WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WAKE THE WORLD

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I know this place is anti wake boat, but this program is pretty cool. I've done it 3-4 years now. Today we are taking 200 foster kids boating for the day. I'd encourage everyone to see if there is a chapter in your area and take a day off and do it. There are 39 boats at today's event! Lots of $ on the water!

20190719_112650.jpg

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Are you on lake Travis? My sister & BIL are involved in one out there. Really cool event!

guest hs

Reaction score
Great program for sure. Make sure you teach them proper boat etiquette though not wake boat etiquette.

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Great organization. Good on ya for participating!

We've sponsored dozens of their events over the years and I've personally participated in several here in AZ.

For those who aren't familiar with Wake the World, it's a day on the water for kids from disadvantaged situations usually in foster/group homes. Few have ever seen or been on a boat before. Seeing their eyes light up learning a new skill & gaining confidence is incredibly rewarding. In my experience, every kid was completely respectful and beyond thankful for the opportunity. They had just been dealt a shit hand early in life.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
This is awesome. Nice job. Those kids will remember that day forever.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Great organization. Good on ya for participating!

We've sponsored dozens of their events over the years and I've personally participated in several here in AZ.

For those who aren't familiar with Wake the World, it's a day on the water for kids from disadvantaged situations usually in foster/group homes. Few have ever seen or been on a boat before. Seeing their eyes light up learning a new skill & gaining confidence is incredibly rewarding. In my experience, every kid was completely respectful and beyond thankful for the opportunity. They had just been dealt a shit hand early in life.

-Zack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Ironically, I won this in the little raffle deal that one of the big local boat dealers donated, but I use your products!
20190719_093135.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I know this place is anti wake boat, but this program is pretty cool. I've done it 3-4 years now. Today we are taking 200 foster kids boating for the day. I'd encourage everyone to see if there is a chapter in your area and take a day off and do it. There are 39 boats at today's event! Lots of $ on the water!

View attachment 777454

Even though you're in a stolen boat and still kind of a dik...

NICE WORK!! Those kids had a blast and will remember the experience for ever!!

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Well, after a year of no WTW, we got to spend the day with some foster kids. I ended up with just 2 kids this year, both boys, both nearly 14. Both have been in foster care for 3 years. They were pretty reserved compared to kids in years past and only wanted to tube, but they had a great time.
IMG_4863.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Well, after a year of no WTW, we got to spend the day with some foster kids. I ended up with just 2 kids this year, both boys, both nearly 14. Both have been in foster care for 3 years. They were pretty reserved compared to kids in years past and only wanted to tube, but they had a great time. View attachment 1030092
View attachment 1030093

Totally awesome event!! What it does for the kids is great!

To travel 2hr, pay for fuel in the tow rig and in the boat, take a day off work, ect.. to take some kids out that have never had the chance to even be on a boat or have anyone ever give 2 shits about them! I can guarantee it means alot to those kids!! Shit they will remember the rest of their life!

Hats off to you for doing this for them year after year!!

Even though you're a CS!!🤣

Last edited: