WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] Volvo Penta AQ 280 trim cylinder

Mototrig

Reaction score
If anyone has a line on one text or DM me. I'll be in the Needles area for the next week otherwise in Orange County.
The drive is an AQ 280 (not the 290 duo)
Thanks!

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Thanks Adam, but I'm NO help on the ram. Those things were like hen's teeth 2 decades ago. They had a problem with the ram hoses being too short and the replacements had a piece of red tape around them so one could see if they had been replaced. Make sure it's NOT the hose.
I did a quick search for the rams and came up empty. Might try sea&ski in Costa Mesa and if he has one get out the lube. Try the boat salvage yard in Sacramento they might have something. Can't remember their name. There was a big one in Portland also. Search Shipwreck Marine, I think that was one of them. Make sure to tell them 280. 290 will not work.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Thanks Adam, but I'm NO help on the ram. Those things were like hen's teeth 2 decades ago. They had a problem with the ram hoses being too short and the replacements had a piece of red tape around them so one could see if they had been replaced. Make sure it's NOT the hose.
I did a quick search for the rams and came up empty. Might try sea&ski in Costa Mesa and if he has one get out the lube. Try the boat salvage yard in Sacramento they might have something. Can't remember their name. There was a big one in Portland also. Search Shipwreck Marine, I think that was one of them. Make sure to tell them 280. 290 will not work.
Thanks for the advice Gary. I've been keeping an eye out on ebay and asking around at random boat yards. Hope you're well.