WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wall mount couch beds

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Looking for a couple nice wall mount couch beds for my enclosed.. which ones are good? Bad? Which one is actually decent to sleep on?

is there some way if I put them on opposite sides that they fold down and meet in the middle for a giant bed?

Singleton

Reaction score
Call @2FORCEFULL - Steve has built a ton of trailers and vans. Most likely knows which ones work best and where to get them

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They won’t quite meet in the middle. Some might but most probably wouldn’t. I can look and see what brand mine is. It is pretty comfy.

I had to move mine to the passenger side. There was no freakin way I was getting out of a car (and had concerns about the Speed car) with that folding bed on the driver side. Just something to think about.

When folded it still sticks out just past the fender. Mine has quite a bit of padding.. good for comfort, but takes up some extra space.

561B2C93-DCE6-4F05-8F0B-1FADB3A35E06.jpeg

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Maybe look at the happy Jack system the put in toy haulers.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Maybe look at the happy Jack system the put in toy haulers.

Has 45 degree edges at the roof so I wouldn’t be able to raise it all the way to the roof line which is why I was looking at this.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Has 45 degree edges at the roof so I wouldn’t be able to raise it all the way to the roof line which is why I was looking at this.
Yes they will, frame doesn’t go to ceiling. mattress sits higher then frame. Go happy jacks no couch will compare with real bed

Icky

Reaction score
The lower bed in my genesis turns into a sofa. When in the up position you can pull another pin and fold the whole thing down on each side to provide more vertical clearance of your vehicles
3:00 min into this video

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The lower bed in my genesis turns into a sofa. When in the up position you can pull another pin and fold the whole thing down on each side to provide more vertical clearance of your vehicles
3:00 min into this video

@Melloyellovector this thing looks like the best of all worlds? Think that would work in my setup?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Looking for a couple nice wall mount couch beds for my enclosed.. which ones are good? Bad? Which one is actually decent to sleep on?

is there some way if I put them on opposite sides that they fold down and meet in the middle for a giant bed?
Who is gonna sleep on them???? there all fk'd to sleep on and you end having to put mattress toppers to get them kinda ok... most all of the new made jack knife sofas have differant foam where you sit than where your back rests... ive taking them apart and the back rest have fiber stuffed in to pillows to give that puffy look,.. all said and done they are like sleeping on 2 55 gallon drums with and water air raft laying across.... the bel tec style that fold against the wall are the most comfortable.... I hate to comfort when sleeping on a sleeping bag on the ground is better....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
before I did all that i would just get a queen size camping air mattress

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
They won’t quite meet in the middle. Some might but most probably wouldn’t. I can look and see what brand mine is. It is pretty comfy.

I had to move mine to the passenger side. There was no freakin way I was getting out of a car (and had concerns about the Speed car) with that folding bed on the driver side. Just something to think about.

When folded it still sticks out just past the fender. Mine has quite a bit of padding.. good for comfort, but takes up some extra space.

View attachment 1019805
these are the best i've used so for, reason is, the four legs, next is the back rest and the seat part have the same foam..... but depends on where you draw the line for comfort.... hammer sleep all night on mine and said they were great.... but he was passed out drunk....

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
those are the most fk'd things you will ever sleep on,..... I have a brand new one setting in my garage....cheep junk is my review....
Sorry for this post , I never clicked on the link and though that it was this one from rec pro.. the ones LOF has are the better ones..

1625183693161.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sorry for this post , I never clicked on the link and though that it was this one from rec pro.. the ones LOF has are the better ones..

View attachment 1020749

I was gonna say, mine didn’t seem that bad. Makes sense that it is a different model. I have not slept on mine yet, but it was certainly comfortable enough to nape on.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I was gonna say, mine didn’t seem that bad. Makes sense that it is a different model. I have not slept on mine yet, but it was certainly comfortable enough to nape on.
I put 2 in my enclosed build, was able to still get out of the rzr xp , put a little tight... sure were nice on the cold windy nights at the dunes when every one wanted to hang out in my trailer...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I put 2 in my enclosed build, was able to still get out of the rzr xp , put a little tight... sure were nice on the cold windy nights at the dunes when every one wanted to hang out in my trailer...

I should have taken video of me getting out of my RX7 once it was in my trailer.

I can barely make it out. I was going to have an escape hatch built into a new trailer, but beggars can’t be choosers when buying used.

I’m thinking of putting a winch box in the floor and just winching the car in.