WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Vizsla puppy wanted...

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
We are looking for a Vizsla puppy. No adults or adoptions. We have been on 2 waiting lists for months, but it may be a while for either list to produce. We would like to get puppy while wife is still working from home and we have more time to spend training. Otherwise, the dog goes to work with me every day, which will still occasionally happen.
Anyone on here know of a breeder? We are in PHX but will travel for dog. Currently have a Chessie. Have had many other dogs, but would like to go this direction.
Thought old RDP may come through... again. Appreciate any help.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I don't have any help to find a breeder, but I looked a Vizslas and Ridgebacks about 10 years ago. Seem like good dogs. My next dog will either be Vizsla or a herding dog of some sort.

Sent From Tapatalk

Tooned Up

Reaction score
My daughter’s best friends family breeds them out near Whitman/Surprise area. I can check to see if they have a litter on the way.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I have been studying this breed for a couple years now. I follow Wall Canyon Vizslas on IG. Amazing dogs and a awesome breeder. Based in Montana.

We are looking for a Vizsla puppy. No adults or adoptions. We have been on 2 waiting lists for months, but it may be a while for either list to produce. We would like to get puppy while wife is still working from home and we have more time to spend training. Otherwise, the dog goes to work with me every day, which will still occasionally happen.
Anyone on here know of a breeder? We are in PHX but will travel for dog. Currently have a Chessie. Have had many other dogs, but would like to go this direction.
Thought old RDP may come through... again. Appreciate any help.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
My daughter’s best friends family breeds them out near Whitman/Surprise area. I can check to see if they have a litter on the way.
That would be awesome. Thank you.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
I have been studying this breed for a couple years now. I follow Wall Canyon Vizslas on IG. Amazing dogs and a awesome breeder. Based in Montana.
I will check them out. Thank you. I can actually swing an in person pickup from Montana relatively easily due to in-state friends that would love to make a drive for a pup.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
How about a pic of what they look like never heard of that bread.
91DEC3FB-5F71-43AC-945B-CBDEAA52952B.png

Just kidding!!!

0A9B495B-246E-4A3C-B3EE-A72C0510F9FA.jpeg

832FD46E-903F-477F-B823-784FC9532301.jpeg
9D8F887C-FCB0-431B-8AE1-8D08F457C3CC.jpeg

Tail cropping is usually breeder choice. If a breeder crops and you don’t want it done, or vice versa, you typically pay for dog 100% up front before any physical or behavioral testing.

Last edited:

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
My SIL just got her silver vizla. Gettin trained for hunting.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'll give a call to the hungarian lady up here that has a few.

GREAT dogs.

Cdog

Reaction score
We're on our 3rd Weimaraner, the base dog and cousins to the Vizsla's. They also related to the German short hair pointer and Doberman. Great breed of dogs. Our newest Duke is so freakin smart. He opens the sliding glass patio door with his paw to let himself outside. We have some friends that had a Vizsla and Weims. I'll ask around if they know of any breeders.

BTW what do they go for? I found papered and proper size Weims to go for 1-1.5 without breeding rights.

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
We're on our 3rd Weimaraner, the base dog and cousins to the Vizsla's. They also related to the German short hair pointer and Doberman. Great breed of dogs. Our newest Duke is so freakin smart. He opens the sliding glass patio door with his paw to let himself outside. We have some friends that had a Vizsla and Weims. I'll ask around if they know of any breeders.

BTW what do they go for? I found papered and proper size Weims to go for 1-1.5 without breeding rights.
Weimaraner were also on our short list. Beautiful dogs. The Vizslas are typically just a little more, unless you want to go crazy, like any other true hunting dog, and they go up to 5 digits easy. We are looking for the family “version” so that helps keep the pricing down.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
They seem like great dogs. my buddy had a smaller female, crazy how fast she was!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

I was telling RD yesterday, your dog would definitely be one I would want. Awesome looking animal.

I've wanted to get a Weim and a Russian Blue and have em grow up together so they could be good friends...

Russian_blue_catR850.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
Weimaraner were also on our short list. Beautiful dogs. The Vizslas are typically just a little more, unless you want to go crazy, like any other true hunting dog, and they go up to 5 digits easy. We are looking for the family “version” so that helps keep the pricing down.

I hope you can handle lots of attention. If you want a good Weim breeder lmk. I’m also looking to breed my male. If you’re interested in a weim & can wait a couple of months we can work something out.

1611078095578.jpeg

1611078166354.jpeg

1611078251639.jpeg

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
My mother (RIP) had a Vizsla for years, and when it passed she ended up with (2) Weims from a breeder in SoCal somewhere (she took my motorhome on a road trip to go get them). They were all great dogs, and from what I remember they didn't shed much.

Keymyster

Reaction score
Had a Vizsla 20 yrs ago. Great dogs for sure.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Once hunted pheasant with a buddy and his Vizsla. That dog was outstanding. One of the best dogs I ever hunted over. At home, he was a teddy bear with my buddies kids. He was a rescue. Came with a large scar on his back, reportedly from a boar.

CKHPA

Reaction score
As someone who has had multiple Vizslas, I agree with others that they are just amazing dogs. But you do need to be aware of what you are getting into. They have a ton of energy, so be sure you are willing and able to run them....a lot. When decided to get a second one, we were able to find a breeder that bred them more as pets than hunters. We were hoping they would be a little more mellow, and that proved to be true. Maybe we just got lucky. That being said, a mellow Vizsla is still a dog that needs to be ran A LOT. If that works for you, they are an amazing dog!

DLow

Single Barrel Dweller
Reaction score
As someone who has had multiple Vizslas, I agree with others that they are just amazing dogs. But you do need to be aware of what you are getting into. They have a ton of energy, so be sure you are willing and able to run them....a lot. When decided to get a second one, we were able to find a breeder that bred them more as pets than hunters. We were hoping they would be a little more mellow, and that proved to be true. Maybe we just got lucky. That being said, a mellow Vizsla is still a dog that needs to be ran A LOT. If that works for you, they are an amazing dog!
Absolutely! We aren’t hunters, so not too worried about the sound/hunting personality tests or training. We are avid hikers and runners with three very active kids in the house. So, more of an active family looking for an active dog that is smart, trainable, etc. wife wants a cuddler since our Chessie won’t give her the time of day! 😂

DWC

Reaction score
I don't have any help to find a breeder, but I looked a Vizslas and Ridgebacks about 10 years ago. Seem like good dogs. My next dog will either be Vizsla or a herding dog of some sort.

Sent From Tapatalk
Had a Ridgeback before the Jack Russell. Outstanding dogs. Trying to convince the wife to get another one. So far I’m losing.