WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Viewpoint Estates LHC

DMF

Reaction score
This development is right behind us in Northpointe. I noticed everytime it rains they get a lot of washout damage. Also, they are surrounded by sand. Which means landscaping will be covered in sand and need to be replaced every few years.

satellitemike

Reaction score
This development is right behind us in Northpointe. I noticed everytime it rains they get a lot of washout damage. Also, they are surrounded by sand. Which means landscaping will be covered in sand and need to be replaced every few years.
Have they built anything in there yet or is it still in the early development stages? I would assume once they get going they should be able to figure out the runoff issues.

Still kicking myself for not buying in there years ago. Anything in there for sale worth looking at?

DMF

Reaction score
Utilities are in and roads are paved in what looks like phase 1. The last time I checked it out a couple of weeks ago, there was one house framed and another lot had a slab poured.

satellitemike

Reaction score

DMF

Reaction score
Are you in Northpoint too?
Can you ride down to the water or is it restricted?
It is restricted. That is the refuge and it is fenced off. You can walk and hike to the waterline. There are no motorized vehicles allowed. The waterline behind our developments is actually in the river between Blankenship Bend and the mouth to Havasu.

satellitemike

Reaction score
It is restricted. That is the refuge and it is fenced off. You can walk and hike to the waterline. There are no motorized vehicles allowed. The waterline behind our developments is actually in the river between Blankenship Bend and the mouth to Havasu.
Kind of what I thought was the deal. How long to walk down to the water, 5 to 10 min?

DMF

Reaction score
Probably. To be honest, my son and I were always riding so I have never walked down there. I have gone with the kids to Cyrstal beach and jumped off the cliffs into the water. It was only 5 minutes or less to walk from where you park the truck.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Are you in Northpoint too?
Can you ride down to the water or is it restricted?
Not me. Just down the street in another subdivision. I'm on our hoa board and knew our management company did Viewpoint too.
You can ride along the fenceline as DMF said and take a short walk to the lake depending on where you're at.
You used to be able to go to Castle rock along the fence until Viewpoint came in and they blocked it off
The dunes are fun by Castle Rock and nice views at the top
20161120_1022581_zpsbxd5bklq by 185 EZ, on Flickr

Last edited:

satellitemike

Reaction score
Not me. Just down the street in another subdivision. I'm on our hoa board and knew our management company did Viewpoint too.
You can ride along the fenceline as DMF said and take a short walk to the lake depending on where you're at.
You used to be able to go to Castle rock along the fence until Viewpoint came in and they blocked it off
The dunes are fun by Castle Rock and nice views at the top
Please tell me the HOA board isn't a bunch of older retirees that love the power and have nothing better to do than complain about everything like they do here in CA?
Can you bike on the walking trails to the water?

Reactions: DWC

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Please tell me the HOA board isn't a bunch of older retirees that love the power and have nothing better to do than complain about everything like they do here in CA?
Our board? no. We're laid back and have a good time with everyone. Viewpoint doesn't have a board yet that I know of.
Most of the trails are fairly sandy especially just getting to them.
There's a parking lot by Castle Rock and a very short walk to the lake/river. You can launch kayaks there

DMF

Reaction score
Our Northpointe HOA is super easy to deal with. We built a pool and they were great to work with. Nothing like Ca HOA's. They don't let the neighbors let there yards go, but they also are not up your ass about every weed either. We came from a mobile home park in Needles in 2013 and they have never raised the monthly dues. I have no complaints.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Our Northpointe HOA is super easy to deal with. We built a pool and they were great to work with. Nothing like Ca HOA's. They don't let the neighbors let there yards go, but they also are not up your ass about every weed either. We came from a mobile home park in Needles in 2013 and they have never raised the monthly dues. I have no complaints.
Which park? We sold our place in Palms river resort last year.

DMF

Reaction score
Which park? We sold our place in Palms river resort last year.
We came from the Palms as well. We bought in the there in 2007 and sold in 2013 to come to Havasu. I liked the Palms, but I absolutely hated paying space rent, boat storage, and property taxes on land that I didn't own. Buying in Havasu was the best decision we have made.

DWC

Reaction score
:oops:
Is there any other kind of HOA? Got 3 letters this week dated the same day to trim the palms. Date was 4-5 days after i trimmed them.

satellitemike

Reaction score
We came from the Palms as well. We bought in the there in 2007 and sold in 2013 to come to Havasu. I liked the Palms, but I absolutely hated paying space rent, boat storage, and property taxes on land that I didn't own. Buying in Havasu was the best decision we have made.
We probably shared a beer or two over the years? We bought in April of 08, space 107 across from the pool 3rd from the end towards the river.
Ditto on the space rent!
I want to have all are ducks in a row in case there is a bump in the economy. I think the next election will be dictating if we are buying in a year or two. Hope trump can keep the ship pointed in the right direction and keep his mouth shut! I know the latter isn't going to happen but one can always dream.

DMF

Reaction score
We probably shared a beer or two over the years? We bought in April of 08, space 107 across from the pool 3rd from the end towards the river.
Ditto on the space rent!
I want to have all are ducks in a row in case there is a bump in the economy. I think the next election will be dictating if we are buying in a year or two. Hope trump can keep the ship pointed in the right direction and keep his mouth shut! I know the latter isn't going to happen but one can always dream.
Sounds like you were by Lucas and Penny? We were in space 66, the green house with the large carport. It's on the corner of ramp road at the bottom of the hill below the water tank.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Lucas and Penny were across the street. Good peps, but they split up about 5 or 6 years ago.

DMF

Reaction score
Lucas and Penny were across the street. Good peps, but they split up about 5 or 6 years ago.
Yeah, Lucas got remarried. He lives in Yucaipa now near the Bartlett's. I still see Lucas in the neighborhood from time to time.

satellitemike

Reaction score
Yeah, Lucas got remarried. He lives in Yucaipa now near the Bartlett's. I still see Lucas in the neighborhood from time to time.
Pam and Henry are trying to sell now. I think the Fredricksons were near you?

DMF

Reaction score
Jesse was next door. The Fredricksons were a few houses down. I just saw Henry at Redlands Ford a few weeks ago. He was picking up a few cars.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
:oops:
Is there any other kind of HOA? Got 3 letters this week dated the same day to trim the palms. Date was 4-5 days after i trimmed them.

you must not have cut them enough. LOL

Gotta love HOAs.

You just have to understand the rules, follow them and be ready for a “discussion“ when they are wrong. I don’t mind it. I follow the rules and it keeps the lazy neighbors on their game to keep property values up.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Our board? no. We're laid back and have a good time with everyone. Viewpoint doesn't have a board yet that I know of.
Most of the trails are fairly sandy especially just getting to them.
There's a parking lot by Castle Rock and a very short walk to the lake/river. You can launch kayaks there

where are you at in the Refuge?

lavey jr

Reaction score
Anybody have any recent info on this place?
I've been looking to build a place in Havasu and would like some recent feedback. Thanks!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Fuck me . . . 2 - biggest mistakes I've made in life (so far) was not buying a fixer-upper house I could have snagged for $160K 2 blocks from the the beach in Huntington Beach in the mid 90's . . . and at least buying a smal piece of dirt somewhere along the river . . . wouldn't even have to be 'on' the river. Now it's all out of my price range and I'm hosed . . . I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you guys !

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Anybody have any recent info on this place?
I've been looking to build a place in Havasu and would like some recent feedback. Thanks!
If you want sand in every orifice of your body when the wind blows then this is the place lol
The Refuge was same way until they made everyone put gravel on their empty lots. It helped but pools still get trashed when the wind blows
But I would give anything to have one of those giant garages

rush1

Reaction score
Fuck me . . . 2 - biggest mistakes I've made in life (so far) was not buying a fixer-upper house I could have snagged for $160K 2 blocks from the the beach in Huntington Beach in the mid 90's . . . and at least buying a smal piece of dirt somewhere along the river . . . wouldn't even have to be 'on' the river. Now it's all out of my price range and I'm hosed . . . I'll continue to live vicariously through all of you guys !
Story of my life!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
If you want sand in every orifice of your body when the wind blows then this is the place lol
The Refuge was same way until they made everyone put gravel on their empty lots. It helped but pools still get trashed when the wind blows
But I would give anything to have one of those giant garages
Still plenty of sand. Wind blows mainly from the north, straight down the river into our house, and all of the Viewpoint sand ends up in our house. North facing windows have little sand drifts on them when it blows.