WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wagon Wheel and Lost Lake - feedback/reviews

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I have a buddy looking to get a river place. He's thinking about Wagon Wheel or Lost Lake. I don't know much about either, but figured someone on here must have experience with either or both.

Thanks for any insight!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I would suggest he drive through each park and check them out for himself. I like both places but have only driven through them, I have never stayed at either.

Water Wheel seems a little more modern and the water levels don't impact your ability to launch as much. When I drive by in the boat, there are always people on the beach hanging out. I tried launching at LL once, just to check it out on our way to Parker and the water was too low. I asked a couple guys by the launch if I should chance it and they said they wouldn't, they were waiting for the water to come up too. Just my .02.

If you drive through them, there are always places for sale, as there are all along the 95 in that area, just depends on how much you want to spend.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
We used to share a trailer with some people at Lost Lake. We loved it, but it is not a fancy park by any means. Water levels will delay your launch for sure in the morning but once it's up you pretty much have a long stretch of river all to yourself. Kids loved it. Park was cool at night, good vibe.:thumbsup

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have only been to Lost Lake three or four times but every time I have been I have had a good time. Back when I use to go they had the Saturday Night races which was cool. It's pretty easy to launch in the Lagoon. If I remember right, they had a launch that was in the river current too but I never used it so I don't know how easy it was to use. They also had bands there on big holidays which I thought was cool.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
LL resident here!

If the water is too low at LL, then its too low at WW. Spring time is big water, fall is low to no water. My buddy ran a 22' Daytona outdrive down there and launched out of the LL lagoon. I dont think Id run much of anything bigger than that other than a pontoon.

What is your buddy looking for specifically? What size/type of boat does he have? Whats he looking to spend? I know a couple of places for sale and a couple more that could be for sale, but are not listed yet.

Let me know how I can help,
Ryan

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I tried launching at LL once, just to check it out on our way to Parker and the water was too low. I asked a couple guys by the launch if I should chance it and they said they wouldn't, they were waiting for the water to come up too. Just my .02.

If you drive through them, there are always places for sale, as there are all along the 95 in that area, just depends on how much you want to spend.

When was this and what kind of boat???

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
When was this and what kind of boat???

A few summers ago in my Commander jet. The lagoon almost didn't exist and I walked down the other ramp and it was a little sketchy and that's when I asked. The people I spoke to were helpful and the people in the store were nice. It just looks like the ramp at Water Wheel is in deeper water as it is on the main channel.

I haven't spent much time, if any at either place, just sharing my .02.

I do head upriver from the Aha area and can make it all the way to LL before my river knowledge ends and I turn around and float back. [emoji481]

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
A few summers ago in my Commander jet. The lagoon almost didn't exist and I walked down the other ramp and it was a little sketchy and that's when I asked. The people I spoke to were helpful and the people in the store were nice. It just looks like the ramp at Water Wheel is in deeper water as it is on the main channel.

I haven't spent much time, if any at either place, just sharing my .02.

I do head upriver from the Aha area and can make it all the way to LL before my river knowledge ends and I turn around and float back. [emoji481]

Yeah early morning the water will actually be flowing out of the lagoon. We wait till 11ish early in the season and then till 1ish later.

I boat comfortably up to AW Bridge and down to Aha, I really want to make it all the way up to the dam this summer. We usually hang at the lower sandbar, thats below LL and above Hidden Valley, the one you can 4x4 down to

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Yeah early morning the water will actually be flowing out of the lagoon. We wait till 11ish early in the season and then till 1ish later.

I boat comfortably up to AW Bridge and down to Aha, I really want to make it all the way up to the dam this summer. We usually hang at the lower sandbar, thats below LL and above Hidden Valley, the one you can 4x4 down to

I love that entire stretch of river, you can always find a quiet spot if that what you want and lots of good people. I keep threatening to buy a jet ski so I can go as far upriver as a I can get gas wise, just to get an idea.

I kayaked from AW to our place once, it took a lot longer than I thought. [emoji23]

Is that beach where the palapas are?

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I love that entire stretch of river, you can always find a quiet spot if that what you want and lots of good people. I keep threatening to buy a jet ski so I can go as far upriver as a I can get gas wise, just to get an idea.

I kayaked from AW to our place once, it took a lot longer than I thought. [emoji23]

Is that beach where the palapas are?

Its the bigger beach below the palapas. You'd be lucky to get 5 boats in the palapas lol

I have ridden my stand up all the way to the dam and back, getting gas is the hard part. Last August we had about a dozen of us make the ride up and back from LL, really cool day!!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
If you guys ever want to go from the AW bridge to the damn I'd be happy to meet you at AW and take you up. It's easy in a prop boat and a jet even easier, I have both.

Let me know [emoji106]

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
If you guys ever want to go from the AW bridge to the damn I'd be happy to meet you at AW and take you up. It's easy in a prop boat and a jet even easier, I have both.

Let me know [emoji106]

Hell yeah!!!! Now let me get a boat running......................

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. He sent me a message last night saying he put an offer in on a place in WW and has a verbal acceptance. Appreciate all the feedback, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!