WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Warning for owners short term rentals

boatpi

Reaction score
I have a house I run out usually between three and six weeks it usually to corporate never had an issue for three years. It’s an exceptionally large lot so it doesn’t interfere too much with the neighbors and it’s a quiet neighborhood again not one issue.

Over the last three months we’ve had larger and larger groups of people staying there it’s sleeps about 10 but people come over in the afternoon and almost make it to a party house but not quite over the top where it’s ridiculous.

anyone looked at the news yesterday they had a huge party house off of Mulholland Drive about 200 hood rats got into a shooting up there. It’s probably a three or $4 million house.

let’s flip back to Las Vegas that happened to me about two weeks ago a nice family rented it 75 hood rats showed up in the evening and were there till 4:30 AM.
I had their ass out by 1 PM the next day even though they had a contract for over three weeks.

being an open minded guy I always look at the facts, I did some research every knucklehead that’s rented the place in the last two months has been from LA area, left it dirty, stolen a few things here and there that I can’t replace etc. my guess is it’s all the free Trump money they’re getting.

I shut it down no reservations until September October.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I have a house I run out usually between three and six weeks it usually to corporate never had an issue for three years. It’s an exceptionally large lot so it doesn’t interfere too much with the neighbors and it’s a quiet neighborhood again not one issue.

Over the last three months we’ve had larger and larger groups of people staying there it’s sleeps about 10 but people come over in the afternoon and almost make it to a party house but not quite over the top where it’s ridiculous.

anyone looked at the news yesterday they had a huge party house off of Mulholland Drive about 200 hood rats got into a shooting up there. It’s probably a three or $4 million house.

let’s flip back to Las Vegas that happened to me about two weeks ago a nice family rented it 75 hood rats showed up in the evening and were there till 4:30 AM.
I had their ass out by 1 PM the next day even though they had a contract for over three weeks.

being an open minded guy I always look at the facts, I did some research every knucklehead that’s rented the place in the last two months has been from LA area, left it dirty, stolen a few things here and there that I can’t replace etc. my guess is it’s all the free Trump money they’re getting.

I know a site where you can replace DeWalt tools for cheap if they stole any of those.

boatpi

Reaction score
And look at the news yesterday that hotel in Anaheim about 200 hood rats got into a big brawl by the pool with makeshift weapons

Starloans

Reaction score
There are always Kali plates driving around here in Vegas but lately there are A LOT of Kali plates in town. I guess they figure it's Vegas so they come here any rules are relaxed including Rona rules. Fuckers drive worse than Vegas mutants and that's fucked up!!!

hallett21

Reaction score

Our havasu house had a shit show weekend about a month ago. Some of Henderson’s finest ghetto rats left rotting meat outside, in our garbage disposal, in a pot outside.

Said they had 5 people there. Well there was enough trash for 10-15.

We shut rentals down until the snow birds show up.

All in all still made a good amount of money but people really suck sometimes.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Define hood rats? 🤔😊 just so I know for future reference. 😂

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Vegas was SUPER ghetto last weekend. There were hood folks running around everywhere. It is definitely the unemployment money and stimulus checks.

I blocked my house in Havasu on AirBNB and VRBO because I was getting too many requests for 6-8 adults, which I was turning down without penalty "due to COVID"

This was a conversation I had with someone off whipper classifieds a few weeks ago. I always make sure to peep their profile during the conversation....... :p :p :p

ss.jpg

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Vegas was SUPER ghetto last weekend. There were hood folks running around everywhere. It is definitely the unemployment money and stimulus checks.

I blocked my house in Havasu on AirBNB and VRBO because I was getting too many requests for 6-8 adults, which I was turning down without penalty "due to COVID"

This was a conversation I had with someone off whipper classifieds a few weeks ago. I always make sure to peep their profile during the conversation....... :p :p :p

View attachment 907414
hahah! any follow up text?

2Driver

Reaction score
Buddy outside of Payson in the a forest community has a couple vrbo’s next to him. He said they will routinely have 7-10 cars out front and the owner has no clue. Even with the forest fire ban and signage everywhere, they built a 8’ tall pallet fire in the front yard! literally dug a pit in the front yard.

The same thing with my buddy in Ouray CO. The house down the street had 12 cars lined up over night.

These weren't party rats, but multiple families jamming in to reduce individual cost despite the rule on occupancy limits. LOL so much for the septic system.

Fuck if I could ever be a landlord too many other ways to make a buck. but thats me.

Last edited:

STV_Keith

Reaction score
What part of town is the house in? Got a pool? A friend was looking for a stay-cation house with a pool for his gir's bday weekend recently...

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score

View attachment 907414
I guess you won't be renting to me anytime soon. 😂

River Runnin

Reaction score
And look at the news yesterday that hotel in Anaheim about 200 hood rats got into a big brawl by the pool with makeshift weapons
Target rich environments! ... It's coming! 😑

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

View attachment 907414

That's pretty funny! On a side note, does you listing have your address of the house? If it does might want to be careful messing with people coming from out of town.

traquer

Reaction score
I would only rent to someone with a strong review history. Easy on Airbnb, not sure how VRBO works? For several weeks/month rent, can you do a credit check? If anything, you'll have their real name so you can check out their FB profiles.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
That's pretty funny! On a side note, does you listing have your address of the house? If it does might want to be careful messing with people coming from out of town.
No, I only post in that group when I have a cancellation.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

petie6464

Reaction score
Have many rentals in Havasu. When one is listed 90% of applicants are multi-generation hoping to afford the current rental rates. Sad but it's the changes in our society; Haves and have nots.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Welcome to my world. Air BnB next door.
last week 7 cars in the drive. All CA.

MAYBE 3 vacant nights in the last 4 months and that’s being conservative.
Last week the worst ones yet showed up. I’ve got the cars on my home security cameras coming and going till 4 AM 2 nights in a row. The second night they woke me up at 3:45 AM out in the driveway.
I looked it up. $450 a night now, and it’s booked out for some time.
This is on a residential street with retired and full time occupants in at least 80% of the homes.
I got on Air BnB and threw an absolute fit in a memo to the owner. He’s very responsive and is taking some actions apparently...but it’s still been non stop, they just shut down by midnight now.
2-3 days per occupancy.
These owners of Air BnBs are literally cleaning up at the expense of every house around them. And yes, the “quality” of the renters had plummeted dramatically.

Over the last year the house would be vacant several nights during the week usually, then a boat or 2 with trucks would show up for 3 nights or so over the weekend.
When I see boats there it’s a good thing. They boat, throw down a bit in the pool, and go to sleep. Same if I see little kids there,
I know they won’t be up all night.

But not now. It’s full on rap and barrio music a lot of the time, cars parked all over, trash is only once a week and just the 2 cans so by trash day it’s all over the fucking place.
Not all the time, but definitely a far cry from what used to happen there.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I had a couple cancellations in April and May due to Covid so I ended up blocking out the calendar for my Vacation Rental for those months. I figured with the Trump Money and Covid it would be a shit show so I increased the rent and opened up the calendar for June and July. I had seven short-term rentals/renters (2 to 4 days each) and so far it worked out. We stayed at the place a couple times in between some of the renters and everything looked ok except for the idiot that put fish in the refrigerator. It took some real effort to get the smell out of it. I also ask a couple of neighbors to see if there were any problems and there were none.

I did have a couple people ask if they could have more than the limit I have set which is 6 adults and 1 child but I said no and told them it wasn't available any longer. We have a king bed, queen bed, small childs bunk-bed and a couch with a pull-out queen so 7 is the max. This year was the first year we rented to those wanting to rent for less than a month so I was already kind of on the fence about it. Our place is a Townhouse/Condo and I know most of my neighbors in the complex so I think I would receive a text pretty quick if any shenanigans were going on. However, it's always in the back of my mind when I am going through the reservation process.

Last edited:

boatpi

Reaction score

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
A friend here in Havasu has a NICE house he rents out and limits it to four adults and no children unless previous arrangements have been made with strict limitations in place. House is almost booked solid with a lot of those being repeat customers and rarely has any problems. He was in town a few weeks ago and house was busy so he was staying at my house and he gets a call from a repeat customer showing up that there were already people in the house lol. We drove over to evict the squatters, they rented from a Kenyan on Craigslist......they didn't have a door code and wouldn't say how they got in but they packed up and left.

I would have front door/garage cameras at a minimum and strict rules about headcount if I were renting my house. So glad the house behind me and left one house sold and snowbirds bought, no more VBRO rentals near me anymore.

boatpi

Reaction score
I was getting $700 a night and they were paying it, hey its Trump money, not theirs. We are on over 1/3 acre. not even the neighbors can see into the yard, no cars permitted up front, and I have cameras to check, just not in rear yard due to privacy. I will wait for europeans and corporate folks to return in a few months, I do not need this BS.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
A friend here in Havasu has a NICE house he rents out and limits it to four adults and no children unless previous arrangements have been made with strict limitations in place. House is almost booked solid with a lot of those being repeat customers and rarely has any problems. He was in town a few weeks ago and house was busy so he was staying at my house and he gets a call from a repeat customer showing up that there were already people in the house lol. We drove over to evict the squatters, they rented from a Kenyan on Craigslist......they didn't have a door code and wouldn't say how they got in but they packed up and left.

I would have front door/garage cameras at a minimum and strict rules about headcount if I were renting my house. So glad the house behind me and left one house sold and snowbirds bought, no more VBRO rentals near me anymore.

I didn’t know any better when I moved here.
It never occurred to me to ask about BnB’s nearby.
Lesson learned big time.
It really wasn’t so bad until this spring.
That's when everything went nuts.

Guy across the street has one backed up to his place. Some nights it’s even louder than the one next door.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
Lesson learned big time.

Guy across the street has one backed up to his place. Some nights it’s even louder than the one next door.

I'd complain every time, rental will get shut down eventually. When it affects your life ( loud late at night, people on the roof looking in to your yard/pool) it's time to go to war lol.

Taboma

Reaction score
Lesson learned big time.

I'm sure you'd be even unhappier if you'd purchased the house and had that crap with those renters to contend with. Not to mention the negative impact on your resale.

Keymyster

Reaction score

There it is!! Trump's fault. :rolleyes:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Welcome to my world. Air BnB next door.
last week 7 cars in the drive. All CA.

MAYBE 3 vacant nights in the last 4 months and that’s being conservative.
Last week the worst ones yet showed up. I’ve got the cars on my home security cameras coming and going till 4 AM 2 nights in a row. The second night they woke me up at 3:45 AM out in the driveway.
I looked it up. $450 a night now, and it’s booked out for some time.
This is on a residential street with retired and full time occupants in at least 80% of the homes.
I got on Air BnB and threw an absolute fit in a memo to the owner. He’s very responsive and is taking some actions apparently...but it’s still been non stop, they just shut down by midnight now.
2-3 days per occupancy.
These owners of Air BnBs are literally cleaning up at the expense of every house around them. And yes, the “quality” of the renters had plummeted dramatically.

Over the last year the house would be vacant several nights during the week usually, then a boat or 2 with trucks would show up for 3 nights or so over the weekend.
When I see boats there it’s a good thing. They boat, throw down a bit in the pool, and go to sleep. Same if I see little kids there,
I know they won’t be up all night.

But not now. It’s full on rap and barrio music a lot of the time, cars parked all over, trash is only once a week and just the 2 cans so by trash day it’s all over the fucking place.
Not all the time, but definitely a far cry from what used to happen there.

Damn Tommy....What part of town do you live in?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I'm sure you'd be even unhappier if you'd purchased the house and had that crap with those renters to contend with. Not to mention the negative impact on your resale.

If I had bought I would immediately rent it out as a BnB!!
lol
To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if I got kicked out as a long term renter so they could put this little house up for $350 a night no pool or anything. (One year Lease is up next week...)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Damn Tommy....What part of town do you live in?

Lol
“That’s a great area” they said!
“Nice and quite” they said!

I’m off of N Palo Verde Lake side.
Stones throw from the cemetery.
It’s a great neighborhood. All my neighbors are way cool and say hi and we always talk to each other when we are outside...usually about the damned air BnB’s!

Up around the way on the corner of Honeybee is “The castle”.
It’s a bad ass. Moat/ pool goes around like half the house. It’s huge. Can’t even imagine what he’s getting per night.
The good thing is that if it gets too bad I can leave. My lease is up!

EBT531

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone else say the issues Scottsdale is having with them. It was on the news when a teenager was shot fleeing from a party and they mentioned this was the second Airbnb party shooting in that neighborhood in a month. People are renting and throwing huge house parties.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Lol
“That’s a great area” they said!
“Nice and quite” they said!

I’m off of N Palo Verde Lake side.
Stones throw from the cemetery.
It’s a great neighborhood. All my neighbors are way cool and say hi and we always talk to each other when we are outside...usually about the damned air BnB’s!

Up around the way on the corner of Honeybee is “The castle”.
It’s a bad ass. Moat/ pool goes around like half the house. It’s huge. Can’t even imagine what he’s getting per night.
The good thing is that if it gets too bad I can leave. My lease is up!

Gotcha. I will have to check out the castle when I am in town in September. We are down in the south side of town. Big street but rather quite.

Taboma

Reaction score
If I had bought I would immediately rent it out as a BnB!!
lol
To be honest I wouldn’t be surprised if I got kicked out as a long term renter so they could put this little house up for $350 a night no pool or anything. (One year Lease is up next week...)

I hope that's not the case. If I recall, even when you take off to find H20, you were planning on continuing your rental.
Does the landlord know you're building planes in the house :eek: 😂

zhandfull

Reaction score
Damn, you almost have to have a party to cover these huge rental fees you guys charge. 😁

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I hope that's not the case. If I recall, even when you take off to find H20, you were planning on continuing your rental.
Does the landlord know you're building planes in the house :eek: 😂

Landlord doesn’t care what I do.
I pay in advance, like clockwork, and take care of the house as if it’s mine.

The last house I rented (in Vacaville CA) the landlord wept openly when I left a year ago. I was paying at least $200 a month under comp when I left after 6 years. I asked him why he never raised the rent. He said “are you kidding me?? We’d have dropped the rent to keep you here..”
I’m the dream tenant.

Taboma

Reaction score
Landlord doesn’t care what I do.
I pay in advance, like clockwork, and take care of the house as if it’s mine.

The last house I rented (in Vacaville CA) the landlord wept openly when I left a year ago. I was paying at least $200 a month under comp when I left after 6 years. I asked him why he never raised the rent. He said “are you kidding me?? We’d have dropped the rent to keep you here..”
I’m the dream tenant.

I was only kidding ;) --- obviously you're building flying models, unlike my BIL who was actually building an airplane inside his house, or sections of it, but still 😂
No doubt you're a great tenant. So is my son, only problem is, he's saving up to buy the place while getting his contracting business cranked up. Problem is, to please his wife, he's done so many upgrades to the yard and house, he's probably raised it's market value an easy $ 50-75K in today's crazy market.
The owner is no dummy and seriously doubt he's going to turn away from a better offer and give my son the credit for all the free work -- yeah sure he will. :rolleyes:

I keep meaning to ask you. When you start this new drilling gig, from what I recall, it sounds like a large (Deep) well you'll be drilling. Is this for a municipality ?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I was only kidding ;) --- obviously you're building flying models, unlike my BIL who was actually building an airplane inside his house, or sections of it, but still 😂
No doubt you're a great tenant. So is my son, only problem is, he's saving up to buy the place while getting his contracting business cranked up. Problem is, to please his wife, he's done so many upgrades to the yard and house, he's probably raised it's market value an easy $ 50-75K in today's crazy market.
The owner is no dummy and seriously doubt he's going to turn away from a better offer and give my son the credit for all the free work -- yeah sure he will. :rolleyes:

I keep meaning to ask you. When you start this new drilling gig, from what I recall, it sounds like a large (Deep) well you'll be drilling. Is this for a municipality ?

Lol
I know you were joking!
I come off more serious than I really am sometimes.

But yeah, the outfit that I’m supposed to go work for does a wide range of different types of drilling.
The particular rig I ran for them before is primarily suited for municipal code wells.
(City wells)
In Arizona that generally means 1000’- 1500’ deep and probably 27” or bigger final OD after logging and engineering.
They’re a real good outfit and I look forward to getting back to work with them.

How long has your son been a tenant there?
Sometimes owners can be a lot more appreciative than you might think, especially if they are eying full tome retirement.

Taboma

Reaction score
Lol
I know you were joking!
I come off more serious than I really am sometimes.

But yeah, the outfit that I’m supposed to go work for does a wide range of different types of drilling.
The particular rig I ran for them before is primarily suited for municipal code wells.
(City wells)
In Arizona that generally means 1000’- 1500’ deep and probably 27” or bigger final OD after logging and engineering.
They’re a real good outfit and I look forward to getting back to work with them.

How long has your son been a tenant there?
Sometimes owners can be a lot more appreciative than you might think, especially if they are eying full tome retirement.

I guess my son and family has lived in that rental for at least 6 years. For sure changed it from just being an OK small house to a really cute comfy home. Street appeal a huge improvement and back yard a really cool place to hang out --- but it's going to appraise for so much more than it would have when they moved in. Just not sure how any owner, appreciative or not, could leave at least $ 50K sitting on the table. BUT, he would save any hassle with selling or RE commissions etc --- so there is that.

gqchris

Reaction score
One of my good friends is a DJ with some pretty big connections. He says alot of these hip hop stars and their entourages, which is HUGE they travel in the 100's, are renting AirBNB's and just partying day and night. Since the clubs are closed they are making their own "clubs".They trash one place, and head to the next. It seems like this is what is happening right now. I couldn't believe it till I saw it on news the other night.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind renting a pool home in Havasu or Vegas for a couple days. We wouldn't be cooking or making a mess, just eating out and enjoying the pool. Only three of us.