I saw 3 or 4 cars rollin in with their hoods up and some being pushed. One guy in (in the video) said it took him 2 hours to get in and another said 30 min. Took me an hour.

hawgty55

Reaction score
My buddy was in line at 330 am to get in my other friend got in line at 630 and didn't make it in. 1st time ever they closed all the entrances.

Reactions: DWC

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
A guy at work said he got there at 8am. Got in at 9:30. $15 a vehicle.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I think paid $15 to park and $15 more to enter. I’m sure it’s cheaper to bring in a Hot Rod.