WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vintage Hallett Regatta Shirt

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
My wife was going through some boxes and found the shirt below. It has never even been washed. Brand New. It’s a small, so I can’t wear it. I might buy a glass sports jersey display and put it on my wall for old time sake. I thought you would get a kick out of it. It’s the 1999 regatta that was held at Lake Mead.

C-2 was there too, but I think we already knew each other through the AZ Hot Boat Club, which turned into Desert Storm. Also a there’s a few others that were there, who are on the forums. That’s when they took the “Hundred and Fifty Feet of Hallett” pic.

FCB11E95-7756-432A-B9E5-52BFF8EA4EF6.jpeg

1956C78C-FD1D-4762-BCD3-9368F5737AC7.jpeg

shock22

Reaction score
My wife was going through some boxes and found the shirt below. It has never even been washed. Brand New. It’s a small, so I can’t wear it. I might buy a glass sports jersey display and put it on my wall for old time sake. I thought you would get a kick out of it. It’s the 1999 regatta that was held at Lake Mead.

C-2 was there too, but I think we already knew each other through the AZ Hot Boat Club, which turned into Desert Storm. Also a there’s a few others that were there, who are on the forums. That’s when they took the “Hundred and Fifty Feet of Hallett” pic.

View attachment 982150
View attachment 982151
We were at Mead that day in our Baja and enjoyed the show

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
Nice find! That was a great trip, back then a 34' boat was HUUUGE and that 100' of Hallett was impressive. I remember that all yellow 27' was also something "new."

What was the name of your other friend with the 210' that looked like Sammy Hagar - wasn't he there too?

Epic boating days, especially the first 4 or 5 poker runs.

Thanks for sharing.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Nice find! That was a great trip, back then a 34' boat was HUUUGE and that 100' of Hallett was impressive. I remember that all yellow 27' was also something "new."

What was the name of your other friend with the 210' that looked like Sammy Hagar - wasn't he there too?

Epic boating days, especially the first 4 or 5 poker runs.

Thanks for sharing.

His name was Chuck...... We all called him Sammy! I saw him a few years ago and he still had the Hallett.

On the 3rd Poker Run, I thought I won the event, but at the last minute someone turned in a better card hand than me, so I came in 2nd. I still have the trophy. After that, Val and I helped you guys throw the event. I worked every card station at some point. Those were some great times. I hope you and your family are doing well!

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
That's a great shirt. I have an AZ Hot Boats T shirt from one of the first poker runs somewhere in my closet. I think it's from 1999 if I remember correctly.

Kthien915

Reaction score
Miss the old hallett regatta days, I used to go to every one up to 2007 I believe was the last event. My pops and I would grab a shirt every year it was put on. Now I'm looking forward to halletts in Havasu!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
The events put on by Hallett and family were top shelf events ! Proud to be part of the Hallett family . To this day , Hallett’s are a revered brand .

Hammer

Reaction score
Miss the old hallett regatta days, I used to go to every one up to 2007 I believe was the last event. My pops and I would grab a shirt every year it was put on. Now I'm looking forward to halletts in Havasu!

Put it on the Calendar HIH 2021 is Sept. 10-12th this year... Shirt designs already in the works. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kthien915

Reaction score
Put it on the Calendar HIH 2021 is Sept. 10-12th this year... Shirt designs already in the works. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just put it down, right before my 32nd birthday should be a good time !

C-2

Reaction score
His name was Chuck...... We all called him Sammy! I saw him a few years ago and he still had the Hallett.

On the 3rd Poker Run, I thought I won the event, but at the last minute someone turned in a better card hand than me, so I came in 2nd. I still have the trophy. After that, Val and I helped you guys throw the event. I worked every card station at some point. Those were some great times. I hope you and your family are doing well!

That's right, Chuck. Our friends had the 210 jet and our other friends had the 210 w/502 and Bravo 3 setup. That 99' regatta taught me why 210's have 80-gallon tanks, lol.

The third Heatwave? Working card stations was the best!

I ran the first Heatwave poker run in April 99 as a participant and then I started promoting it. I remember at the Hallett Regatta in 99' I asked Jerry if I could hand out flyers and stuff, but he wasn't too happy with that idea, lol (I know you remember we staged Spring and Fall poker runs back then until everybody got burned out).

Man, those first few years of poker runs, with the shotgun starts, were the best. From start to finish the entire event was a blast. Then things got all wonky with all the heavy-hitters showing up and I tapped out after 10-years.

My family and I are great. You knew me back when I was a sloppy drunk, but next month will mark 15-years of no drinking and just a few days ago my daughter turned 18. How time flies! I am an investigator with the State of CA now and I really like it.

From the very first poker run...

heatwave99.2.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
That's a great shirt. I have an AZ Hot Boats T shirt from one of the first poker runs somewhere in my closet. I think it's from 1999 if I remember correctly.

The various forms of cooked Rice were always fun to hang with! Good to see ya, Greg.