WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wahweep ramp last night...

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Wife and I hit the Wahweep resort for dinner last night and did a drive by of the ramp. I asked the NPS staff if there were any size restrictions beside house boats and they said no, Go for it (regarding my oversized express cruiser)... Anyhoo, the ramp look totally do able to me and the Aux ramp was blocked off by orange cones for now.

ww1.jpg

ww2.jpg

ww3.jpg

Mikes56

Reaction score
Is that just one lane? I was there last year for a houseboat trip and I thought the launch ramp went all they way between the two docks.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Any negative repercussions to the moving of the tire line? I heard they made it into like an L shape on the gas dock side of marina. Gotta imagine that's gonna let some wind and waves roll right into my HB when it blows across Wahweap Bay.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Is that just one lane? I was there last year for a houseboat trip and I thought the launch ramp went all they way between the two docks.

2 separate lanes with the pipe extension and one dirt lane...

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Any negative repercussions to the moving of the tire line? I heard they made it into like an L shape on the gas dock side of marina. Gotta imagine that's gonna let some wind and waves roll right into my HB when it blows across Wahweap Bay.

No idea on that aspect... But there is a new island in the middle of the Bay so don't hit that!.. its in between stateline and main.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
No idea on that aspect... But there is a new island in the middle of the Bay so don't hit that!.. its in between stateline and main.

yeah, I got a bit too close to that in July. I saw it coming up. Depthfinder kept going, 25, 20, 15, 12, 10, 7, 5 I was like, ABORT ABORT ABORT!!! I almost started throwing kids out to ease the draft😂 It comes up gradual so it was hard to see a distinct line in water color change. That thing is huge too. Took me a while to move away from it. Almost had a Qualified Captain moment and beached it. 😂

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I bet it drops off like a mofo right after the pad and that is why they closed it.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Could be that during the hot part of the day the peak power generation from the hydro is cost effective with higher demand pricing drawing down the lake. I showed up around 6 pm last night and maybe they cut it back over to the main ramp after hours when the spot price for electric is lower and they cut back over to baseload generation and the lake moves up overnight. That's how it work on the Salt River Hydros....

Anyways... looks like things can change on a dime. I see main open and 12 hours later @Gramps has is on film as closed... But boats seems to be able to get in and out regardless!

Sandlord

Reaction score
Be careful out there;
F52FE2B5-3D51-4E50-8F01-7B452BD0D757.jpeg

Rhodes said the incident occurred at the Wahweap Marina at the end of a day of boating that included drinking. The first-term sheriff said in a statement that he deeply regretted his actions and has learned from his mistake. The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said Rhodes had tried unsuccessfully to help a friend park a boat, clipping another boat.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Be careful out there;
View attachment 1037367
Rhodes said the incident occurred at the Wahweap Marina at the end of a day of boating that included drinking. The first-term sheriff said in a statement that he deeply regretted his actions and has learned from his mistake. The Coconino County Sheriff’s Office said Rhodes had tried unsuccessfully to help a friend park a boat, clipping another boat.

Its always the "clipping of another boat" that is the dead give a way....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Be careful out there;
View attachment 1037367
Well, living in Yavapai County, I'd still buy that man a beer! 😂