WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Warlock prop help!

450pirate

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a 21.5 foot warlock with a built 454 (475 hp? Not sure) and a bravo one drive. I recently test drove it with a bravo 4 blade 22p prop. The boat had a great hole shot and a lot of mid range power, but I felt like I could blow through the RPMs at 65 mph. It seemed like more of a ski set up to me. Im sure this boat can do 70+. I’m ready to drop the coin on a new prop for some more cruising and top end speed. I was thinking about a 4 blade 24p. I do have a 3 blade 23p mirage prop I could try out but I was told a four blade is the way to go with this boat. Could someone give me some real world advice before I spend all this cash on a new prop? I will just be doing general lake used in Havasu and Parker. Thank you for any info!

Attachments

• 3A13B733-7CA8-4076-851E-2B1591D3BFD4.jpeg
    3A13B733-7CA8-4076-851E-2B1591D3BFD4.jpeg
    170.4 KB · Views: 78

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently purchased a 21.5 foot warlock with a built 454 (475 hp? Not sure) and a bravo one drive. I recently test drove it with a bravo 4 blade 22p prop. The boat had a great hole shot and a lot of mid range power, but I felt like I could blow through the RPMs at 65 mph. It seemed like more of a ski set up to me. Im sure this boat can do 70+. I’m ready to drop the coin on a new prop for some more cruising and top end speed. I was thinking about a 4 blade 24p. I do have a 3 blade 23p mirage prop I could try out but I was told a four blade is the way to go with this boat. Could someone give me some real world advice before I spend all this cash on a new prop? I will just be doing general lake used in Havasu and Parker. Thank you for any info!
Although I'm not familiar with that hull, 475hp in a 21 seems like you could be a little under propped. but is it really 475hp? does it have a rev limiter? what is the red line? Assuming it has a 1.5 gear ratio you might try the 3 blade just for more info. People have a tendency to want to over prop, I run a 24 4 blade B-1 with a 496HO @ 425 hp and can occasionally hit the rev limiter (5150rpm) @ at about 70, If I use the 26 B1 with 4 people, fuel and in the heat of summer I can't hit the red line which means I'm lugging or stressing the engine, so the 24 is the better all around prop, although with just me on a cool morning the 26 will run slightly faster. Also some people feel that if you're cruising at say 50mph with lower RPMS that good, but it's not really if your stressing the engine, because you can't hit red line at WOT because you're over propped. After all this rambling I really can't tell you how well a 24 would work, probably in the ballpark. I can say a 4 blade usually is smoother in turns, but sometimes a 3 blade could be better top end. Also consider how good your steering set up is if you start pushing beyond 65-70. Welcome to RDP.

Last edited:

H8Plow

Reaction score
Get in touch with cutting edge propellers in Orange County.

Imop with your hp range you are right around a 24p (definitely a 4 blade prop). A labbed 24p might just be your ticket, it is what I run in a 24’ 450hp with a B1. Towing tubes or with a lot of bodies on the boat I swap out to a 22p.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Get in touch with cutting edge propellers in Orange County.

Imop with your hp range you are right around a 24p (definitely a 4 blade prop). A labbed 24p might just be your ticket, it is what I run in a 24’ 450hp with a B1. Towing tubes or with a lot of bodies on the boat I swap out to a 22p.
Labbed is like ordering a soda at Denny’s. Everyone tosses that around like “oooohhh ahhhh labbed” but it just simply means modified.
ideally on any set up you want a stock/fresh prop. Than take to a prop shop with your data and have them “lab” to your needs.

IE: Less diameter. Less rake. More rake. Less pitch. More pitch. Leave the bell. Remove the bell. Shorten the bell.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
You may also want to do a search for a 5 blade 21 or 23. Im not a smart man I watch my rpms and just mentally record prop performance and make my adjustments based on that. Like @02HoWaRd26 said labbed is one of those terms everyone throws around but don't know the true meaning. I didn't know until now and I'm guilty of of using the term to sell props but in my defense the previous owners of them said they were.

Anymore between mercury, hill marine, bblades, and any other prop maker you're bound to find a boxed prop that will suit your needs just fine.

Best of luck!!

H8Plow

Reaction score
Labbed is like ordering a soda at Denny’s. Everyone tosses that around like “oooohhh ahhhh labbed” but it just simply means modified.
ideally on any set up you want a stock/fresh prop. Than take to a prop shop with your data and have them “lab” to your needs.

IE: Less diameter. Less rake. More rake. Less pitch. More pitch. Leave the bell. Remove the bell. Shorten the bell.
Some people may “toss” it around, however I ran a 24p and it worked great from my 22p and did what I needed. It was recommended to me by the shop to lab it to get a bit more out of it and it did just that. If you read what I posted I suggested a 24p, labbing was an option.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Some people may “toss” it around, however I ran a 24p and it worked great from my 22p and did what I needed. It was recommended to me by the shop to lab it to get a bit more out of it and it did just that. If you read what I posted I suggested a 24p, labbing was an option.
Well exactly, and wasn’t to go at you but to use your words as example. Labbed is thrown around like “this is labbed it’s better” where labbed just means altered. As IE: I logged in just now to post a prop for sale, it’s been labbed/worked, but i do not know exactly what has been done to it.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
@H8Plow my apologies if I came off grouping you in with anyone. I understand you know what "labbed" means.