WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Washing yore cap

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Got some hats that I really like and some are starting to show some abuse. My Irwindale Speedway is one of my favorites and threw it in the washer a few weeks ago with other items. Came out pretty damn clean and let it air dry. I'm not talking $50 t-shirts here but I do have some $25+ hats that I like. BTW I sweat like a pig on slaughter day so try and wear my older ones when doing chores outside.
What's your method to clean a dirty cap?
16250085207779011016800247471363.jpg

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
I have 3 in the dishwasher now. Buy a 3 pack of the cages on Amazon. Work great. Have 3 more drying up now with a blower on them. I wear them at work so they get dirty quick. Been a few months since I washed any.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Buy a Tornador......you'll use it for a buncha shit, especially car interiors.....work good on hats too. You can use Simple Green or fabric cleaners, etc. in it. You'll thank me later. 😁

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
There is a bunch a different ones online.....and trust me. The $30 ones work just fine. They kick ass on carpets. Just vacuum real well and watch the eyes...these mofos kick up all the lil sand particles and shit....lol.

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
Oh....and who could forget BOAT interiors too....good on stubborn stains. Go ahead, spill a can of soda....it will clean it. There's my boating content for the year....😂

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Ive never been able to keep a hat after washing it, even with cages. They just aren't the same and its time to find a new favorite hat. I wear a hat every single day of the year so i got lots of hats, i never wash them after not having success earlier in life.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
whats the secret?????

the cardboard (?) in the bill pretty much dissolves in the washer... comes out like a limp biscuit

HOOTER SLED-

Reaction score
whats the secret?????

the cardboard (?) in the bill pretty much dissolves in the washer... comes out like a limp biscuit
Alot of hats nowadays have plastic bills so they should be fine.....that Tornador thing I posted above is actually easy on the wetness. Thats why I like it so much on carpets. Gets the stains out well without soaking the shit out of it and having to suck it out with a strong vac.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
C'mon! This placed is filled with ballers. The clear answer is throw it away and buy a new one! I mean they're only $25-30 a piece!

Last edited:

samsah33

Reaction score
I just dunk it in the closest body of h2o (lake, pool, ocean), but my hats don't get "dirty" with dirt, just super sweaty so a quick dunk keeps away the white sweat-salt ring... Also a wet hat is pretty cooling in the desert.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I had a Laveycraft "The Bottom Line" hat from 1986. Depicting the Sebring hull.... Destroyed it in the washer...

I treasured it and I know I'll never find another..

2Driver

Reaction score
I get a hat cleaning cage, and throw them in the dishwasher, top shelf. I spray it down with oxy before I start the dishwasher.

I pull it out when done, open the cage and let it air dry. If it’s not dripping wet just wear it and it will dry nicely.

I bought a stand up jet ski from the guy who invented the hat cage. He just had a 2000 sq foot building stacked with inventory and a tiny office up front. The guy was killing it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I bought a stand up jet ski from the guy who invented the hat cage. He just had a 2000 sq foot building stacked with inventory and a tiny office up front. The guy was killing it.

And then everyone copied it lol

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
This is a big issue with me. As said above I sweat like a pig on slaughter day. Here in TN not as big a deal, but still a pain. Per my wife I am "allowed" to wear a hat 1 time and then it goes into the wash. She says they stink after one use, which is because I sweat so damn much. Constantly looking for cheap hats.

In Sarasota it is worse. I play Volleyball for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Go through 2 hats in the am and 2 hats in the pm. They get soaked through within an hour of playing. 4 hats a day, so I usually have 12 hats or so.

Then because I am bald I have to wear a hat most other times. Never thought one of my biggest pains in the ass would be having enough hats. Rant off.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
Since my dome is hair free, I too wear hats all the time. I go through a bunch of hats, and washing them they never seem to be the same.
Got a can of this awhile back finally tried it on a hat I wore this weekend at the river, no sweat stains. We'll see what the hat looks like after this weekend, 2 rounds of golf booked.
20210630_060812.jpg

East Wood

Reaction score
I was blessed by the good lord with what seems like overactive sweat glands. Always seems like when in a group Im dripping like a pig and everyone else is barely showing any signs. I also wear a hat every single day, so I go through a lot of hats. Sweat stains appear within days of owning a new hat drives me nuts. Especially when NuEra hats are so damn expensive...

I looked on Amazon for the Hat Saver stuff, but couldn't find it any idea where to purchase?

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I was blessed by the good lord with what seems like overactive sweat glands. Always seems like when in a group Im dripping like a pig and everyone else is barely showing any signs. I also wear a hat every single day, so I go through a lot of hats. Sweat stains appear within days of owning a new hat drives me nuts. Especially when NuEra hats are so damn expensive...

I looked on Amazon for the Hat Saver stuff, but couldn't find it any idea where to purchase?

They advertise on Facebook...

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Buy a Tornador......you'll use it for a buncha shit, especially car interiors.....work good on hats too. You can use Simple Green or fabric cleaners, etc. in it. You'll thank me later. 😁

These things are badass. I was eyeing them for probably 2 years before I pulled the trigger and bought one. I use it for all kinds of stuff. Floor mats in cars, sliding door tracks, etc. Definitely a handy tool to have laying around.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I had a Laveycraft "The Bottom Line" hat from 1986. Depicting the Sebring hull.... Destroyed it in the washer...

I treasured it and I know I'll never find another..
Damn, that would be badass to have. Strong chance it was my uncles boat on it too. He owns the first Sebring from the mold that Chris raced in the '85 Parker 9 hour.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Damn, that would be badass to have. Strong chance it was my uncles boat on it too. He owns the first Sebring from the mold that Chris raced in the '85 Parker 9 hour.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I'm sure it is. It was very unique image, never seen any others. I had a T shirt also... Now I gotta ck the attic.. I may have preserved the carcass