WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Voting in Pomona

rcmike

Reaction score
If you are anywhere near the Fairplex, they have like 150 voting machines. About 20 people to sign you in.

There were 4 people voting.

If you are an LA county voter and want to vote with no waiting, go to the Fairplex. Enter off McKinnley, where you would go for the NHRA museum. They take you into the bottom of the horse racing stands, and seriously, so many machines. I was in and out in 5 minutes.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Having lived in Pomona, and having a shop in the worst area, I was worried reading the title!

Cool deal though. Glad their doing something on the property.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Back in my day no one admitted they lived in Pomona, “oh I live in Phillips Ranch not Pomona” 😂😂
I tried claiming Pomona for street cred... everyone told me to shut up because I grew up in Phillips Ranch. I couldn’t win 😂

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I tried claiming Pomona for street cred... everyone told me to shut up because I grew up in Phillips Ranch. I couldn’t win 😂
I grew up in what I thought was a pretty good part of Pomona, (Westmont) we only had three drive-by shootings on our street when I lived there. 😂

Does anybody remember when they blow up the cave and damaged a bunch of homes, I’m thinking this was back in the 70s but I don’t remember I can’t even remember the name of the cave. What a shit show😂

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I grew up in what I thought was a pretty good part of Pomona, (Westmont) we only had three drive-by shootings on our street when I lived there. 😂

Does anybody remember when they blow up the cave and damaged a bunch of homes, I’m thinking this was back in the 70s but I don’t remember I can’t even remember the name of the cave. What a shit show😂
Good family friends the bordenaves live with there. Spent a lot of times up in those hills

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
What is the worst area ???
My old shop was one block south of Holt (Crack Whore Blvd) down by the Edison yard and Pomona Auto Parts...sketchy as hell working late nights. Dead hooker across the street one Saturday morning. Stollen cars left in the lot. Cops would always light me up in my F350 late at night on Holt...it was too nice, so I must be selling drugs or pimpin' ho's. It was an adventure...

wishiknew

Reaction score

When I was in high school we would hang at that cave some girl got murdered there then the city hired some jack wagon to blow it up used enough dinamite to blow it to the corona expressway it was like 1970

wishiknew

Reaction score
My old shop was one block south of Holt (Crack Whore Blvd) down by the Edison yard and Pomona Auto Parts...sketchy as hell working late nights. Dead hooker across the street one Saturday morning. Stollen cars left in the lot. Cops would always light me up in my F350 late at night on Holt...it was too nice, so I must be selling drugs or pimpin' ho's. It was an adventure...
Buddy of mine has a cabinet shop across from auto parts co def a rough street

brgrcru

Reaction score
One of the best jet pump builders and set up boat man , lived in Pomona . (Wilder) I beleive Tom Papp learned his trade with him .
RIP to both great men , who were at the highest level of knowledge in there time .

rcmike

Reaction score
Can a mod change the name of tis thread to "Pomona SUX"?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
When I was in high school we would hang at that cave some girl got murdered there then the city hired some jack wagon to blow it up used enough dinamite to blow it to the corona expressway it was like 1970
I always found a cave kind of creepy as a kid, what I remember was kids were up there picking away at the side walls and rocks fell down and killed a kid.
I think it was elephant mountain or something like that
I was thinking it might be that but I thought elephant Mountain was the one where the police shooting range was over by the dog pound.
Buddy of mine has a cabinet shop across from auto parts co def a rough street
my first job was at APC, is that place still there?
oddly enough my next-door neighbor in Havasu had an electric auto electric shop on 2nd street.
Can a mod change the name of tis thread to "Pomona SUX"?
sorry for crapping all over your thread, it just brought back memories of Pomona.😊

wishiknew

Reaction score
One of the best jet pump builders and set up boat man , lived in Pomona . (Wilder) I beleive Tom Papp learned his trade with him .
RIP to both great men , who were at the highest level of knowledge in there time .
Ross Wilder he and Tony Stone had some fast shit From boats to lake cars they were
At the top of there game

brgrcru

Reaction score
Ross Wilder he and Tony Stone had some fast shit From boats to lake cars they were
At the top of there game

I think they liked fords also. It's been years 35 years or so. Ross did my pump and bottom on my Rogers . Wish I still had that boat .

wzuber

Reaction score
That is about the only place to eat that is good in all of pomona except in and out

actually El Unico is very good, give it a try. It's on the s/w Corner of mission and town. chix'n good, mulitas good, food good. haha
I haven't been to Trop/mex in decades, literally. A contractor friend recently mentioned going there for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to hear it was still open. I'll have to make a point to get over there again soon. In the early 90's it was great food and margaritas, beers etc. Just a bit sketchy for a group of young whities leaving the place on a fri/sat night full, liquored up and happy.

4Waters

Reaction score

It was April 20 1982

wzuber

Reaction score
At the top of there game
Wildercraft....what a blast from the past. Good group of smart and talented people over there.
Some time after Ross's passing I went over there to inquire about a yellow hull and the mold Mary was trying to sell but she wanted more than I felt it was worth at that time. I ended up buying 2 pop-off valves, a dozen or so Berk C bowls, some just cut, some converted, (still have 2 I think) 8 holley carb bodies, some cables, a bucket seat mold and a bunch of other misc. stuff from his son (david?). I forget his name but he was in rough shape back then. I'd hate to think what's happened to him since. He was a nice guy but he was crashing quickly it seemed. I hope he got saved at some point before he really hurt himself. It was sad.
What was the head porters name there? Ricky Green comes to mind?

wzuber

Reaction score
to the O.P.
Thanks for the heads up on that, will head over there shortly.

4Waters

Reaction score
Hey, I was only one decade off. 😂 I meant to say I remembered it happening sometime in the 70s but I guess it was the 80s not 1970. 😔
It sounded interesting so I did a search for it.

wishiknew

Reaction score
actually El Unico is very good, give it a try. It's on the s/w Corner of mission and town. chix'n good, mulitas good, food good. haha
I haven't been to Trop/mex in decades, literally. A contractor friend recently mentioned going there for lunch. I was pleasantly surprised to hear it was still open. I'll have to make a point to get over there again soon. In the early 90's it was great food and margaritas, beers etc. Just a bit sketchy for a group of young whities leaving the place on a fri/sat night full, liquored up and happy.
That place is 2 blocks from my shop have had good and not so good from there el unico