WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vintage Hotrod Ins.....

instagator

Reaction score
Who would be a good contact to get hotrod Insurance Thru ?

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My dad has his 64 GTO insured through State Farm

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
I use Grundy, their prices were better than Hagerty and if you have several cars the price goes down even lower.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
I use state farm on both my classics. Very fair price. But I have all my stuff insured through them.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Hagerty is a bunch of Shitweasels, in my opinion. They cancelled me after taking me because my Chevelle has "too much power"

<----------This Chevelle. Auto Owners took it with all my other junk and the yearly was 220.00 or something.

chelow.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hagerty is a bunch of Shitweasels, in my opinion. They cancelled me after taking me because my Chevelle has "too much power"

<----------This Chevelle. Auto Owners took it with all my other junk and the yearly was 220.00 or something.

View attachment 1063164

It was the beadlocks that tipped off those shitweasels.

boatpi

Reaction score
you may get the best price with a broker and American Modern

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Hagerty wouldn’t insure my Chevelle (now gone) either however, they do have a decent motorcycle plan. I just added a 67 Yamaha trailmaster to my existing policy. $4300 stipulated value, $300,000 full coverage including liability, uninsured motorist, etc. and the annual cost is $14. I couldn’t believe it at first however, I now suspect they rightly think I only ride one bike at a time. I wish Geico had the same thought process for cars..

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
My Lightning and Fairlane are both insured with Hagerty. The Cobra will be too once its finished.

I don't remember the exact numbers off hand but I pretty sure my insurance is roughly $35/mo/car. Agreed value of 15k on each. They've been very nice to deal with thus far

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I have a Cobra replica that has been insured through American Family for 15 years. I also have my other cars and homeowners insurance through amfam.

PlanB

Reaction score
American Modern on the Cobra but been thinking about switching to Hagerty.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Hagerty wanted me to dyno my Camaro , I said sure if yall pay. I’m curious exact horsepower my self 😂🤣

USAA did not require dyno

rrrr

Reaction score

View attachment 1063164

That's impossible.

😁

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I use State Farm. I kno alotta peeps that use Hagerty but my bud is having a bad time with them right now over his 65 chevelle after a 100’ eucalyptus tree fell over it 2 mos ago. Sent him a check thru a third party for 3200 for repairs and thats it. He is trying to fight with them.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Everyone with a classic regardless of where its insured make sure you have stated/guaranteed value on the vehicle.

I know you’re in the business, but I would not want stated value for a classic car. It is different from guaranteed (agreed) value. IMO, a classic car owner should have guaranteed (agreed) value.

I’m not sure how other classic car policies work, but with Grundy, they bump your agreed value amount up each year which is a nice feature.

rrrr

Reaction score
I know you’re in the business, but I would not want stated value for a classic car. It is different from guaranteed (agreed) value. IMO, a classic car owner should have guaranteed (agreed) value.

I’m not sure how other classic car policies work, but with Grundy, they bump your agreed value amount up each year which is a nice feature.
How are they different? I've always heard those terms used interchangeably.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
How are they different? I've always heard those terms used interchangeably.

Stated value establishes an upper limit, but doesn’t mean the insurance will pay that amount upon total loss or theft. Basically an Actual Cash Value policy with an upper limit.

Agreed value does establish the value the insurance company will pay to policyholder upon total loss or theft. The policyholder has provided proof of the value upfront and the insurance company has agreed they will pay that at time of loss.

My only intent with this is that everyone has their classic car properly insured. Know exactly what you’ll be paid at loss instead of hope to be paid.

PlanB

Reaction score
The value of our Cobra has gone up at least 20K since we bought it 15 years ago but insurance requires an appraisal. You would think they could look at what current ones are selling for and just bump it. 20K increase over our current agreed value is actually conservative compared to what a similar car would sell for these days.