WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Want to start racing

Wbinder

Reaction score
I’m wanting to get into ski racing and was looking at the rules for the social or grass roots classes. Says the skier must have hands out front? When does the wrap come into plan cause I can’t last that long without one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I believe the Novice classes are the first ones up the tree to be wrapped up.

Its really a safety thing until you get comfortable and can move up. You can Fubar pretty good wrapped up.

hallett21

Reaction score
I skied wrapped up in grassroots. Did something change?

Wbinder

Reaction score
I only saw the social class rules listed?

IMG_7202.png

mutstng

Reaction score
I am also trying to get into this sport and competed last year in 2 grass roots events, I skied wrapped. The NWSRA was great to a new skier and other racers gave me good advise on how to get better/safer and faster. The only thing they ensured was I had proper safety gear (helmet, life jacket,...)
I hope you will come out and race I am hoping to be back in grass roots in 2021.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I’m wanting to get into ski racing and was looking at the rules for the social or grass roots classes. Says the skier must have hands out front? When does the wrap come into plan cause I can’t last that long without one haha

Are you coming out to watch the races this weekend? Good time to talk to some people and get an idea what goes on. Yes you can ski wrapped in the grassroots. I don't think they have enough people do do "Social" class now days. I have a Maha "loaner" race ski you can try out if you don't have one.

Wbinder

Reaction score
Are you coming out to watch the races this weekend? Good time to talk to some people and get an idea what goes on. Yes you can ski wrapped in the grassroots. I don't think they have enough people do do "Social" class now days. I have a Maha "loaner" race ski you can try out if you don't have one.

I wish, I just got put in the work schedule for the race day so I won’t be able to make it now, but my dad will be there peeping around and asking questions

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Rules are out dated from when their use to be a whole season to ski each class in.

Year 1 Social
Year 2 Pro Social
Year 3 Novice
If you placed in Novice you were encouraged to move into your age group the following year.

That use to be the format to encourage new skiers. Hasn't been that way in years.

Just go and ski Novice. You will be fine. Even if you get last in Novice its better than just trying to get a trophy in grassroots or social.

Wbinder

Reaction score
I also read that your throttle has to have a return spring? Is that correct as well so no hand side controls?

Last edited:

racektm

Reaction score
I also read that your throttle has to have a return spring? Is that correct as well so no hand side controls?

Foot throttles are required.