WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Want to buy a Bravo 28 RH

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
In need of a 28 Bravo RH, if anyone has one they want to part with, or know where I can get one.

RD

Rsqfxr

Reaction score
Taking a 28 to cutting edge to be checked and cleaned up after that it will be for sale
IMG_6496.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prorider

Reaction score
I have a perfect shape 28 with XR hub and small shaft hub also I will sell for 500 0F248C6A-BE19-44CE-B929-F9C8ED6F3F35.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Robert ended up grabbing the prop from boat 405.. thanks guys I appreciate it!

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Props I have for sale

2 34 right hand bravo

36 right hand bravo

28 right hand. SOLD

One set of 32 Bravos

One set of 33 Bravos lab

One set of 34 Mercury Racing lab

One set 36 Bravos outboard lab

One set 30 outboard non-lab SOLD

All are bravos super clean NO damage located in Havasu
F131E29B-86BE-4AB6-B571-13F55AE21C56.jpeg

Last edited:

Clearmax

Reaction score
Yea i know the shaft is still in the hub, in the prop, on the bottom of the lake.
I found the prop nut and part of the shaft about four feet behind my drive today on the floor of my garage. I’m not sure how that can happen. Anyone have any ideas?

Boat 405

Reaction score
Glad it worked out. Crazy to think they are on backorder until October??

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I found the prop nut and part of the shaft about four feet behind my drive today on the floor of my garage. I’m not sure how that can happen. Anyone have any ideas?
Do you have a back door in the garage that maybe somehow possibly you had a thief get in? Not much room on the sides but to snap that threaded portion is absolutely insane. Maybe a thief never learned righty tighty and was juiced up like a mad man. This has to be one of the craziest things I’ve seen and hope you get to the bottom of it and share with us.

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do you have a back door in the garage that maybe somehow possibly you had a thief get in? Not much room on the sides but to snap that threaded portion is absolutely insane. Maybe a thief never learned righty tighty and was juiced up like a mad man. This has to be one of the craziest things I’ve seen and hope you get to the bottom of it and share with us.

This isn’t a thief thing. There’s no way to get into his garage unnoticed.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
This isn’t a thief thing. There’s no way to get into his garage unnoticed.
Yea I’ve been there once, and why i asked about a rear door. Absolute insanity, if busted at a shop how’d it get there in garage and if i recall from conversation Saturday he had power in reverse for a moment then nothing. Regardless seems as odd as it gets.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
yeah I was on vacation for a couple weeks and rear door unlocked.
Still the tensile strength of that shaft, seems that cannot be it, 6’ breaker bar and one hell of a wedge between the drive and the prop.

Clearmax

Reaction score
Here is where I found the nut. The nut should have fell into the prop if it broke while in garage.
5D70BF6D-CA83-4D74-9287-6CCA163179DB.jpeg

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I'd say you're pretty lucky.

The prop shaft had some sort of stress riser right where it broke... It decided to fail in the garage, and the tension caused it to "pop" and land a few feet away. Very strange failure, but it happens.

Usually fatigue failures will occur on undertorqued fasteners. A fastener should be sized and torqued such that the tension from tightening things are greater than the cyclic working loads the fastener experiences during use...then the fastener will not experience any such cyclic tension. If the fastener is under tensioned initially, the working loads can cause cyclic tensioning during use which will lead to fatigue failure.

Clearmax

Reaction score

The prop shaft had some sort of stress riser right where it broke... It decided to fail in the garage, and the tension caused it to "pop" and land a few feet away. Very strange failure, but it happens.

Usually fatigue failures will occur on undertorqued fasteners. A fastener should be sized and torqued such that the tension from tightening things are greater than the cyclic working loads the fastener experiences during use...then the fastener will not experience any such cyclic tension. If the fastener is under tensioned initially, the working loads can cause cyclic tensioning during use which will lead to fatigue failure.
I didn’t know that can happen. Thanks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Weirdest thing I have seen

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Weirdest thing I have seen
Just like a mercedes sunroof breaking for no reason at some random moment....there is a stress riser. Incredibly rare, but it does happen.

Clearmax

Reaction score
I talked with AJ from Barrett today. He said one of the washers is bowed like a compression washer. If the shaft broke he said it could shoot off like that. This was a new Max machine works shaft so AJ is going to take the pieces to them to find out what happened.