WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

VP Gas Station Parker

thetub

Reaction score
noticed a new VP Gas Station opening up in Parker where Woodys Gas used to be.

Does anyone know if they will be selling any kind of race gas?

Last edited:

ltbaney1

Reaction score
dont know for sure, but i know the VP in blythe has race fuel, and a pretty nice store. hope they do the same in parker.

thetub

Reaction score
dont know for sure, but i know the VP in blythe has race fuel, and a pretty nice store. hope they do the same in parker.

what octanes do they usually run or the one in Blythe?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
im not sure what they have at the pump, i have gotten C12 and methanol in 5 gallon jugs from the "shop" before. ive never needed enough race gas at 1 time to justify a pump. i am excited to see them opening up in Parker though, hoping they have a ethanol free premium option. thats the only fuel i will put in my boat and Parker Oil is the only spot, its pretty damn convienent though, but it would be nice to have an option. i store my boat at VIP storage right next door (they own VIP as well) when i signed the lease i actually asked about a fuel discount for storing my boat with them. they said no one had actually asked but the answer was no.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Numerous complaints again about the non ethanol 91 from parker oil causing issues. I was there last trip and it would barely trickle out so I filled up with avgas instead of waiting 45 minutes for it to fill. Maybe a blessing in disguise as I had no fuel issues with my ski.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I was excited when they opened a station in Paso Robles thinking I could easily get some methanol free 100 for my boat at the pump since they had 2 100 octane pumps...... But then they opened and listed the price at $9.99/gallon!!!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
The VP in blythe only sells race fuel in 5 gallon pails. It's also very expensive, like nearly $100 a jug. I did it once, but found a better source in San Diego.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Not sure about their Gas but good selection of fireworks few weeks ago.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
Numerous complaints again about the non ethanol 91 from parker oil causing issues. I was there last trip and it would barely trickle out so I filled up with avgas instead of waiting 45 minutes for it to fill. Maybe a blessing in disguise as I had no fuel issues with my ski.

I've heard that, but never experienced it in the 8 years I've been using it. I think the issue is that ethanol mixes with water. If one buys E10 fuel from whatever other pump...and has a wee bit of water in the tank, it will be absorbed and "burn" just fine. When one fills up with real fuel without ethanol...water will remain separated, and cause significant problems. I ran E10 for years with no water separator and no issues...when I switched to non-ethanol premium I had problems....until I put in a water separator filter...then the problem went away. I've bought non-ethanol premium from Parker oil for a long time with zero problems, after I installed the water separator....I don't thing the issue lies in the fuel, it lies in the fact that the fuel is going into a boat, and doesn't absorb residual moisture like E10 does.

Rhudson

Reaction score
We did have a turbine issue a few weeks back. this has been corrected. We are sorry for any inconvenience this caused. We have had one complaint in the last several years and we are looking into it. Waiting for receipts on dates fuel was purchased as well as lab results on fuel. We pride our selves on quality fuel and lubricants and will do our due diligence as always.

Rhudson

Reaction score
noticed a new VP Gas Station opening up in Parker where Woodys Gas used to be.

Does anyone know if they will be selling any kind of race gas?
To my knowledge they will not be. Parker oil has the exclusivity on that side

Rhudson

Reaction score
We at Parker Oil have seen and heard some chatter in regards to our fuel. Our priority is to always serve our customers with quality fuel and lubricants. If someone has a concern we will always do our due diligence to ensure our fuel meets all standards and specs. We have always shown results to prove our fuel meets all of these requirements if asked to do so.

We look forward to continuing to serve our boating and offroad customers for many years to come.

scottchbrite

Reaction score
At the end of the summer, I usually buy an off seasons worth Of ethanol free fuel from Parker Oil for all my saws/wackers & I've never had an issue.

now we just need E85 in Parker ;)

sintax

Reaction score
We at Parker Oil have seen and heard some chatter in regards to our fuel. Our priority is to always serve our customers with quality fuel and lubricants. If someone has a concern we will always do our due diligence to ensure our fuel meets all standards and specs. We have always shown results to prove our fuel meets all of these requirements if asked to do so.

We look forward to continuing to serve our boating and offroad customers for many years to come.

good job jumping on here, and setting the record straight. Its good to get ahead of these things before they spin out of control.

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have never had a issue either, i have ran everything from race gas, av gas, non-ethanol, to regular.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
never had a issue with anything from Parker OIl.

parker guy

Reaction score
The Indian fuel station is selling race gas at the pump....Parker oil has AV gas at $4.25 gallon

SKIA36

Reaction score
We've burned a lot of fuel from Parker Oil over the years and never had a problem.
A LOT!

Thank You Renee!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
the Running Man station ?

do you know what octane race gas?
Vrooom vrooom ...BNAG!

20200710_173605.jpg

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score

Just remember that Running Man isn't monitored by Arizona Weights and Measures, nor are the pumps calibrated or octane readings checked. They can sell whatever they feel like, and call it whatever they want. Same with cost/amount accuracy. Make sure you're getting the gallon of fuel you pay for.

You'll never find one of these on any of their pumps.

55ef641a8117b.image.jpg

thetub

Reaction score
Just remember that Running Man isn't monitored by Arizona Weights and Measures, nor are the pumps calibrated or octane readings checked. They can sell whatever they feel like, and call it whatever they want. Same with cost/amount accuracy. Make sure you're getting the gallon of fuel you pay for.

You'll never find one of these on any of their pumps.

View attachment 897705

Boat Cop does the same go for the airport? is that Native American owned/land?

the AV gas monitored? should be ?

Wheeler

Reaction score
The fuel at the airport is first checked for contaminants when delivery arrives on site and either accepted.or rejected before off loaded and again evey morning thereafter.

Taboma

Reaction score

Please help me to understand 91 octane unleaded racing fuel --- which may or may not be VP 101. According to VP it still contains ethanol, they state it's the highest octane street legal fuel available for racing. What's the difference between it and the premium 91 we can purchase anywhere ? ( Indian unknowns aside, like is it really VP 101 ? )

VP 101.JPG

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Boat Cop does the same go for the airport? is that Native American owned/land?

the AV gas monitored? should be ?

It is Tribal owned and operated, but I believe aircraft fuel has to meet Federal Regulations and guidelines. Motor vehicle fuel is regulated by the State. While the Tribe has to follow Federal laws, State laws don't apply.

Plus, they don't collect or pay State fuel taxes. So since the prices are around the same as everyone else, they are pocketing 18 cents a gallon (.26 for diesel) that other stations must pay.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Please help me to understand 91 octane unleaded racing fuel --- which may or may not be VP 101. According to VP it still contains ethanol, they state it's the highest octane street legal fuel available for racing. What's the difference between it and the premium 91 we can purchase anywhere ? ( Indian unknowns aside, like is it really VP 101 ? )

View attachment 897821
Maybe they've got the two confused , proof vs. octane. 🤔
20200712_063533.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
Maybe they've got the two confused , proof vs. octane. 🤔
View attachment 898052

No idea what brand racing fuel they're selling, but would seem the only difference is Premium 91 has 10% ethanol content and their race gas 91 octane is only .5 %. Would certainly store better. No octane improvement however.

Wheeler

Reaction score
No idea what brand racing fuel they're selling, but would seem the only difference is Premium 91 has 10% ethanol content and their race gas 91 octane is only .5 %. Would certainly store better. No octane improvement however.

Buffalo Racing Fuel ...it's an Indian thing.

_110908920_whatsappimage2020-02-14at13.17.41.jpg