WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wakeboard Tower and Tow Cover

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
What's the line on putting a tower on an Ultra 24 Stealth in Havasu preferably? Then a shop to do a custom tow cover after that fits around the tower.

If not in Havasu then SoCal will do but I'd prefer Havasu as the boats there and I'll be in Texas. If it's SoCal then it can only be done right before the family moves out to catch up with me so my wife can go pickup the boat a week or two before.

Shop recommendations, maybe price ranges would help. Beautiful boat so tower needs to be nice. Preferably bright red powder cost to match all my billet.

Stainless

Banned
Reaction score
VD, I don't have any recommendations but wondered if you made it to Texas yet?

Singleton

Reaction score
I would call Rusty at Ultra and see what he can do

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
VD, I don't have any recommendations but wondered if you made it to Texas yet?

I'm leaving Monday morning at the latest. Have PAT on Wednesday and start academy on Thursday. Trying to maximize time with family before I leave them for a few months.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I would call Rusty at Ultra and see what he can do

Not a bad idea. Just didn't know if someone knew a shop that does it all day long. Kinda turned off by the regatta thread on Rusty not answering phone or calling people back.

They should know all the dims to order the right tower though.

Singleton

Reaction score
Not a bad idea. Just didn't know if someone knew a shop that does it all day long. Kinda turned off by the regatta thread on Rusty not answering phone or calling people back.

They should know all the dims to order the right tower though.

Another option pm Ultra28 and see what JW says

5 150whiteboy

Reaction score
13th floor, amd trip up the 15 to martinez marine interiors for the cover is only places that I can think of.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What's the line on putting a tower on an Ultra 24 Stealth in Havasu preferably? Then a shop to do a custom tow cover after that fits around the tower.

If not in Havasu then SoCal will do but I'd prefer Havasu as the boats there and I'll be in Texas. If it's SoCal then it can only be done right before the family moves out to catch up with me so my wife can go pickup the boat a week or two before.

Shop recommendations, maybe price ranges would help. Beautiful boat so tower needs to be nice. Preferably bright red powder cost to match all my billet.

For fabrication and the cover I'm thinking in stitches..

Maybe have an offroad shop make the tower?

Honestly i would probably go back to so cal and call 13th floor and then custom canvas..

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
What and where is 13th floor?

I'm looking Havasu because I'll be in Texas but I don't want my boat jacked up. Looks like the day I picked up in El Cajon.

Bigger problem with doing SoCal is making sure if it's brought back here a week or two before leaving for Texas that it's done in that time and stored securely. Not going to take it back to Havasu and not going to leave it in front of the house and have it ripped apart for the stereo.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
What and where is 13th floor?

I'm looking Havasu because I'll be in Texas but I don't want my boat jacked up. Looks like the day I picked up in El Cajon.

Bigger problem with doing SoCal is making sure if it's brought back here a week or two before leaving for Texas that it's done in that time and stored securely. Not going to take it back to Havasu and not going to leave it in front of the house and have it ripped apart for the stereo.

I just might be selling an AirBoom wake board tower. I'm purchasing a Eliminator 207 that has a perfect condition wake board tower that I don't think I will be keeping...

_DSC_4612.jpg

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I just might be selling an AirBoom wake board tower. I'm purchasing a Eliminator 207 that has a perfect condition wake board tower that I don't think I will be keeping...

View attachment 407061

I'm definitely interested if it will fit my boat. Would probably need to have powder coated though. Not sure how much that runs.

fmo24

Reaction score
Instead of trying to rush maybe start checking out places in Texas. Lots of wakeboard boats down that way

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Instead of trying to rush maybe start checking out places in Texas. Lots of wakeboard boats down that way

Is it going to Texas?

Yes going to Texas.

Not a bad idea. I just don't have the network in Texas yet. I have to startup the new RDP Texas chapter. Lol. Some guys out there but spread all over that big ass state. Don't want some monkey jacking up my boat out there. Can happen here but people usually recommended good shops here on RDP.

It's logistics too. No point in getting a tow cover just to have it modified after putting a tower on. I could have the boat wrapped for the haul out but then I'd be spending money I could have put towards the tow cover.

Reason we want cover for the tow out instead of just the wrap is because the lake out there is going to be an hour away not just five minutes to the ramp like in Havasu. So want a good tow cover that won't scratch it up.

fmo24

Reaction score
Sounds like you've been rolling this around for a bit. Good luck with this and your move as well .

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
13th floor is good. Full custom tower. In so cal. I wanna say around inland empire. I researched when i was looking for my tower. Maybe they can give you reference for a cover.the tower was around 2600 for my boat 21ft. I got a quote for a sunbrella cover at 1200 bucks also To fit around it.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Yes going to Texas.

Not a bad idea. I just don't have the network in Texas yet. I have to startup the new RDP Texas chapter. Lol. Some guys out there but spread all over that big ass state. Don't want some monkey jacking up my boat out there. Can happen here but people usually recommended good shops here on RDP.

It's logistics too. No point in getting a tow cover just to have it modified after putting a tower on. I could have the boat wrapped for the haul out but then I'd be spending money I could have put towards the tow cover.

Reason we want cover for the tow out instead of just the wrap is because the lake out there is going to be an hour away not just five minutes to the ramp like in Havasu. So want a good tow cover that won't scratch it up.

The airboom is a universal tower that can fit / adjust to almost any style boat. It breaks down into pieces if you un bolt it all.... I bet a shop wouldn't / shouldn't charge more than 300-400 bucks for a custom powder coat. Just throwing it out there :)

Check out the web site. Its an expensive high quality tower.

http://www.airboom.com/?product=3d-tower

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
Sounds like you've been rolling this around for a bit. Good luck with this and your move as well .

Thanks. Open to suggestions. Just laying out my thoughts so far. Thanks for the help.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
The airboom is a universal tower that can fit / adjust to almost any style boat. It breaks down into pieces if you un bolt it all.... I bet a shop wouldn't / shouldn't charge more than 300-400 bucks for a custom powder coat. Just throwing it out there :)

How much you looking to get for it and where are you located?

havasu2

Reaction score
When you're ready for the cover, call Toni at Toni's Canvas in Havasu. 928-706-3905
Did a great job on our cover.
image.jpg

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'd like to get $700 out of it. I'm located in Los Angeles CA.

I believe it breaks down enough to ship According to the website

Hmmmm. Let me do a little research and think about that. Could have it shipped to a shop that could get powder coated and install maybe and then have another shop do cover.

Gotta figure out logistics but that seems like a fair deal.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
When you're ready for the cover, call Toni at Toni's Canvas in Havasu. 928-706-3905
View attachment 407070

Thanks!!!

How do you like it going up all the way over the tower? I figured the standard just cover Te boat but have cutouts and Velcro or whatever to get around the uprights of the tower.

And does it have the lamb skin sock that goes on first or whatever? Isn't that the ticket. I have a cover for the boat that was part of the package. It's from Westland. Says it's a tow cover but you only use for storage. If you tow any distance with it then it's going to scratch the gel up.

K-DOG

Reaction score

I would 2nd Air Boom. Their towers look the best and Ultra used them for most of their boats.

havasu2

Reaction score
Thanks!!!

How do you like it going up all the way over the tower? I figured the standard just cover Te boat but have cutouts and Velcro or whatever to get around the uprights of the tower.

And does it have the lamb skin sock that goes on first or whatever? Isn't that the ticket. I have a cover for the boat that was part of the package. It's from Westland. Says it's a tow cover but you only use for storage. If you tow any distance with it then it's going to scratch the gel up.

It's a little bit of a work out putting the cover on the boat. I don't tow with the cover, but I'm pretty sure it would not be a problem. I had a cover that wrapped around the tower and water would flow through the holes (boat is stored under a canopy that is not waterproof) Now the boat is completely dry when stored.

Toni installed the soft "felt like" material at all the rub points. She will do whatever you think of, as well as give great suggestions based on her experience. She did a great job and is very easy to work with. She does work for some of the boat builders/sellers in town.

aka619er

That Guy.....
Reaction score
I'm thinking that cover over the tower is perfect for when it rains. No pooling up at all. Does look like a mission to install though

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
View attachment 407070

That's great for indoor storage, but I would hesitate trying to tow with it.

If the op has a cover, it would probably be cheaper to have the existing cover modified with cut outs to go around the cover, vs a new cover. Unless you absolutely have to get the tower covered. Even then you could have a cover made for the tower that velcro's or snaps down to the boat cover, then you could remove for towing, if you two with a cover on

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
That's great for indoor storage, but I would hesitate trying to tow with it.

If the op has a cover, it would probably be cheaper to have the existing cover modified with cut outs to go around the cover, vs a new cover. Unless you absolutely have to get the tower covered. Even then you could have a cover made for the tower that velcro's or snaps down to the boat cover, then you could remove for towing, if you two with a cover on

Got a cover but won't use for towing. Storage only. From what I understand to tow you want a sheepskin sock or something like that then a cover over that. If my cover could be laundered and then modified to work around a tower and over the and hold tight while towing to save money I'd be open to that but just regular fabric will scratch the gel.

I don't want it to go over the tower. Extra expense, extra work and no need for towing. Storage will be indoors.

Wakebrdr94

Reaction score
Got a cover but won't use for towing. Storage only. From what I understand to tow you want a sheepskin sock or something like that then a cover over that. If my cover could be laundered and then modified to work around a tower and over the and hold tight while towing to save money I'd be open to that but just regular fabric will scratch the gel.

I don't want it to go over the tower. Extra expense, extra work and no need for towing. Storage will be indoors.

modifying the cover is pretty simply. once the tower is on, take it to the sjop, and they will cutout where the arms are, and use either velcro or zippers to attach the two parts back together. if you are worried about pooling, get one of these http://hangtyte.com/ super simple install.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
JW did PM me and gave me some recommendations.

Been working with ICB1 from Interceptor Custom Boats and he's been helping a ton. Figuring out what option we want to go with and working out the logistics and we may just pull this off. Will update when we have it all done.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I'd consider Air Boom. When Ron and Denise did our patrol boat, I took the boat to them for the fab on the tower, and they towed it up to Adlee in Corona for the cover and the bimini.

VoodooMedMan

Inmate #446
Reaction score
I'd consider Air Boom. When Ron and Denise did our patrol boat, I took the boat to them for the fab on the tower, and they towed it up to Adlee in Corona for the cover and the bimini.

Thanks. Looking at either the AirBoom or IDG. IDG is more solid and actually cheaper but the AirBoom looks better.

ICB has an in house guy that does the covers and the sock to go underneath.

We had a trip planned with friends that my wife might still go and take the kids and just hang out with them at Pirates. No boat of course, but if we pull the trigger she'll pull it out of storage and tow it home. ICB will store until we move and have the work done and the boat cleaned and ready for us to just pickup and take to Texas.

Reached out to me by PM based off this thread and has been very helpful and looking around it seems like they do some nice work.

They better if they touch my boat. All those that have touched it know how anal I am.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Denise at airboom rocks. Her towers might seem spendy but they are worth it. And their add ons for racks and such are very competitive. If you sky-ski their ski racks are freaking awesome and cheap in comparison to others. I've had a 13th floor tower and it was alright but that was years ago. Always wondered where they ended up. Samson up in WA is a tremendous fabricator but they come with big dollar signs and are a long ways from you. Barewest in Oregon also does damn nice work but again a trek from where you're at.