WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Wanting to go check out the Delta

Bugginout

Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction of a cool place to stay? We have been in parker most of my life and I want to check it out up there. Air bNb on the river? Hotel on the river? Next couple of weeks I'm looking at. Not dragging the boat or trailer this time. Just kind of wanted to go feel it out.

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
VROB a home in Discovery Bay. From there, you can go anywhere. Just make sure your near the "fast water" anything off the launch ramp channel or indian slough... Avoid the back bays that wrap back into Highway 4. You will spend more time idling then exploring. Take your boat. No point in going up there without one. Worse case rent a pontoon from the Yatch Harbor.

Order one of these before you go. https://www.deltaboatingmap.com/shop/folded-california-delta-map

Bugginout

Reaction score
Ok maybe I will grab the boat. Discovery bay. I will look now thank you very much!

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Ok maybe I will grab the boat. Discovery bay. I will look now thank you very much!

Study a map before you go like the one on the link i posted. It can get a little over whelming when you start to drive around the sloughs but once you get the general lay out, you start to make sense of it. Everything is an island for the most part, you can always circle back around.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Do you have an RV? We always stay at Sugar Barge RV Resort off of Franks Tract.

My dad's older brother lives in disco bay, it is awesome but those above are correct, a lot of idling if you are buried in the neighborhood.

Kbach

Reaction score
Do you have an RV? We always stay at Sugar Barge RV Resort off of Franks Tract.

My dad's older brother lives in disco bay, it is awesome but those above are correct, a lot of idling if you are buried in the neighborhood.

Just dug around their site and looks like it might be worth a look for a trip sometime later this year. Only concern was the lack of 50A service. During the hotter months I’m not sure I’d like to be there with only 30A service which limits the AC use on my moho.

Bugginout

Reaction score
I've got a 32 foot Forrest river tow behind. So the boat is doable if tires in havasu are in stock for boat and cheaper than 5 sheets of plywood 🤣 we leave the trailer on the spot from March until October usually. But if there are spots like that there I am thinking of switching it up and maybe dropping the trailer up there next season. I am so tired 125 degrees and there some/alot of new types of people in parker/havasu now. Maybe I am just getting old. We have friends that live in Paradise and Chico and the Delta is way closer to hang out with them as well. Yes it's an 8 hour drive but hell I don't mind driving as long as I am not towing most of the time.

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
I've got a 32 foot Forrest river tow behind. So the boat is doable if tires in havasu are in stock for boat and cheaper than 5 sheets of plywood 🤣 we leave the trailer on the spot from March until October usually. But if there are spots like that there I am thinking of switching it up and maybe dropping the trailer up there next season. I am so tired 125 degrees and there some/alot of new types of people in parker/havasu now. Maybe I am just getting old. We have friends that live in Paradise and Chico and the Delta is way closer to hang out with them as well. Yes it's an 8 hour drive but hell I don't mind driving as long as I am not towing most of the time.
I have spent a few weekends over the years at B & W Resort Marina. Nothing fancy but very enjoyable and laid back.
Website
Directions
Save

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Sounds right up my alley! I stay at castle rock in Parker. We say it's a one star resort with 5 star people.

If your going to Motor Home, look into Tiki Lagoon. One of the better located Marina's in my opinion. Half way between Disco Bay/ access to the San Joaquin where all the river bars ect are.

Sugar Barge is one of the nicer camp grounds but crossing Franks Track gets old. Also, your on the main arms of the San Joaquin lots of boats, large and small. Whole point of the Delta is to stay in the sloughs and find glass around every corner.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
If you do come my way, reach out. My Howard 28 Bullet is in Parker and up for sale with Paul at Outdrive 1. I would be happy to show you around if you bring your boat.

Bugginout

Reaction score
If you do come my way, reach out. My Howard 28 Bullet is in Parker and up for sale with Paul at Outdrive 1. I would be happy to show you around if you bring your boat.
Ok that sounds like cool and nice boat by the way.