WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Washing the Boat and Detailing - Spray Waxes

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well you guys asked for it, so this is the new "Detail" section where people can post pics of what they use, ask questions, see what other people are using to clean, and what works best etc..

So this is cleaning the boat to get it at least "presentable." And is kinda "part 1" of what will end up being a full detail in my garage.

The last time I took the boat out I just pulled it out of the water, and stuck it in the garage and left it for a month. I hate doing that, but I have had so much shit going on I just haven't had time to clean it at all. So that being said the waterspots have had plenty of time to really "set in."

There's lots of different water spot removers out there by all sorts of different companies.. The two that Advertise with RDP are Boat Bling, and Ducky products. For this time around I used Hotsauce. For an off the shelf "spray cleaner" or what they call a "spray wax" It is one of the more acidic, or aggressive cleaners when it comes to water spots.

Now before we get too heavy into this, I want to point out the obvious. If you are spraying something on a boat, and it is using an acid to remove water spots, then it's taking wax off with it. In short the better it removes water spots, the less UV protection you are going to have (if any) when you are done.

The reality of it is with all of these spray waxes, cleaners etc.. Is some offer more protection and less acidic power, and others offer more water spot removal and less protection. We can go back and forth on that until the cows come home, but I seriously doubt you are going to find anybody versed in that industry that will debate any of that.

In my opinion it's finding what blend works best for what purpose, and then using them for that purpose.. Or finding which blend works best for you and YOUR boat. Dark colors, light colors, age of boat, everything will play a role in that when you end up settling in on products. Me personally I tend to use a little of everything depending on the job.

The Process :
I think it's important to address the order of which you clean the boat.. If you keep an order then things get done faster. Personally I drop the tongue jack down pretty low on this Schiada because then I can reach across the deck easier. Then I will start at the bow, and do the edge and gunnels / top all the way to the transom. Then I do the other side, then switching to the sides of the boat. Then I do the deck in the middle of the bow. Then I will do the transom.. And when I'm done with all of that I will do the bottom of the boat as far back as I can reach under the trailer. After that I do the trailer, fenders, tires, etc..

By breaking it into sections, and following the same routine over and over my whole life, it makes things go faster, and you don't miss any spots because you have broken it into a bunch of small jobs instead of one large job.

I had just cleaned my non skid with a scrub brush and degreaser a few trips back so it still looks pretty good. What I use to just kind of maintain that is to use pretty much any spray wax, in this case Hot Sauce. I spray it in 1 - 2' sections and then take a microfiber and fold it a few times and just go over that section, in both directions and then in circular motions real quick. It actually works better then you would think.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437366236.996739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437366222.278629.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437366246.479879.jpg

Now my boat splatters water up on the transom and a little ways up the sides. Those water spots are baked in by the sun when we are out running around for the day. Under the garage lights, even though the boat looks "clean" you can still see the outlines of the spots.. If you run your hand over the fiberglass it wont' feel smooth to the touch.

For this area of the boat, in my experience, none of the off the shelf "spray waxes" are going to take these off.. Ducky makes some pretty aggressive water spot removers that probably would, but I don't have any of them here at the moment. So I just use my old "go to" which is lime away. I have used it for years, and it has never hurt anything, so those that would tell you it does are more interested in selling you something then reality if I had to guess. It's cheap and readily available and it works kick ass. Spray it on a rag and get it damp, and then just gently wipe back and forth.. You will feel the rag kind of drag across the water spots on the first pass, and then it will become smooth and slippery in the next couple of passes.

* Tip, if you want to detail your vents, hinges, grab handles etc.. just wipe this damp rag over them and they will look new again. You can use a toothbrush with Lime Away on it to get into small areas like the vents themselves.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437366257.283281.jpg

Now the entire boat and trailer are wiped down, and free of water spots, free of most the wax, and "presentable." So Stacy jumped in and vacuumed the boat, and wiped the entire interior down with Vinyl sauce. I'm not one to state the obvious but you need to pull the cushions and wipe down all the contact areas to do it correctly, or your just being a lazy ass..

Please note, we had already done our once a year "Scrubbing Bubbles" clean on the interior to make it look new, so from here on out it's just wipe down products.. (You can use scrubbing bubbles as much as you want so long as you follow it up with a protectant.. I just do it once a year though in my crazy annual detail)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437366266.402570.jpg

Now if I was going to go out for a quick day trip or something this is good enough to run it.. If I'm going to Parker or something for the weekend, then I would wax it first.

At some point in the near future I'll be waxing the boat.. For this I have lots of waxes that I use including my trusty old "Gel Gloss." The last time I waxed it though I used Ducky's "Super Wet" and really liked how it went on, and how the boat looked when I was done, so I'll be using that again.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
U called hot sauce a spray wax. Is there any wax in there or is it just water spot removal. I usually wipe down w hot sauce then hit w quickie sauce. I'll wax every third trip

CobraDave

Reaction score
One thing I have been doing lately is diluting hot sauce 1:1 with distilled water. It still works really good and bottles last twice as long. The key is a good periodic wax and keeping your boat wiped down after taking it out of the water.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
U called hot sauce a spray wax. Is there any wax in there or is it just water spot removal. I usually wipe down w hot sauce then hit w quickie sauce. I'll wax every third trip

The bottle says it has a polymer wax in it..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437407462.533780.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Quickie Sauce is what they are calling their spray wax. I'm betting the wax in Hot Sauce is to counteract the acid RD is speaking of.

I have their quickie sauce and pro sauce haven't tried the pro yet. I use quickie every trip or everyother

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have their quickie sauce and pro sauce haven't tried the pro yet. I use quickie every trip or everyother

I believe the quickie sauce is less acid more wax.. I'd have to ask Zach or Patrick about that.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I switched over from the Ducky brand years ago to Hot Sauce. Have not tried any of the new Ducky products out. Just tried the Boat Bling vinyl and conditioner this weekend (Thanks again Boat Bling) and it works great just like the Hot sauce. I have seen some posts about not doing the hatch with the conditioner before going out. Sure enough with some rain my buddy slid off the back but was unscathed. Boat sure needs a extended swip step which I plan to add this winter.

Reactions: TPC

Bucketlist

Reaction score
I am reviving this thread and hoping to get updated opinions and feedback on what everyone is using to clean and remove water spots from the boats gel coat. I have used Hot Sauce ever since it was introduced years ago. It has always worked well for me In removing water spots, lake water grime, etc. However, I have always disliked its strong smell. And the smell seems to linger with you long after cleaning your boat. Once you spray it and it becomes airborne, the wind carries it to your clothes and skin, which I get to enjoy for the 5 hour ride home. So is there another product that works well without the strong smell?

JFMFG

Reaction score
I am reviving this thread and hoping to get updated opinions and feedback on what everyone is using to clean and remove water spots from the boats gel coat. I have used Hot Sauce ever since it was introduced years ago. It has always worked well for me In removing water spots, lake water grime, etc. However, I have always disliked its strong smell. And the smell seems to linger with you long after cleaning your boat. Once you spray it and it becomes airborne, the wind carries it to your clothes and skin, which I get to enjoy for the 5 hour ride home. So is there another product that works well without the strong smell?
I’ve been using a product called Aftermath by shine supply. Works great.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
we
We use it cleaning the RV shower, then come back with a coat of Lemon Pledge. Yeah its a strong smell but it dissipates fast with the vent and windows open. I like the smell but women have a much stronger sense of smell.

Last edited:

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I’ve always just stuck with meguiars. I am super happy with the latest water spot remover. No streaking no vinegar smell and I know it’s made by a company with a lot of R&D.

I love to support the mom and pops but can’t stand the vinegar base.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score

*holsters ban hammer*

Bumping a thread from 2015?! You trying to be a bot? Sheesh! 😆🤣

I switched to Aftermath and Ignition by Shine Supply after we got our boat ceramic coated. They work awesome.

JFMFG

Reaction score
*holsters ban hammer*

Bumping a thread from 2015?! You trying to be a bot? Sheesh! 😆🤣

I switched to Aftermath and Ignition by Shine Supply after we got our boat ceramic coated. They work awesome.
Agreed.

Singleton

Reaction score
Ceramic Coated boat, use the spray that Detail Specialties provides for free and that's it.
I need to do that, but need to get my gel fixed first. Guess I should see if Chris can coordinate all that come October

N2DEEEP

Reaction score
Xtreme products, works great and smells better! My cousin was using Hot Sauce, but he switched over as well.

Dcb.blake

Reaction score
I’ve been using the xtreme stuff or however you spell it. Works great for my day use. I use the orange one for the boat spray wax then the interior cleaner. For the pods I just use the aerosol glass cleaner in a white and blue can. Works better than windex.

The orange xtreme stuff works well afyer pulling out after a day on the water. No problem with the water spots on the transom.

I always make sure to use a clean microfiber as the small dirt particles will make little micro scratches if they get too dirty.

Recently left the boat in the water for 5 days and the scum line was terrible. Tried everything and couldn’t get it off. I ordered some fsr gel cleaner and that was what got it off. Lots of work to go through the whole bottom of the boat. Then go back with an actual wax as the gel cleaner strips everything off it seems. Nasty ass pirates dock water…..

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Nitrile gloves are a must with Hot Sauce.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Depends on the circumstance...

If the boat sits in a slip for a few days its hot sauce at a minimum...with biokleen hull cleaner for the exhaust and other stainless stuff followed by wax in those areas....

Daily use... I like the xtreme stuff..I have bottles of the different versions.. You have to change micro's more often but its a milder product. Their tire stuff is something else...try it once...I can assure you it will be your permanent go too.. Mike knocked that out of the park.

Every weekend we use it, it gets power washed, wiped down etc.. The new whip from @BoatWhipz Marine Lighting honestly had that thing lit up like Christmas Sunday night while I was cleaning it.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Hot sauce does a great job at removing water spots but as the summer goes on, the boat gets harder and harder to clean.

I havnt found a great cleaner all on one waxer to help that problem.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
On my boat (painted, ceramic) I use Hot Sauce. Those guys are pals and even if something worked better, the marginal gains aren’t worth not supporting a friend.

I tried some of the DS ceramic spray stuff. In my unscientific, side by side comparison, the Hot Sauce left more of a shine than did the ceramic spray. It was ok, just more of a matte finish than a shine.

If my boat stays in at the Islander for 4-5 days, the crap at the waterline is like the hard-water line in my pool. Gotta spray, wipe, repeat several times to get through it. Havasu water is the worst I’ve ever experienced. Lake Pleasant used to be ok, until CAP water replaced local run-off

Singleton

Reaction score
On my boat (painted, ceramic) I use Hot Sauce. Those guys are pals and even if something worked better, the marginal gains aren’t worth not supporting a friend.

I tried some of the DS ceramic spray stuff. In my unscientific, side by side comparison, the Hot Sauce left more of a shine than did the ceramic spray. It was ok, just more of a matte finish than a shine.

If my boat stays in at the Islander for 4-5 days, the crap at the waterline is like the hard-water line in my pool. Gotta spray, wipe, repeat several times to get through it. Havasu water is the worst I’ve ever experienced. Lake Pleasant used to be ok, until CAP water replaced local run-off
The cove at the Islander is hard on the boat.
Not sure why, never had these issues when parked at the Nautical or Marina for a few days

Joker

Reaction score
What’s going to bring these back to life?
B5866BDF-EF21-4C7B-AF0A-A53EB3B75C58.jpeg FDCFB8C1-D8CA-4C84-BE62-CE56AC42A5CC.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I’ve always just stuck with meguiars. I am super happy with the latest water spot remover. No streaking no vinegar smell and I know it’s made by a company with a lot of R&D.

I love to support the mom and pops but can’t stand the vinegar base.

This. Meguiars works great and you can buy a gallon cheaper than a bottle of sauce, bling or shine.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
What’s going to bring these back to life?
View attachment 1220304 View attachment 1220305
I don't think you get out of polishing that.

Or maybe

I'm worried about suggesting their water spot remover on that raw aluminum..I think it will etch too quickly.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I bought Hot Sauce for the exterior and interior to use on my boat....the interior Vinyl Sauce works great, takes red Gatorade out (ask my son how he knows)...but the exterior shine, i found that my old tried and true Maguaris Quick Detailer spray works a lot better in my opinion..

propcheck

Reaction score
Good call reviving the thread as chemicals are constantly changing 👍
I would like to share my newest favorite spray wax the Turtle Wax ceramic hybrid quick detail. We try everything once as it comes out and with much hesitation we tried turtle wax, I must say it is insane how good it works and how long it lasts. It is priced comparable to the others but wow. It works.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
My boat is 29 years old and the horizonal surfaces are due for a wet sanding. What is good to use after sanding the oxidized areas?

ChrisV

Reaction score
I use nautishine mixed with Adam’s graphine spray. Works great for me.

So good that I slipped on the bow and ate shit. Surprised it didn't crack the fiberglass.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
My boat is 29 years old and the horizonal surfaces are due for a wet sanding. What is good to use after sanding the oxidized areas?
When I did mine I used a da and a micro fiber cutting pad with some chop top. If it's really heavy go with flat top. Then I polished with classic finish. Wiped down with throw back and applied the ceramic coating. Then just maintenance from there.

4 years later it is due for the process again. Mainly swirl defects on the front and rear entry points. So I may get away with a 1 step wake up and orange foam then lay coating down. We will see. But the swirls are driving me crazy. The coating on the rear is also starting to break down. Ignition helps keep it going. But I'm just delaying the inevitable. Time to bring it home this winter and re do.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
When I did mine I used a da and a micro fiber cutting pad with some chop top. If it's really heavy go with flat top. Then I polished with classic finish. Wiped down with throw back and applied the ceramic coating. Then just maintenance from there.
Thank You!!!!! but can you give me the dummy version of that? chop top?? classic finish??? throwback???

MagicMan

Reaction score
Good call reviving the thread as chemicals are constantly changing 👍
I would like to share my newest favorite spray wax the Turtle Wax ceramic hybrid quick detail. We try everything once as it comes out and with much hesitation we tried turtle wax, I must say it is insane how good it works and how long it lasts. It is priced comparable to the others but wow. It works.
Did you spray on your boat or vehicle? If boat how easy was it to wipe down your boat after boating? I was considering using this product a friend of mine used it on his truck and looked great. My boat is ceramic coated, I use boat bling hot sauce works well. I feel that the vinegar may wear down my ceramic over time. The turtlewax product may help extend it longer.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Thank You!!!!! but can you give me the dummy version of that? chop top?? classic finish??? throwback???

Chop top is another cutting compound. It is less aggressive than flat top. Just depends how aggressive you need to be. Flat top is more for gel coat.

ChrisV

Reaction score
The work great. Better than the windshield we had on the Nordic.
When you get a chance could you take a close up picture of it? Want to see how it’s mounted. Thanks!

81Sprint

Reaction score
AJFCJaVtzUSZ10a6d5XcFkdmF7Bs5k1eieMdLUtpEcEK8z0QhHLL7kI6S_NMZEQ1x6PYmenZXxM2-YKYbu6YJPMq7bU_4-XfXVdefa9zZAWTlfWyZ7Uhlec8UO7yD8uTPmFQ6opKwx28vgwOTleyXYC4BFDMfUbqDoAOP-_-BC2Mhhk2jUQ32WdkYzO2-v5l40bE6raeGgQRzuaUJ5ESFImJJmous80oKA_p_tX58rq9IEvwCKIekwDHXonE-TiGjy37Z2og7oeD8fV8vjKsZdktjUic0i4-eksuANW6JVIWOWHdiPjqLy2s967d0lyggvegETR07lbB9N4OassLZgoldmW_FzdbMHLPHCkHDmBvB4BgQkMYK973zqUQ-hOXQfqvrmftPXOtw9a5janhTbyAbZBQQOh_mjSfK8uwatSG_2CplFiyBSPIq3WzC1pQUodfmhG1Q345yPhgxdSLqg9oFDWXy5m5RbiUNBod0oAZvJz2o93oYVTBVId6GrbXqJq23BbPBBzpxjk3oszDj4-DA05GzEhoz_YzEYBCcR0cvVHEKEbmaraVRebypEaDncFQlVgrKhFlG-tjVzu1oPSIYnpbhAmM76IkSiV1wXWdRKvn4A5avZEkqqGa7L8rSydlYIEp0sesgBdB8916jzPns7nzstUq4Ml-6Gnli95p4-NTvEi2se0WnoXL-FI7HtOmcsSUI-gMUldQzpGV_YLxY7e5IVv1CzmcknZs_Y6pwQ-_C7xEeeHUEp8vLMUma5_WOE2cnEdit0feU5gLxMPO7kjoo2iHy9cDvsRz4mU9FJ8cDt2bqtu_eh7uM1E8IDFW4xYZz_njUEzHJcCp-AwzgO4H3Rd2mzaj4IzpiMczWloX5tG6EzX5zCLngkGDXbQXYpJYwqCK0OdRhSh3dM_-MaJrJWU=w970-h969-s-no

AJFCJaXHSxfsc8tsGh423G__i2vUzrWcoogVTCJ--n4qHedF3DFXnhfuciKDUgW6OS3JD3of6I1weLJoNiCJEcF19fMBO-H_9lN2U-vaAfMfsJf110jd5MH6GhoAeMqa0bDo35DbmwpRznm18H1LyjptJLL9-yDDcTW5YHItT-loOjRwh6x8C_G0ta3NDe0LLuh8hhDnGC43UUKVahRWH5w27nUeLioTHQSPQbnBLV9iNZUcdONETEYtYcSzeRZZxkHIgZwhJwVsehC-BvpmfzqvxUUYPWZdSI5jpaQiMQ8_QP2-rzEtThi2sFlgsMnRppgtkwolRLW6dHds5ORv26EGK2Hh9-9HFtSNqw2ByL7fUIW3enl-2TVD5h7J5xWJZpiPv2vOrOMxuncp6WzMKFPweyStvR9u4xRcArwLnSs1t3CYaz10C_kPmbFCFrjG9A6yb_XYkfR_j9k667WsWC6iNH9YE4axYnKeG0ehK9XHmTOIkW9g3Ah9Nv2q48lHq7QvhNtStsmLjTOytdSVFjOCX7l47i47G_hPbAZCuY4K4VtvGNkvYhDS9uMdjubTFPQJd5A4baA5ZzUl7vfSlQhJ-44UxotUCHHbgpmqWpPFSxK9pedBb3pyJN1mE7vuA-R_jMLw13j3bjoWuAqKVQsq0OUr86lR9fOxxY_-0QBjX3CXCR2fIDj691mLPVmj83eyJ7ZhMgF926DbCNujOJzNMnXmgiQP8zuO-kChWv79IUHUYQEhmpPAxSLRUE1jgvBryFUaXzW4XoC0h3IZOmPZ2XkYavsFTDXQFBRm_uHH3Rk7sUJ7QuRoW0ke-u55D_WUA78Lrw8dNMiGXlMeVIn36V1fN2uuhe8HJYHIXcGJdBPd5AEJeioVcVRsM3XheVEFJJE4aeJC8rINXwfd4w9ejg6CGw8=w970-h969-s-no

AJFCJaXWeK8x3-nR0ci3YrkVsVcTiYOEfkNgCP8B2qib5-CXYswg7jCPfLYu1z29_gSCfrl9Q-nks5r3iyL1nuQyGktNFnGXP3YkYb_AwZ_LnbsEyPX60SOUseGbxSjX-ghzKs2HKvKnTDG5sgR0O_fFekEaqVjt0IWeL9y_6GQ7VaOvzKFQ28wH2qwjPW658-RoY7Xs5hkygsldCmNPXeSBrvdzNVsumiOWxorNf9CPmY_qNsBgesITTYEPXGXV0A4ovzKnVaZprFOuLwFazN6In_V2FlNEP8aSJGoyLPLOAgrdYWKvdeqWbczFG_wjn-6NOstukhxGU0TBdQ_bxh87G8lKqr3n6si2NWylW30rP4yxYRx14jRZNo1qQIVbb1c7aIvtDiTOKErdiT6d_LSkm4ia_t4MBTJhK0hEMgD7I4sMlbMl1SI1C2dhFpES4D-zoHJxRHY1OlQoAREF7yzgLbxrSVySO8O_OtMmKm5eoDQlzBjmZEkqho5xVfxE_gNSDKzcWzCuQKe3l3GYors3TZT-YeWmMpQuCdD8vqDg7xxOkn_bIGNcV1V9PGHlsGBSPgtowKuVOEDefuxp_wkxObPAZFJURDB00Y8VIn-3L1ibWofQ41NQtbYxyo8EPb_HjuGYcKKugvv2w8s8BT3IRuWnDk3Dmq8XHnn8TrxZviJcnNJCFxwzqYVZiGOaoHaOZBaihUcBasdLe28zUh_s7j-biCnMqdXDElJ1NH0muHrcCuDuSIlzP64Ip6mdGCxP-saiSF82npmasZwlgPBmvLwtlfE2Kshp69h_zX3_sHCsQ7fK38_KGwl_lhDv6esNJNY0iYSTzSwcOanpXp0xfNhDO2itEMD7Vpfnbx7nlW5HSg66mReJcxU-w1ilOPuKEuRQcvvm6mvfBEnfUe04RDejxyQ=w1292-h969-s-no

AJFCJaUXhLJ_uYYBwasRM_gsc6BAe6-Iad0zVPGlmPWfGcm8t-_nYQTKEjDfpq9xNICh4R9WHAeQBIYR2RbIS-s-H3YbKWogzefZ4ZDBVZTUXe8y6WIsd3L4l-b459QQ0XVNmYXZzliWFJKuOJd5nIGQ-BmaqMRKiWDNQlbYcoA8VoKgEA3Ll_2kz6HT3gL6hF0_Ru9cs0z8U6YVhM8416NUsK3AEHOR0_lS9oUtPYhssLUravs-cX0MPiX702SSNup7FqTrmjZYA-70Ej7EQx-B3ac-95WgPMY6m4EygA1xllyIai03a68wiJTstjP4NfFgtAwuWV7wlhYyZGE6xRMEXRfUvo-jWUo7Y6JI-xKYw3Qb6r10Y9zTl5Z2ILQqieko-NjuziCEUMbC6jBGqbWgHUn1Bkb1f1mW62xkU3exQ8r7dnwJBIf90VI9c1zizqy50cYJqgNpZDuTwA-7KL19JZ6JPlUdnCbBQbGhIaVIILbDDeRoESSD0LYXGysNIa71gZFSI0OEgP2wAwfg0zsy9F4MgHodYimD46-3-v7fg1GDbqareL9WOvEYM5kGZPdZUZyBNbJjqMnoScNCUnGOupv0mIDyRjkaBRkTpG5ZMN0_Iv1mz788YKioYwGm1-m85ermK8yYZ_LUUFUrSvQjr7NA5SkzLpa0AFcWcunB0ppNcesYQzAT99O7B5zFe4N1DNWfbEKVvu5Zcv3GPUxVUKdk05Ycv4vPIw9SVCm6HA9Xz07CR55gmNzTBS3Q8ZNixVNcIABe0yOoeQVb1kwOhfzNFXXZ5WiHfDGF4O2a7_-UZqOCNNGIAZO_kr4AbF-eLZjOCIPyzrfc4lLM0Z9yhxcC26My9oVis-jjPOv8817s-CuL9qvWh4ynosETX13ibHda8sLF0UmpcIsMrvMCY-j67Uo=w1292-h969-s-no

Meguiars 105 Ultra Cut with a wool pad low speed, followed by 205 polish with a foam pad and then a good synthetic wax. Always works for me, I did it on the cruiser and well worn trailer I just picked up and it came out better than I thought.

N2DEEEP

Reaction score
I’ve been using the xtreme stuff or however you spell it. Works great for my day use. I use the orange one for the boat spray wax then the interior cleaner. For the pods I just use the aerosol glass cleaner in a white and blue can. Works better than windex.

The orange xtreme stuff works well afyer pulling out after a day on the water. No problem with the water spots on the transom.

I always make sure to use a clean microfiber as the small dirt particles will make little micro scratches if they get too dirty.

Recently left the boat in the water for 5 days and the scum line was terrible. Tried everything and couldn’t get it off. I ordered some fsr gel cleaner and that was what got it off. Lots of work to go through the whole bottom of the boat. Then go back with an actual wax as the gel cleaner strips everything off it seems. Nasty ass pirates dock water…..
Same here, orange stuff as well as the green stuff works great! I use their vinyl mist as well along with their blue conditioner. Myke’s a cool stand up dude!

Ahotmess

Reaction score
Boat candy is my go to usually but In lake havasu water is brutal I use hot sauce