WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WANTED: Morse Throttle Control Lever

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
I am in need of a chrome Morse control lever with NO PITTING.
I am reconditioning my 20 Spectra Jet and am trying to use mostly original parts.
If someone updated their thottle lever, and still has a mint chrome one, send me a PM and let me know what you have.
My throttle has the black base, but I would think they are interchangeable.
Thanks.

Attachments

• morse controler 1.gif
    morse controler 1.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 334

bent rim

Reaction score
I have one with real light pitting it would be hard to see them they are at the bottom of the lever.

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
Can you send me or post a pic? And what do you want for it?

bent rim

Reaction score
I will take a pcture of it when I get off work and try to post it.

bent rim

Reaction score
I e-mailed you the pics. Here is a guy that is, has, and will be doing work for me on the resto for my spectra. Jim Rich of e-performance marine in Bull Head City AZ. Jim has pretty fair prices and is just a hell of nice guy in my opinion.

Flat Broke

Reaction score
I e-mailed you the pics. Here is a guy that is, has, and will be doing work for me on the resto for my spectra. Jim Rich of e-performance marine in Bull Head City AZ. Jim has pretty fair prices and is just a hell of nice guy in my opinion.

:smackhead Good luck with that. I hope by restoration, you don't mean anything more involved than changing cables or carpet.

On another note: Mods, can I get an IP check on aisle 5, cause the "hell of a nice guy" just reeks of some contrived BS. Either that or I should be trying to sell a bridge to Bent Rim.

As a matter of fact, as I sit here looking at the quote with the tags, I only know one guy who would go through the hassle of changing the color of "e-performance marine" to blue, but not make it a link. I'm calling this as I see it, and I think we have a little JR alias running amuck on ol' RD's site.

If I'm wrong I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling, I won't be apologizing for much.

Flat Broke

Reaction score
I am in need of a chrome Morse control lever with NO PITTING.
I am reconditioning my 20 Spectra Jet and am trying to use mostly original parts.
If someone updated their thottle lever, and still has a mint chrome one, send me a PM and let me know what you have.
My throttle has the black base, but I would think they are interchangeable.
Thanks.

If by the black base, you mean the integrated shifter/throttle, I might have one. I'll have to dig it out of a parts bin, so I can't get you an answer until next week, but if I do and it's clean, it's yours for whatever it costs to get it to you. In the mean time, if you can get me the O.D. of the barrel on your existing lever, and the length from the base of the handle to the end of the barrel, I'll be able to tell you if one from a standard Morse shifter like the pic you posted will interchange.

Chris

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
If by the black base, you mean the integrated shifter/throttle, I might have one. I'll have to dig it out of a parts bin, so I can't get you an answer until next week, but if I do and it's clean, it's yours for whatever it costs to get it to you. In the mean time, if you can get me the O.D. of the barrel on your existing lever, and the length from the base of the handle to the end of the barrel, I'll be able to tell you if one from a standard Morse shifter like the pic you posted will interchange.

Chris
My base and linkage associated with the shifter are all good and tight. It's just the chrome lever that I wanted to replace. I'll see that pic when I get to work on Monday.
Thanks, Len

stickman07

Reaction score
Mine is the intergrated shifter/throttle and is loose as a goose. Anybody know where to get a new one, maybe red anodized ? It'll be comming off tomorrow and may be able to tighten it up, but won't hold the nozzle flap down in reverse. Who needs to go backwards anyway ????

bent rim

Reaction score
:smackhead Good luck with that. I hope by restoration, you don't mean anything more involved than changing cables or carpet.

On another note: Mods, can I get an IP check on aisle 5, cause the "hell of a nice guy" just reeks of some contrived BS. Either that or I should be trying to sell a bridge to Bent Rim.

As a matter of fact, as I sit here looking at the quote with the tags, I only know one guy who would go through the hassle of changing the color of "e-performance marine" to blue, but not make it a link. I'm calling this as I see it, and I think we have a little JR alias running amuck on ol' RD's site.

If I'm wrong I apologize in advance, but I get the feeling, I won't be apologizing for much.

Hey Flat Broke, Whats your deal? You or someone you know has had a beef with him obviously. He has done good by me so far. PM me with any questions you have hell I will even PM you my number, but I really don't believe you need to bash me on on the forum if I did you no wrong. By the way what kind of bridge?

Thank you, Geno

Flat Broke

Reaction score
Hey Flat Broke, Whats your deal? You or someone you know has had a beef with him obviously. He has done good by me so far. PM me with any questions you have hell I will even PM you my number, but I really don't believe you need to bash me on on the forum if I did you no wrong. By the way what kind of bridge?

Thank you, Geno

Geno,

Like I said, I apologize in advance if I was wrong, and based on your pm, it looks like I might be. Too bad hotboat is gone or I could point you to some great reading on Jim/squirtin thunder. He never burned me in a deal, bt others haven't been as lucky. Good luck with the project, and sorry bout the mixup.

Alen,
I was talking about justthe lever, I just wanted to verify which base you had. I'll have a peek by Tuesday at theatest and hit you up with what I have. Just the lever should fit in a usps priority mail box for $5. I'll get measurements off the lever and barrel when I find it.

Chris

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
Geno,

Like I said, I apologize in advance if I was wrong, and based on your pm, it looks like I might be. Too bad hotboat is gone or I could point you to some great reading on Jim/squirtin thunder. He never burned me in a deal, bt others haven't been as lucky. Good luck with the project, and sorry bout the mixup.

Alen,
I was talking about justthe lever, I just wanted to verify which base you had. I'll have a peek by Tuesday at theatest and hit you up with what I have. Just the lever should fit in a usps priority mail box for $5. I'll get measurements off the lever and barrel when I find it.

Chris

I took a couple pics to show what I have. The pitting isn't really bad, but I'm replacing all the hardware on the boat and if I can find a mint lever, it would be nicer.
The base was black. I had it powder coated in what I thought was going to be chrome, and this is what I ended with. That's what you get from a Craigslist powder coater at bargain prices. It's actually not bad and should match the colors in my stripes .

Attachments

• 101_0002.jpg
    101_0002.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 101_0003.jpg
    101_0003.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 101_0004.jpg
    101_0004.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 141

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Jim Rich is a crook, theif, sheister, scam artist, con artist...

If you pay him it is only a matter of time before you get burned.. If you associate with him it is only a matter of time before you'll get associated with his reputation.

Everything from running illegal salvage operations with no license, insurance, you name it.. To ripping people off for parts, and everything in between.

Don't say you haven't been warned.

RD

bent rim

Reaction score

If you pay him it is only a matter of time before you get burned.. If you associate with him it is only a matter of time before you'll get associated with his reputation.

Everything from running illegal salvage operations with no license, insurance, you name it.. To ripping people off for parts, and everything in between.

RD

I need a hook up with someone else to do my floor, glass in my tanks, place some wood in the transom area, glass in some stringers with a keel board, and fill the holes in my dash and other areas. I live in AZ. and I will obviously drive as far as BHC to get work done. Any one got someone in mind? Parker, Havasu, Needles, Bull Head? It sucks being new to this area and not knowing who to trust, so far there has not been a boat shop with a desent name around this area.

And I am sorry Len this topic has jack your thread.

BIGAMIST

Reaction score

RD

Tell us how you really feel LOL :D.

Flat Broke

Reaction score
I dug my spare Morse one out of the box of ol' Spectra stuff, and it's pitted similar to yours. Not quite as big of dots, but a few more of em.

Sorry,
Chris

SPECTRALEN

Reaction score
I dug my spare Morse one out of the box of ol' Spectra stuff, and it's pitted similar to yours. Not quite as big of dots, but a few more of em.

Sorry,
Chris

No biggy, Thanks anyway.
If anything, I'll have mine reconditioned down the road. For now it's not so bad.:cool: