WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Warlock 25 and 23 info needed

TooSober

Reaction score
What is everyone's options on these boats and any major differences between the two? Both "V" hulls not cats. The 23" is a 2001 and the 25 is a 2004. TIA

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
Long time friend had a Ultimate 21v, they were pre Warlock , and was a good riding boat handled the chop really well
If i remember correct the owners split and one went Warlock the other did go very far they were using the same molds different name
overall i belive they are a good boote just need good eyes to check it over

TooSober

Reaction score
Long time friend had a Ultimate 21v, they were pre Warlock , and was a good riding boat handled the chop really well
If i remember correct the owners split and one went Warlock the other did go very far they were using the same molds different name
overall i belive they are a good boote just need good eyes to check it over
Thanks

Blazen Js

Reaction score
Do you have a pic you could share of the 23 Warlock? In the mid 90s Ultra, Ultimate, Warloclk, & Ultimate Warlock we’re all using the same molds. That’s a GREAT hull! It’s big for a 23’ and really wide. I’m not sure if this hull is from the same mold in 2001?? See my avatar for 1994 23’ Ultra reference.

sczagurs

Reaction score
I owned A 25’ World Class, handled very well in the chop. If you want to know anything more let me know.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Our family had a 1996 23 Ultimate Warlock MCOB. Sold to a friend in 2001 who still owns it. Super solid boats. Biggest 23’ around. 24 degree vee rode very smooth. We even used it offshore.

Only concern would be who built the boat at that time period. As said, the molds changed hands a few times and were built by different people over the years so not sure quality is the same throughout. But a great Hull nonetheless.

TooSober

Reaction score
I owned A 25’ World Class, handled very well in the chop. If you want to know anything more let me know.
Anything in general i should keep an eye out for when looking at the boat. any issue they are known for?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
This is what i am looking for lol. need to be able to handle havasu better. Anything to look for on these boats or watch out for?

They are loaded with wood, as Tom says - the builds are inconsistent between the various "warlocks".
Check it out closely..get a good one and you'll like it.

UD

havasujeeper

Reaction score
All I could recommend is to make sure it has a hydraulic steering stabilizer and have K-Planes installed for high speed stability. I also added a sea strainer since mine has a low water pick up and prone to sucking crap in shallow areas.
Havasu pics (74).jpg
havasu pics (144).jpg

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Father in law has an Ultimate 23 (same hull as all of the warlock, ultra, ultimate warlock variants) and it performs really well for havasu chop. Pretty wide and roomy boat, but the midcabin is very small and almost impossible to get through if you are much larger than 6'3 and/or over 250lb. His is running a 454 through a bravo 3, fastest he said he has ever seen is in the mid 60's, says it starts to chine walk in the lower 60's.

outboard_256

Reaction score
Anything in general i should keep an eye out for when looking at the boat. any issue they are known for?

I knew of a couple that caught fire due to wrong size wires used during the Carter Reed era. He also took short cuts in the fiber glassing which showed up later. Lets just say the owners were happy that insurance paid out after the fires and moved on. If you can find out if it was a Carter Reed built boat I would stay away, resale is also hurt by the name too.

TooSober

Reaction score
I knew of a couple that caught fire due to wrong size wires used during the Carter Reed era. He also took short cuts in the fiber glassing which showed up later. Lets just say the owners were happy that insurance paid out after the fires and moved on. If you can find out if it was a Carter Reed built boat I would stay away, resale is also hurt by the name too.
How would i find that out?

Flatsix66

Reaction score
I like the idea of "nice Havasu chop ride quality", what are some other boats with similar traits that are better quality...Laveycraft NuEra?

outboard_256

Reaction score
How would i find that out?

Personally I am not an warlock expert and never owned one. Just knew a few people that did. But I would so a lot of searches. Lots of info on him and unsatifisfed customers, you just have to kinda piece together what years he was working their and if your boat was in that time frame. It gets kind of murky so you have to piece it together.

Here are some:

TooSober

Reaction score
Personally I am not an warlock expert and never owned one. Just knew a few people that did. But I would so a lot of searches. Lots of info on him and unsatifisfed customers, you just have to kinda piece together what years he was working their and if your boat was in that time frame. It gets kind of murky so you have to piece it together.

Here are some:

thanks for the info!

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I like the idea of "nice Havasu chop ride quality", what are some other boats with similar traits that are better quality...Laveycraft NuEra?
Lavey 24 and 26 would fall into that category. Advantage 22 Citation is a good size 22 too.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Father in law has an Ultimate 23 (same hull as all of the warlock, ultra, ultimate warlock variants) and it performs really well for havasu chop. Pretty wide and roomy boat, but the midcabin is very small and almost impossible to get through if you are much larger than 6'3 and/or over 250lb. His is running a 454 through a bravo 3, fastest he said he has ever seen is in the mid 60's, says it starts to chine walk in the lower 60's.
That’s what was in ours, 454 mag and Bravo 3. Ran ~65 but I don’t remember it ever chine walking. Ours was a non-step bottom, I think at some point they started building a single step version. Super smooth with the bravo 3 though.

boatnam2

Reaction score
My buddy has a 2001 23ft and has had it since new, runs the piss out of it and it still solid. I thought the 25 was kind of narrow and would never get it in a MCOB. If you look back around that era at the Popra offshore racing series you would see Lavey and warlock in the vee class, so I think it can handle havasu.